What are the most profitable ways (gold per hour) to farm gold and how much gold per hour they give?

@"Glider.5792" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56616/how-i-make-my-gold-guide-200g-day#latestI didnt realy look at his vid, but i think its safe to say this should give you some ideas.

My personal favourite farms:-Daily fractals (best)-Silverwastes RIBA-Leatherfarm in Lake Doric-Weekly raids-Some random stuff which come and go-Fractal 42/96 farm

1. How much you make in daily fractals per hour?
  2. What about Istan?
  3. Why you prefer Silverwastes RIBA to Istan?

@Glider.5792 said:

1. Idk how much per hour it is, but whole daily brings around 35-45g i guess ? but not everything is pure gold. If you go actual fractal farm, it can be up to 60g/h.
  2. Not interested in it.
  3. Bandit Crests.
  1. How much you make per hour in Silverwastes RIBA farm?
  2. What do you do with Bandit Crests? What is the reason for you to farm them?

@Urud.4925 said:There's probably something wrong with me. Even if I do the same contents, I don't even get close to that amount of gold. Sometimes I read ppl doing 16g for Tarir, when I barely make 4g. Maybe it only works with very high MF :/

Tarir meta gives nowhere close to 16g. Maybe if you actualy do the WHOLE map meta.

@Annihilator.2617 said:

1. Idk how much per hour it is, but whole daily brings around 35-45g i guess ? but not everything is pure gold. If you go actual fractal farm, it can be up to 60g/h.
  2. Not interested in it.
  3. Bandit Crests.

1. No clue
  2. Precursor crafting mainly

@Urud.4925 said:There's probably something wrong with me. Even if I do the same contents, I don't even get close to that amount of gold. Sometimes I read ppl doing 16g for Tarir, when I barely make 4g. Maybe it only works with very high MF :/

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not sure what the purpose even is of trying to just do whatever maximizes gold intake. For one thing, it makes the game work instead of play because you're engaging in activities you 'should' rather than what you enjoy. For another - what does anyone need all that gold for? If you have say 5000 g in the bank because you do whatever you're doing vs someone more efficient has 7000 g - so what? Is there some super-expensive thing you are saving for? There seems to be a culture of just amassing as much gold as possible as though that was the point of the game. Personally I don't see it. I never worry about gold and I always have enough for whatever I need to buy, without maxing the potential or even coming close.

If you are really looking for the most efficient and profitable way to get gold/gems in GW2 there is but one solution, get a job and work.Federal minimum wage (per hour): 7.25 $

According to GW2Spidy 7.25 $ equal103,57 gold OR 580 gems (per hour)(1 gold = 0.07 USD; 100 gems = 1.25 USD; 10/09/2018 18:41 CEST)

Personally I dislike this method, as I play the game as a hobby. I like my job, but I do not want to mix it with GW2. There are countless of money-making threads on this forum, I've mentioned a couple of times what pathetic methods I use to maintain my finances ingame. Honestly it is neither efficient, nor can it be considered farming. But I can enjoy the game completely, what matters most for me. When I have too much money, I tend to waste it for ridiculous projects (e. g. Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra). So for me, less is more ^^.

Sadly, before this thread hides on page two there will be at least two new ones asking almost the same question. Maybe we can get a big sticky for making money in this sub-forum, where every of these threads gets merged in?

@Annihilator.2617 said:

@"Glider.5792" said:
  2. Not interested in it.
  3. Bandit Crests.

1.16-20 but I know the ways

1. Amulet gambling, better chances then precursor drop and higher price to sell.

Park a level 50 alt in Tarir, do meta on your main lv 80, loot on lv 50, simple, salve and see how much you made

@phs.6089 said:

@"Glider.5792" said:
  1. How much you make per hour in Silverwastes RIBA farm?Is this (Park a level 50 alt in Tarir, do meta on your main lv 80, loot on lv 50) the "way" that you are talking about or there is also something else?

@Biff.5312 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not sure what the purpose even is of trying to just do whatever maximizes gold intake. For one thing, it makes the game work instead of play because you're engaging in activities you 'should' rather than what you enjoy. For another - what does anyone need all that gold for? If you have say 5000 g in the bank because you do whatever you're doing vs someone more efficient has 7000 g - so what? Is there some super-expensive thing you are saving for? There seems to be a culture of just amassing as much gold as possible as though that was the point of the game. Personally I don't see it. I never worry about gold and I always have enough for whatever I need to buy, without maxing the potential or even coming close.

Yeah, I never really farmed metas, Istan/Silverwastes, I don't like to play MMOs in this way (anymore). But I was just curious to know why I always read that you can farm so much gold per hour, in several threads, when I never make much. From the tip about parking an alt lv50 and the video linked by @Linken.6345 I understood more now (though I won't create a new character just for this).I'm definitely far from owning 5k gold (actually never reached 1k) and there are several achievements that require gold. But the game has a lot of slow achievements and time gated contents anyway, I won't bother to just complete them a bit earlier. I mean, if I must play 1 hour of annoying and repetitive contents to farm 30 gold, I'd rather buy gems and convert them with 1 hour of my real job.

I would add that an essential element of any "most profitable" way to acquire gold in-game is the one that @Biff.5312 hinted at.

That is: the most profitable way to acquire gold (or anything else) in-game is the one you can tolerate doing over and over again until you have enough of whatever it is to get hold of whatever it is you wanted to get hold of. If you die of boredom before you accumulate enough gold or Mistonium(1) or whatever, you won't be able to buy / craft whatever it was you wanted.

(1) I mention Mistonium because I would like to buy the medium and light Requiem sets from Trader Hyacinth, and that means 375 Mistonium per set. I have, therefore, to find a way to pace my acquisition so that I can tolerate repeating it for 750 Mistonium. (That's 150 Jahai hearts if that's all the Mistonium I get, but I also get a bit from incidental Jahai dailies, random nodes I encounter along the way, and digging it out of the home instance node.)

I'm pretty sure for RIBA/Istan to truly be as profitable as people advertise, you've got to be A: Opening bags on a lvl 50-53 alt, and B: Selling all the mats and loot. Just running the meta doesn't give you massive amounts of gold, so if you're pocketing the mats, you're not going to be rolling in gold no matter how long you farm. Daily fractals is the one that does give you straight-up gold.

Then again, if you're like me and all you were going to spend your gold on was buying mats, running meta farms can really cut out the middleman.

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:I'm pretty sure for RIBA/Istan to truly be as profitable as people advertise, you've got to be A: Opening bags on a lvl 50-53 alt, and B: Selling all the mats and loot. Just running the meta doesn't give you massive amounts of gold, so if you're pocketing the mats, you're not going to be rolling in gold no matter how long you farm. Daily fractals is the one that does give you straight-up gold.

Then again, if you're like me and all you were going to spend your gold on was buying mats, running meta farms can really cut out the middleman.

In the case of Istan there is also having high MF for opening the unid gear and also converting all the volatile magic to shipments and selling those.

Fractals is probably best for 'get a chunk of gold a day then you can go off and do whatever'. For all the other ones farming becomes the game ...

I bought GW2 on December 28, 2012, and have been playing ever since.

I have never had more than 1,000 gold at any given instance. The reason is that I never really felt like I needed that much coin. I may not have the amount I want, but I do have the amount that I need. Granted, I have never created or own a legendary weapon- but that is fine with me. Hint: If you are like me, and do not do PvP or WvW, exotic stuff will do you just fine.

What I would recommend, though, is doing dailies. I can get them completed in about 15 minutes, no problem. I spend most of my time nowadays helping out newbies in the beginner and 15-25 zones. While not getting a lot of coin, I still manage to make about 2-3 gold per hour/hour and a half, just breaking down stuff and selling it (I have been amazed at how much money I can make just selling butter!).

My recommendation: do not focus on coin so much. Doing so can really lessen the enjoyment of playing the game. I used to worry about coin when I first started out, but since then, have found that the greatest enjoyment is being social and friendly. I currently belong to a guild that has people from around the world, and we have gotten to know each other).

One last thing: Know your zones. Every zone in the game has a few chests lying about (regular, splendid, grand). Get to know where they are. Heck, if you're in the zone anyways, it only takes a few minutes to get them. I have gotten some nice loot from them. Also, since you are in the zone, do the mini-dungeon. A lot of people miss these two things, and are easy for beginners to do, as well.

@"Centurian.6571" said:I bought GW2 on December 28, 2012, and have been playing ever since.

I have never had more than 1,000 gold at any given instance.

Solid advice all around!

Personally, I've been playing for 3 years and have 1 legendary done and 2 more lined up with almost everything that costs gold done. I have never had more than 250ish gold at one point.

Edit: I realised I did actually hit 450-500 gold briefly just after this latest episode - Amalgamated Gemstones spiked enough that I sold the ~200 I had and immediately put up buy orders to buy them back at "normal" price.

I used to farm SW RIBA way before HoT and during early HoT, at that time im able to manage ~250g a day with 10 hours+ farming, i don't know or have idea about how SW is right now but probably still a decent way to make gold, i guess it would be ~100g to 150g with 10 hours but just my guess. I quit SW because bags open characters ate up my space and i don't like it.

After i quit SW i just live buy collecting random mats around the world, wvw, meta etc cuz i don't really need any gold during my absence time. Don't really into fractals or raid neither, im a pure fan of open world contents and stories. Doing AB DS TD and occasionally VD if we have good map, doing those can bring me around 20g+ per day but it took quite alot of efforts.

Then PoF came and we got Istan, this map is literally a non-stop gold train, i can get around 20g+ per hour and with abit of luck ~40g, unlike SW i don't need low level char to open bags so i really prefer Istan over SW but the farm is somehow intense. I can manage to get ~400g to 500g in 3 days of farming Istan, 3hrs to 5hrs per day. One more thing i like about Istan is it easy to join and switching between maps, in SW if you got d/c somehow during meta breach to maze then you are 90% screwed because it extremely hard to get back in a full SW map.

Ah sorry i should've been more specific, it's squad - taxi etc. Because Istan farming required to constantly switching between instances, so there are few who play the role as scout looking for new map with fresh event so we can just join those scouts without fearing the map being full like SW where one instance will last and ppl farming it for a very very long time without changing.

One of the reasons Tarir was so popular for farming when it came out was because it gave a lot of globs of ectoplasm. At the time these were ~35silver from memory. Now they are ~15silver. I still recommend it. You should diversify your farming experience or the game can burn you out quickly.

One that I recommend and do regularly is farming Tangled Depths. TLDR learn one of these lane metas:

Enter map. Complete one of the lane metas above (to help keep your ley line crystals up). Then train each lane for Crystallized Supply Caches. Then swap maps. You can do this 3-4 times every two hours. Up to you if you want to do the map meta, but it feels like the least profitable part of farming the map.