believe it or not, the ability to color underwear would be useful.

zoobmer.2345

I make sure my entire outfit is the same colors: teal/turquoise for the top row of colors, and magenta/violet for the bottom row. yet if my chest piece or leg piece ever break, I'm stuck with a random bit of yellow where the underwear is. there are two possible solutions to this mess:

1. add an option to add a single solid color to my underwear. that way, I can have shadow turquoise underwear which does not clash with the rest of my outfit, in the event my armor breaks. this option is preferred.
  2. make all underwear a neutral color, such as black or white. the color yellow simply clashes with outfits far too easily. this is viable a solution if the devs consider coloring underwear to be inappropriate for the game.

I'm posting this here hoping devs see it and make the change.

Always bring a repair canister with you.

Or don't break your armor in the first place and l2play! (Just joking! I, myself, found my characters in underwear more than once and found it hilarious... You know they fought all they could when they're left naked, lol. Ok, it was less hilarious at the end of a 1 hour living story mission... That I did not want to restart...).

It'd be funny to have underwear with hearts or kittens. So much for our epic commanders!

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:Always bring a repair canister with you.

Or don't break your armor in the first place and l2play! (Just joking! I, myself, found my characters in underwear more than once and found it hilarious... You know they fought all they could when they're left naked, lol. Ok, it was less hilarious at the end of a 1 hour living story mission... That I did not want to restart...).

It'd be funny to have underwear with hearts or kittens. So much for our epic commanders!

So what you're saying is cats aren't epic? D:

@Umadusa.5874 said:Nude panties plz. Thanx

Even if someone tried, you'd have to be in low graphics for it to look plausable. Nude is very difficult to get in this game, since skin and armour textures react differently to lighting.

I wouldn't mind some different underwear colours though - especially while swimming or hanging out in one of the many hotpools around Tyria.

I think that the main concern here for ArenaNet is probably the amount of people that will have their characters run around in underwear color-matched to their skin color. As much as that thought excites some people, I have this feeling that a game with Teen rating is not likely to get that option.

@zoobmer.2345 said:I make sure my entire outfit is the same colors: teal/turquoise for the top row of colors, and magenta/violet for the bottom row. yet if my chest piece or leg piece ever break, I'm stuck with a random bit of yellow where the underwear is. there are two possible solutions to this mess:

• add an option to add a single solid color to my underwear. that way, I can have shadow turquoise underwear which does not clash with the rest of my outfit, in the event my armor breaks. this option is preferred.
  • make all underwear a neutral color, such as black or white. the color yellow simply clashes with outfits far too easily. this is viable a solution if the devs consider coloring underwear to be inappropriate for the game.

While I concur the option to change color would be great, IMO the far more achievable solution to your problem is to simply dye all your outfits yellow...

@"Gehenna.3625" said:I think that the main concern here for ArenaNet is probably the amount of people that will have their characters run around in underwear color-matched to their skin color. As much as that thought excites some people, I have this feeling that a game with Teen rating is not likely to get that option.

SWTOR has a Teen rating, too. They have an armour set called "Basic Women's Underwear" with (sports) bra and (granny) panties, by default in grey (there's also a men's version, with just a pair of trunks). However, they are dyeable, and you can therefore put them on a Rattataki female and dye them white/white.

Result?2RjRKag.jpg

Up close like this it's easy to see that she's not truly naked, but it's harder to see at a distance.

@"zoobmer.2345" said:I make sure my entire outfit is the same colors: teal/turquoise for the top row of colors, and magenta/violet for the bottom row. yet if my chest piece or leg piece ever break, I'm stuck with a random bit of yellow where the underwear is. there are two possible solutions to this mess:

1. add an option to add a single solid color to my underwear. that way, I can have shadow turquoise underwear which does not clash with the rest of my outfit, in the event my armor breaks. this option is preferred.
  2. make all underwear a neutral color, such as black or white. the color yellow simply clashes with outfits far too easily. this is viable a solution if the devs consider coloring underwear to be inappropriate for the game.

Surely having them in a contrasting (clashing, even) colour is a good thing? So they stand out immediately? And no, it isn't automatically going to contrast (in colour) heavily with the rest of the character's outfit. I have at least a couple of human females who wear largely yellow armour, although it's usually a yellow on the orange-brown end rather than on the "bright lemon" end of yellow.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Gehenna.3625" said:I think that the main concern here for ArenaNet is probably the amount of people that will have their characters run around in underwear color-matched to their skin color. As much as that thought excites some people, I have this feeling that a game with Teen rating is not likely to get that option.

SWTOR has a Teen rating, too. They have an armour set called "Basic Women's Underwear" with (sports) bra and (granny) panties, by default in grey (there's also a men's version, with just a pair of trunks). However, they are dyeable, and you can therefore put them on a Rattataki female and dye them white/white.

Result?
2RjRKag.jpg

Up close like this it's easy to see that she's not truly naked, but it's harder to see at a distance.

I think that depends also on your graphics settings but you do have to have a Rattataki to make that work and the underwear is indeed not sexy underwear in any way. Oh and I know SWTOR very well, including the fact that white/white dye traditionally has been one of the more expensive dyes. What SWTOR does not have is an extensive dying system like GW2 and if you've noticed they've made sure to avoid certainly color combination options in game.

Also BioWare is a bit more loose than ArenaNet. You see that already in their forum moderation. I sometimes am surprised what to have gotten warnings for here because I wouldn't there. That's not to be negative about the moderation, just indicating that GW2 and SWTOR have a different way of dealing with certain things in that respect.

The underwear here with the dye options here, I can imagine, would lead to much more of that sort of thing. I may be wrong of course but that's what my gut feeling is about this.

@Kako.1930 said:

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:Always bring a repair canister with you.

So what you're saying is cats aren't epic? D:

Er, no, it's just funny to see a hero wearing silly boxers! XD

Archived