Thanks for Scale Dragon Wings pack!

I actually was going to put up a thread for a review on this item, but yay there's a thread on them already.

Just a heads up before anyone purchases these, definitely check out dulfy's preview on the regular backpack cover while running. Imo, it looks absolutely horrible. I bought them before watching the video, and I honestly really regret it. They're so big and the folded part on the wings just stick to your back like a giant awkward wet paper bag.

Everything else with them looks great - jump animation, transition to glide / gliding animation is smooth, and backing up animation is even nice and subtle. However... just running around, they seriously look stagnant is just really low quality.

I'm not too sure if I am happy about my purchase They do look lovely on their own, but it's difficult to match them to anything and prevent them from looking like they've been glued on. I was hoping for something that looked like a natural extension of the character.

Would anybody happen to have screenshots of their characters wearing the wings? I'd love to see them.

The release of these gliders+backpack sets are always a good reminder that they need to reupload the backpack system as dyeable.They dont have to immediatly make all items actually dyeable, many armor items like the radiant and hellfire have no dye slots either.They can make the system,add the important backpacks first, and slowly update the system until most are in.

@Uon.7491 said:I'm not too sure if I am happy about my purchase They do look lovely on their own, but it's difficult to match them to anything and prevent them from looking like they've been glued on. I was hoping for something that looked like a natural extension of the character.

Would anybody happen to have screenshots of their characters wearing the wings? I'd love to see them.

I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

[EDIT] Just another quick note, the wings are NOT totally black, they're a bluish / lighter grey black. I know it's really apparent in the preview, but I thought maybe it was just a lighting issue. Compared to the largos wings which are black, these range from a grey to blue black

@TheUndefined.1720 said:I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

Sadly, I had already purchased them. I am trying to make the best of what I have, and hoping that people share what works. However, it would have been nice if the wings pulled back whilst sprinting. The jump animation is fantastic, but as you mentioned: too bad about the lack of run animation. #BuyersRegret

@Uon.7491 said:

@TheUndefined.1720 said:I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

Sadly, I had already purchased them. I am trying to make the best of what I have, and hoping that people share what works. However, it would have been nice if the wings pulled back whilst sprinting. The jump animation is fantastic, but as you mentioned: too bad about the lack of run animation. #BuyersRegret

Oh geez, sorry. I had read that but still thought for some reason you didn't. I don't want to waste my one return on something like that, but boy was I tempted. Like you said, the animation is so nice! They really hit it out of the ballpark with everything except the running animation. Unfortunately, that run animation is such a huge negative. I didn't mean to take over this thank you thread with criticism, but I really want to try to get the word out to save people a little money.

Archived