Why are there so few condi amulets but so many power combos

TallBarr.2184

@Alatar.7364 said:

@TallBarr.2184 said:Give us some more options

I thought there were plenty Condi amulet stats combination since all you need to deal Condi dmg is the Condi dmg stat...

there are no amulets with concentration for example

I thought you wanted Condi dmg, not Boons.

there are no condi amulets with concentration but amulets with power and concentration

@TallBarr.2184 said:

I thought there were plenty Condi amulet stats combination since all you need to deal Condi dmg is the Condi dmg stat...

there are no condi amulets with concentration but amulets with power and concentration

Can you image what levels of brokenness would stuff like Weaver or Chrono achieve with Condi and Concentration?Like I said, all you need to deal Condi dmg is one stat, to deal strong Direct you need three stats, two to deal "meh" direct dmg.You simply can't have too many combinations for Condi, what choices you for now such as Condi + Vitality/Toughness/Power/Precision/Expertise/Ferocity/Healing Power is more than plenty for Condi.Beside none of the two Power amulets using Concentration is viable, actually not even close to useful. The only instance I can think of is Warrior wiling to spec for Resistance duration and that is already not even necessary.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Can you image what levels of brokenness would stuff like Weaver or Chrono achieve with Condi and Concentration?Like I said, all you need to deal Condi dmg is one stat, to deal strong Direct you need three stats, two to deal "meh" direct dmg.You simply can't have too many combinations for Condi, what choices you for now such as Condi + Vitality/Toughness/Power/Precision/Expertise/Ferocity/Healing Power is more than plenty for Condi.Beside none of the two Power amulets using Concentration is viable, actually not even close to useful. The only instance I can think of is Warrior wiling to spec for Resistance duration and that is already not even necessary.

Maybe mesmer/mirage needs to get nerfed then, if introducing new combos would make mesmer to strong and thats why they dont, something needs to be done about mesmer.

The> @Alatar.7364 said:

The only reason the concentration amulets aren’t useful is because they have poor stat spreads, in addition to boon duration mattering much much less in PvP than PvE due to the whole, short duration fight thing.

Also, I feel like one of the main problems with OPs thing is that if you open up the amulet filter and filter by stats, when you open up Condi, you only get like Viper and Carrion, despite the fact that there’s much more than that, they’re just clustered into the bloated abomination that is the “power” category.

Imo they just need to fix how everything’s separated, like Menders should not be considered a power amulet etc.

Like there’s currently 9 amulets that have high Condi damage, and 4 with low Condi damage, but only two of those 9 are under “Condi” amulets.

Initially condition builds were meant to be 1v1 sidenoders, with high sustain because they didn't have that much burst (condi is damage over time, remember?).

At some point in time Anet decided that it was a good idea to remove any defensive condi amulets, and pidgeonholed condi builds to burst damage because they can't have any sustain anymore.

This is why the only viable condi builds are burst builds, and only Necro and Mesmer can pull it off.

Expertise is exclusive to condition based amulets, Concentration is exclusive to power based amulets. It makes sense to me considering condi builds require only 1 stat to deal damage, leaving all other stats for defensive value, whilst power amulets require 3 stats to deal their damage so having concentration is a way for power based builds to boost defenses.

If concentration were to be put into condi amulets, you'd be seeing completely broken build structures like Bunker Soulbeasts using Moa Stance that are able to front 100% uptime of every boon in the game including quickness, while somehow still fronting a full condition stat build.

Hey, if you want to request this stuff in PvE go for it, but I just want to point out that for anyone who already questions the current pvp balance, asking for condi based amulets with concentration is only going to make things much worse.

The issue with condi damage is tied to GW2 overall design. Power damage is reliant on three attributes to be effective, power, ferocity and precision. Compare that with condi where all you need is condi damage. Granted expertise as well, but that is PvE issue and not PvP relevant what so ever. As a result condi builds used to easily maintain high toughness and HP so much easier, cuz all you need was condi damage.

SPvP devs saw that the best solution is to remove most condi with defense amulets. Know the genius doing the overall balance decedied to spread out condi duration significantly. That killed all condi based builds except mirage and scourge.

The solution in my opinion is that most condi builds beside mirage and scourge should have condi damage stack much faster but have lower duration. Particularly ones that are supposed to play as bruiser builds like condi rev.

A lot of condi stat combos such as TB were determined to be busted. Condi only needs one stat to be a threat which allows for stacking all your other stats into defense.

So instead of just nerfing condi damage in PvP ( Such as giving all classes an innate 33% condi damage reduction in WvW and sPvP ) Anet decided to remove the offending stat combos. IMO condi damage as a stat in general is probably GW2s biggest design mistake, and sadly not one that can be undone since too much of the game especially PvE relies on it. Condi bunkers have been a balance issue in PvP for a very long time. Any time a condi bunker is viable it's pretty much 100% aids and bad for the game.

And now you know why WvW meta is so broken. :bleep_bloop:

@TallBarr.2184 said:

Is there anything like that even exist? Condi and Boons? Prolly Seraph?

Archived