How would you change rending shatter?

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Niche use or not, I think most mesmer traits has some sort of roles they fillExcept two which is useless in any sort of scenario, and that's rending shatter and protected phantasm (especially after the distortion nerf)Of which I'd argue rending shatter is the most useless one in any game mode.With 1 vulnerability per illusion shattered it is outclassed by empowered illusion and confounding suggestion, even after the confounding suggestion's nerfI have no doubt that even ANet's statistic data will show this trait is underused

So here's a question, how do you make it at least a choice in that slot while fitting the power oriented domination traitline?Would love to know people's reason behind their change, and also please mention which game mode is this oriented to

I actually am using both traits. Rending Shatter is actually really good. In the right hands you can apply x25 vulnerability stacks right before your initial burst. which gets complimented by your trait Fragility.

As for Protected Phantasm. you can use that in a boonshare build. If you pare it with Persistence of Memory, then that aegis will be transferred to you after your phantasm is gone. then you can share that out with Signet of Inspiration. Perhaps use Blurred Inscription as well. Have a bit more Aegis uptime.

Rending Shatter is a pretty cool trait for hybrid builds - also another easily applied cover condi.

Trouble here is no hybrid build can really compromise/sacrifice to take Domination, because the other trait lines have much better offerings and the game in general isn't lacking for damage.

Archived