Kormir and Kasmeer ( spoilers )

Ithilwen.1529

The talk between Kormir and Lady Kasmeer should have been essentially the same as the talk between The Avatar of Lyssa and Kormir 250 odd years ago. That was where the plot was leading.

This is one of the few glaring flaws in the PoF storyline. The discussion was muddled.. it didn't really carry the message across clearly. ANET ought to review and redo that bit. It is a major hinge of the story.

I made a similar observation myself - in fact, I thought it would have been nice to have Kasmeer (knowingly) or the PC (unknowingly) echo Kormir's words: "You leave us a few words of encouragement and expect us to fight a god?"

Which could have been an opportunity for Kormir to point out that this did work out in the end...

Furthermore they missed a huge chance to convey real hope and encouragement; instead of that lame 'Never forget that.' on that cringe-worthy voice*, they should have gone with her old Sunspear catchphrase: "Remember; you never fight alone."

(*I think they got Glint's old VA to say her lines for the memory crystals, or at least someone else very similar to her voice. Why didn't they get Kormir's voice actress from Nightfall - or if they couldn't for one reason or the other, then at least somebody else with better delivery?)

Exactly my problem with the entire scene with Kormir. She essentially parrots Lyssa from the Gate of Madness mission in Nightfall and tells you to go fight a god with nothing more than a pat on the back. Sure 250 years have passed, but Kormir was once human, who had gone through this exact trial against a different god, so you would think that she would understand what the Commander and his/her allies will face when fighting a god and offer her support.

But nope, she just leaves after telling us that we have all the tools necessary for the job. Uh... we just wasted valuable time chasing you down Kormir for a few words of encouragement when we could have used that time to track down Balthazar or find out another way of dealing with him. The entire sequence just made me feel depressed that once more the gods are not willing to help and now they are leaving Tyria behind. The old Sunspear mantra of "You never fight alone." doesn't make sense here as she is literally abandoning us to our fates, while she runs away.

Also, I found Kormir extremely hypocritical when she pointed out that Rytlock freed Balthazar and he had to make it right, when she did precisely the same thing with Abaddon prior to Nightfall. In fact, a great deal of Path of Fire could simply be summed up as Nightfall 2.0 with Balthazar replacing Abaddon.

@Zephic.3075 said:Exactly my problem with the entire scene with Kormir. She essentially parrots Lyssa from the Gate of Madness mission in Nightfall and tells you to go fight a god with nothing more than a pat on the back. Sure 250 years have passed, but Kormir was once human, who had gone through this exact trial against a different god, so you would think that she would understand what the Commander and his/her allies will face when fighting a god and offer her support.

But nope, she just leaves after telling us that we have all the tools necessary for the job. Uh... we just wasted valuable time chasing you down Kormir for a few words of encouragement when we could have used that time to track down Balthazar or find out another way of dealing with him. The entire sequence just made me feel depressed that once more the gods are not willing to help and now they are leaving Tyria behind. The old Sunspear mantra of "You never fight alone." doesn't make sense here as she is literally abandoning us to our fates, while she runs away.

Also, I found Kormir extremely hypocritical when she pointed out that Rytlock freed Balthazar and he had to make it right, when she did precisely the same thing with Abaddon prior to Nightfall. In fact, a great deal of Path of Fire could simply be summed up as Nightfall 2.0 with Balthazar replacing Abaddon.

I think that the point was to make Nightfall 2.0. Kormir also more or less stated that she had freed Abaddon and needed to make it right. If memory serves, that was right after the mission where we broke the dams on the River of Souls.

I just wish it had been done more clearly.

Archived