Aurene's Illness (Spoilers and Theories)

zolcor.2601

Ever wonder if Aurene's condition after eating Joko will turn out to become a serious problem in the next Living World episode for Season 4? I have a few theories as to what could happen.

1. Given that Aurene ate Joko and radiated purple-ish magic at random times, and that reality is getting warped, it's possible Joko could return somehow.
  2. Aurene and the Commander fight Kralkatorrik, and are partially successful, but because Aurene ate Joko, there may be some strange magical event (possibly Kralk's doing), that causes the fight to backfire and make both Aurene, Joko's essence and magic, and possibly a portion of Kralk's magic to go under the ocean to the Deep Sea Elder Dragon (Bubbles), causing the DSD to finally be able to cause trouble to coastlines and more.
  3. The Commander, and his allies (Aurene included) will hurt Kralk, and some of the magic goes to Bubbles under the ocean. Kralk wanting his magic back will fly in whatever direction Bubbles is and attempt to take it back. It's possible but given what happened with the sinkhole in Divinity's Reach due to negative feedback, we may or may not have to travel to Cantha to fight either Bubbles, Kralk, or maybe both simultaneously. It's also very possible we'll never see Cantha return for those reasons and more. As for earlier some of Kralk's magic, provided he does get critically wounded, might go to Aurene causing her to age further and get even larger.
  4. Safirah may turn out to play a major bad guy role in the next Living World episode. She may try to attack Aurene in revenge since Aurene did play some part in helping the Commander stop Balthazar. A possible attack on Aurene by Safirah or another enemy could cause serious problems like theory 1 happening.
  5. The Commander finds a cure for Aurene, but it also backfires causing a problem or problems possibly leading to a 3rd expansion.

If anyone can think of more theories please share them. Thank you. :)

Was Aurene not exhausted from all the fighting she did? Our little dragon was fighting a former god, then a war and finally Palawa Joko. After all that she might need some well deserved R&R, but we send her to fight Kralkatorrik.As for Joko, I think he left Tyria for good. If he had any idea on how strong Kralkatorrik became, and given that his army was fighting the branded he might have, he did the same thing rats do and left the sinking ship.As for Aurene, I like to imagine that she had a bad case of flatulence for two weeks after she ate Palawa Joko.

@zolcor.2601 said:

1. Given that Aurene ate Joko and radiated purple-ish magic at random times, and that reality is getting warped, it's possible Joko could return somehow.Well, reality-warping basically means all bets are off, so I guess anything is possible.

2. Aurene and the Commander fight Kralkatorrik, and are partially successful, but because Aurene ate Joko, there may be some strange magical event (possibly Kralk's doing), that causes the fight to backfire and make both Aurene, Joko's essence and magic, and possibly a portion of Kralk's magic to go under the ocean to the Deep Sea Elder Dragon (Bubbles), causing the DSD to finally be able to cause trouble to coastlines and more.I was under the impression that the DSD could cause trouble on coastlines but wasn't for other reasons. Maybe the DSD is sowing seeds to ensure its victory or, perhaps, it plans to conquer the entire ocean before coming ashore. Both seem like pretty good reasons to avoid leaking information to an eventual enemy.

3. Safirah may turn out to play a major bad guy role in the next Living World episode. She may try to attack Aurene in revenge since Aurene did play some part in helping the Commander stop Balthazar. A possible attack on Aurene by Safirah or another enemy could cause serious problems like theory 1 happening.I think this would have already happened or would happen much later. Even Anet knows you give a character some time in between introduction and utilization(see s4e4 of living story; should have waited for longer to make an actual impact, imo).

4. The Commander finds a cure for Aurene, but it also backfires causing a problem or problems possibly leading to a 3rd expansion.This sounds sloppy, so it might happen. I really hope it doesn't, though.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Episode 4 seemed to show there was no real effect on Aurene from eating Joko.

It's just another thing that Anet added to add drama for 0.5 seconds.

well I'll play devil's advocate in here but none of NPCs seemed to care about animation that springed whole "did eating joko hurt aurene" theories in the first place.... heck the animation of blast itself was easy to miss and if you did miss it it seemed basically like a cat taking a nap after big breakfast. while I am unsure what was point of the energy discharge in there, I'd risk saying that "0.5 second drama" was player made ;)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Episode 4 seemed to show there was no real effect on Aurene from eating Joko.

well I'll play devil's advocate in here but none of NPCs seemed to care about animation that springed whole "did eating joko hurt aurene" theories in the first place.... heck the animation of blast itself was easy to miss and if you did miss it it seemed basically like a cat taking a nap after big breakfast. while I am unsure what was point of the energy discharge in there, I'd risk saying that "0.5 second drama" was player made ;)

Or it was purely a case of "indigestion after a less than entirely palatable meal". Even if the magic was nutritious for Aurene's Elder-Dragon-in-potentia side, a centuries-old lich probably wasn't too pleasant on her biological stomach and taste buds (which she apparently has from her taste in fish). A few hours of nausea from eating something completely disgusting seems entirely to be expected.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

The burst of magic, which happened right as Aurene took her first bite into Joko, was visualizing his undeath spell becoming broken, thus killing his immortality spell. That's how I saw it, espcially with his postmortem monologue via the hidden statue talking about how the message would play should his magic become unbound.

Given the dialogue from shattered nation:

Braham Eirsson: Seems like it took a lot out of her, though. Collapsed right there in the summit room.Character name: Collapsed? Do you think it's because of...?Braham Eirsson: Eating Joko would give anybody indigestion, but... Maybe she's just trying to do too much.

Looks like eating Joko just gave her an upset tummy and that’s about it.

Was is kinda neat is that potentially, Aurene will be housing the magic of all three villains of PoF.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it rather unlikely that the DSD is even interested in Tyria the continent. I mean, there's 3 other dragons this way slurping up all the magic. Why would he come here to compete over the same, ever diminishing resources? There's plenty of other parts of planet he may go to devour. Like Cantha. I'm actually surprised that the awakening ED's have been sticking around for so long. The only reason they were so close together when waking up is probably this area had the last magic for them to munch on the last Dragonrise.

Archived