Gem buying issue

I've been trying to buy some gems with my card for the last few minutes and the store isn't playing ball, first time I got a super helpful error message that an "unknown error" had occurred and the second time while I was on the phone with my bank to make sure if wasn't being declined by them as a suspicious transaction (which has happened on occasion) it didn't seem to go through at all. Is something going on with digital river or the gem store in general?

I am also having the same issue, couldn't buy the expansions either. I made my free to play account over 6 months ago, came back to the game with my wife to give it a shot with her and I couldn't make purchases last night trying 4 different cards both Mastercard and Visa. I purchased my expansions through the website to get around it but that's not an option for gems. To be honest this is not a great first impression. I opened a support ticket on the site : Ticket #7101905

36 hours on ticket and response was not handled well and still unresolved. I have personally worked in high volume technical support and can generally be empathetic but a business that doesn't prioritize any issue that can disrupt accepting payment, especially on luxury expenditures, worries me. I spent hours on the forums reviewing similar cases because I'd rather fix the issue myself before troubling support. This does not appear to be a new issue. Maybe I am a fool for being upset here and putting this much energy into this, a smarter man would have walked away the moment he tried a 2nd payment option and ran into that split second flash on screen of an unexpected error.Posting my ticket status below and will continue to do so until resolved so others may know what to expect.

My Ticket:

@kilrothy.4936 Yesterday at 01:17Spent 3 hours today trying to buy stuff in game as a new player. First I tried to buy the 2 expansions by using the purchase option on the in-game client. Tried 4 different credit cards and all of them flash an unexpected error after check out and fail to purchase. I finally gave up and purchased with one of those same credit cards via a web browser. No problems on the browser. Decided I also wanted to make a gem purchase and found you can not do that through a web browser and this has to be done in game. Hours later I still can not make a purchase within the in-game client. There is obviously not an issue with all 4 of my cards, especially since I was able to make a purchase on your webpage without issue.

This is extremely disappointing. This does not appear to be a new product and I am responsible for my own account and at minimum my wife's expansions+gem purchases out the door I am looking to spend about $130 on a game which now giving me this horrible first impression. I am very close to requesting a refund for wasting my time and finding a different game for my wife and I. I am hoping this issue can be corrected expediently and this inconvenience made right.

For the record I tried both Visa and Mastercard

Response:

@Jigson Today at 08:59Hello,

We apologize for the delay in our response due to the high volume of tickets that we are handling.

I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble buying the game. However, it looks like your issue is now resolved as I see that you were able to make a successful game purchase and have successfully applied it to your Guild Wars 2 game account since contacting us. If you are still having trouble or have any questions, please reply and let us know and we will help you out.

Regards,

JigsonGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

My response:

Kilrothy.4936Today at 13:24

Just logged in to test a gem purchase and the issue is NOT resolved. I provided you with the entire background to better assist in you in resolving my issue. Please read my ticket again: I will break down all the information important in a list this time:

1.Created a guild wars account 6+months ago.

1. Quit playing 2 weeks in.
  2. Came back to game this week.
  3. Attempted to purchase expansions in game:
  4. Received unexpected error with 4 different credit cards.
  5. Purchased expansions through the website
  6. Applied to account.
  7. Attempted to buy gems
  8. Same unexpected error.
  9. NO OPTION TO BUY GEMS ON SITE.
  10. UNRESOLVED ISSUE: CAN NOT BUY GEMS
  11. Received this response claiming I found a way to buy the expansions and apply them so my issue must be fixed.
  12. Logged into game to attempt to buy gems.
  13. Received same unexpected error..
  14. ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED.

If ticket volume is high please take the time to fully read your customer tickets so they can get resolved on the first attempt when possible so you only spend half the time on each customer issue.

JigsonToday at 15:18Hello,

We're looking into your purchase attempts and will get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

JigsonGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

GM MavenToday at 19:49Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

Ok, you’re all set! You should now be able to make your desired purchases.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Regards,

GM MavenGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

Made a purchase to test and sure enough it is now working. Other than the ticket history above I did nothing on my end. Seems like there is a bug in the game at some level preventing communication to the merchant that they can manually adjust. Hopefully I don't have to go through this whole process for my wife's account next.

If you have this bug, the only way to fix it is likely a support ticket (*Through the webpage not the in game ticket system as I read that goes to game testers whom you don't want/need to have this info) be sure to be very clear as to your issue so you don't have the communication issue I had above.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Poobah.6254" said:I've been trying to buy some gems with my card for the last few minutes and the store isn't playing ball, first time I got a super helpful error message that an "unknown error" had occurred and the second time while I was on the phone with my bank to make sure if wasn't being declined by them as a suspicious transaction (which has happened on occasion) it didn't seem to go through at all. Is something going on with digital river or the gem store in general?

Same issue on my side for the past 2 days. money and bank all ready but gem stall and tickets response not working.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived