Zombie Horde gameplay

Matt H.6142

I’ve always felt the game missed a trick with Zhaitan, and later, the awakened to give a good zombie horde rush core to the story. The gates of Arah event scales really well to give that moment now, and the Fahranur instance was awesome.I’m posting to share those events with other survival gameplay lovers, invite others to share other events they’ve found, and maybe encourage a fractal or something for a real 100 vs 5 moment. Happy Halloween

Except that most mobs in this game doesn't actually mob up to become a horde, other than that I feel that every single enemy in OW-Tyria is a zombie, they walk at you and do their clunky auto-attack, and on a timer does their single or double special attack with a big windup/tell. And they're so slow you can strafe around them and they will miss most attacks.

Basically the only thing missing, is having them coming at you in big numbers.

Ironically the Risen in Orr are actually some of the more interesting enemies in OW-Tyria... Yup ANet really loves turning typical MMO expectations on the head! All the zombies doesn't act like zombies! And all the non zombies acts like zombies ! ;)

That said, like standing in the middle of the bandit camp on queensdale, and just see how many they can manage to spawn to attack me.

This is one of my most favorite videos that shows an event of an impromptu simulation of a zombie infection spreading through Vigil Keep performed by Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] guild. Is this the kind of horde you are wanting (classic slow shuffling along), or are you desiring more of the crazy sprinter 'Day Z/28 Days Later' style of infected/zombie?https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2330re/zombie_apocalypse

Music:

Archived