[Suggestion] Armor Unlock <> Weapon Unlock ?

Can we please get means to exchange Guaranteed Armor Unlocks for Weapon Unlocks or Wardrobe Unlocks?

I have 32 Guaranteed Armor Unlocks sitting in my bank and can't use them, because I have aleady unlocked all available armor skins (and the mechanics aren't smart enough to realize this and stop dropping me Guaranteed Armor Unlocks from the BLC :/ ).

It would be nice if I could turn them into something else that I can actually use.

In general I think BLC rewards should be exchangable by means of some kind of currency you could trade them for. It could be at a huge 'loss' in terms of the real value of the item you end up getting - for instance, trading one reward could give one coin and it could take 5 coins to buy an equivalent item - and I think it would still be preferable given the amount of unusable stuff people are currently getting. Personally I have no extra wardrobe unlocks, but hairstyle kits? Scads.

@Biff.5312 said:In general I think BLC rewards should be exchangable by means of some kind of currency you could trade them for. It could be at a huge 'loss' in terms of the real value of the item you end up getting - for instance, trading one reward could give one coin and it could take 5 coins to buy an equivalent item - and I think it would still be preferable given the amount of unusable stuff people are currently getting. Personally I have no extra wardrobe unlocks, but hairstyle kits? Scads.

This makes the most sense, and we already have that currency

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:They cost 30 BL statues, would trading extras back in for 1 statue be enough? Or maybe some BL ticket scraps.

Hairstyle kits seem common enough I doubt they'd let us trade them for something so valuable as statues. Maybe a couple of transmutation charges.

I feel like one should be fine, since 1 is a common drop, so you're exchanging a common/uncommon for a common that has no intrinsic value, but can be accumulated for things you might actually want.

I think the important thing is that it only be doable from the vendor in LA, not even from the statues themselves, to cut down on accidental trade ins.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Biff.5312 said:In general I think BLC rewards should be exchangable by means of some kind of currency you could trade them for. It could be at a huge 'loss' in terms of the real value of the item you end up getting - for instance, trading one reward could give one coin and it could take 5 coins to buy an equivalent item - and I think it would still be preferable given the amount of unusable stuff people are currently getting. Personally I have no extra wardrobe unlocks, but hairstyle kits? Scads.

This makes the most sense, and we already have that currency

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:They cost 30 BL statues, would trading extras back in for 1 statue be enough? Or maybe some BL ticket scraps.

Hairstyle kits seem common enough I doubt they'd let us trade them for something so valuable as statues. Maybe a couple of transmutation charges.

I feel like one should be fine, since 1 is a common drop, so you're exchanging a common/uncommon for a common that has no intrinsic value, but can be accumulated for things you might actually want.

I think the important thing is that it only be doable from the vendor in LA, not even from the statues themselves, to cut down on accidental trade ins.

I would say increase it from 1 to 5, so one sixth the actual cost and i wouldnt have any arguments and extend it to all the other drops that drop from chests. The merchant in LA i fully agree with.

@Glider.5792 said:Just keep them until the next update, once unlocks get updated, use them instantly.

I can't ever use them. They only unlock regular armor sets of rare quality and below. There are none of those being added to the game.

@Zeefa.3915 said:Thats actually a valid problem... being completely unable to use items you get from something you may have paid real money for.

:+1:

Not entirely sure what kind of exchange I'd prefer... but either way some sort of solution would be nice.

Agreed. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:I can't ever use them. They only unlock regular armor sets of rare quality and below. There are none of those being added to the game.

Not realy. Every gemstore outfit/armor skin is inside the wardrobe. Sooo next time the unlocks are updated, the armor unlock will be able to unlock those new Zephyrite headpieces, the new horn headpiece etc....

I got the same problem with the hairstyle kits. I have perma hairstyle kit and the last time I used my keys I got like 20 hairstyle kits, it was insane.. I sent a ticket complaining about it because it was really a waste that I can't do anything with them, they send me 5 bl keys as compensation.

They should really let us exchange the kits and other bl things for statuettes at least.

@Ana.2415 said:I got the same problem with the hairstyle kits. I have perma hairstyle kit [...]

Well, that is not exactly the same problem. I, too, have permanant/unlimited tools in my shared slots and don't need their one-time use versions, yet still get tons of those.

This is about an item that I cannot use. I click on it and it tells me that I can't, you see? It is 100% useless and unusable to me.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Can we please get means to exchange Guaranteed Armor Unlocks for Weapon Unlocks or Wardrobe Unlocks?

I have 32 Guaranteed Armor Unlocks sitting in my bank and can't use them, because I have aleady unlocked all available armor skins (and the mechanics aren't smart enough to realize this and stop dropping me Guaranteed Armor Unlocks from the BLC :/ ).

It would be nice if I could turn them into something else that I can actually use.

They should let you change them for Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlocks.

@Lonami.2987 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Can we please get means to exchange Guaranteed Armor Unlocks for Weapon Unlocks or Wardrobe Unlocks?

They should you change them for

Actualy ye, this makes most sense honestly.

@"Ana.2415" said:I got the same problem with the hairstyle kits. I have perma hairstyle kit and the last time I used my keys I got like 20 hairstyle kits, it was insane.. I sent a ticket complaining about it because it was really a waste that I can't do anything with them, they send me 5 bl keys as compensation.

They should really let us exchange the kits and other bl things for statuettes at least.

I had a similar issue. 4-5 hair kits, contacted Support because I already have the contract. Support kindly refunded me keys for them, which is super cool, but it was also pretty much my "one time" of a complimentary service. I also have a merchant contract in a shared slot, so all those freebie ones are useless to me. Feels bad, man.

Being able to turn in BLC and other items in for statuettes would be great.

It'd be ambitious to have a full-fledged Black Lion Exchange (ooh, or maybe a Consortium Consignment shop...) where we get to take these items we're overloaded on and put them on a market like the Trading Post, but for gems. Got a billion transmutation charges from PvP but don't change your look that often? Sell to the mob that changes their look every week and spams town exploration to get them. Some of those outfits losing their luster? Unbind them from your account, get the item, and sell them to someone who might want them.But, that'd be a huge undertaking and have broad economic impact, sooo.. just the items-to-statuettes thing would be suitable for now.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Glider.5792 said:Just keep them until the next update, once unlocks get updated, use them instantly.

I can't ever use them. They only unlock regular armor sets of rare quality and below. There are none of those being added to the game.

~snip~

Interesting, since the ones I've used have unlocked some of the Exotic armor skins available...are you 100% sure it only unlocks skins or Rare or lesser quality?

I can't imagine that there are all that many people who have unlocked all the armor skins. If you're in that group, ask the support team if they'll make an exchange for you. If you graciously explain why, offer to delete e.g. 32 armor unlocks for 16 or 8 weapon unlocks, I suspect that there will be some team lead who will realize that (a) it won't be a unique request, (b) it's probably reasonable, and © the team should be able to figure out some way to accommodate the player(s).

Especially since it's likely that nearly all such players are heavy cash purchasers of gems. (ANet's policy might be to treat everyone the same, whether they spent US$1000 or nothing, but accommodating an exchange request could & would be applied equally to everyone.)

I realize I'm an extreme edge case, but I have nothing left to unlock. The last time unlocks were updated, I think I was able to use 7. So I'm acquiring unlocks at a far faster pace than things to actually unlock because I am trying for some of the other BLC-only items and inevitably get ever more unlocks. I recently hit a milestone of a full stack of (currently) completely useless unlocks. Not even counting the armor/weapon specific ones, I've a bunch of them too.

So some sort of exchange system, or a dramatic increase in the number of available items to unlock, or the ability to immediately "reroll" them for another BLC item if they aren't usable (similar to when you got two keys when you hit a duplicate rare drop) would be helpful. I would like it to be applicable and equitable to everyone though.

Even if they threw open the gates and allowed absolutely everything to be unlocked with these...that's still large enough a pool I couldn't obtain them all by a wide margin -- I've about 1300 skins to go. And everyone could get some really nice skins by pure chance.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Interesting, since the ones I've used have unlocked some of the Exotic armor skins available...are you 100% sure it only unlocks skins or Rare or lesser quality?

I'm not sure I but think there are some exotics in the wardrobe unlock list. One really odd inclusion is the Hellfire Cuirass, which is normally only obtainable by a massive amount of achievement points (30k or 36k). I don't wear that one much because those who acquired it the harder way get noticeably distressed, and rightly so, when they see me with it.

@Deimos.4263 said:

I'm not sure I but think there are some exotics in the wardrobe unlock list. One really odd inclusion is the Hellfire Cuirass, which is normally only obtainable by a massive amount of achievement points (30k or 36k). I don't wear that one much because those who acquired it the harder way get noticeably distressed, and rightly so, when they see me with it.

Hellfire Cuirass is still in there ? If it is its a bug and should be reported. AFAIK it was a bug and was fixed ages ago.

@Glider.5792 said:Hellfire Cuirass is still in there ? If it is its a bug and should be reported. AFAIK it was a bug and was fixed ages ago.Well it may well have been patched and no longer an unlock option but the wiki still lists it as an available unlock, and it's still present in my wardrobe. I don't know if I'd call it a bug but it certainly is a curious exception. Perhaps they don't want to remove it from those who did unlock it already?

If someone wishes to report it as a bug, go ahead, the devs can make that determination and I won't lose sleep over it either way. I just hope I don't get yet another wardrobe unlock refunded!

Archived