Need help with Hazardous Environment

Mira.3681

Oh, gosh, not sure why I can't progress with this one.

Returning player, having fun with my Asura Necro, but on the part of this questline where I go to the Applied Development Lab (think that's the name) after infiltrating an area , Zojja is not there. I have left the instance and gone back several times, no luck. Am I doing something wrong? Quest says meet up with Zojja in Rata Sum, but the quest marker shows the "star" at the portal to Applied Developmental Lab. Once I go there, no Zojja. Also, it doesn't show me a "leave intance" option which seems a bit off. Thanks for any help

@"Mira.3681" said:sorry, that just seems a bit messed up that something like that is required ... really?

That is not something that's needed often, but occasionally, some file has been damaged and the game doesn't recognize it.

Other than that -Are you alone or with another player?You're looking "inside" the lab, where the representatives usually stand iirc?

@"rng.1024" said:There's a difference between simply entering the home instance via portal vs standing close to the portal under the green story star pressing "Enter story instance". Make sure you do the latter and Zojja should appear.

Have you verified this yourself?You never actually go through a portal to the home instance - walking up to it triggers a Enter Instance prompt. I don't think I've ever "missed" a story instance in HI.

Technically, the HI is always a story instance - notice how everyone sees the instance owners current story step, no matter what step that is.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"rng.1024" said:There's a difference between simply entering the home instance via portal vs standing close to the portal under the green story star pressing "Enter story instance". Make sure you do the latter and Zojja should appear.

Have you verified this yourself?You never actually go through a portal to the home instance - walking up to it triggers a Enter Instance prompt. I don't think I've ever "missed" a story instance in HI.

Technically, the HI is
always
a story instance - notice how
everyone
sees the instance owners current story step, no matter what step that is.

Yeah, but instead of jumping to the conclusion that something must be fundamentally wrong in the game files over a much more likely cause makes no sense.

These things are more often than not caused by skipping steps required to progress the story, like reading mails, portal stones or simple stall bugs that sometimes pop up.

If the OP say disabled the core story inbetween trying, they wouldn't progress anything within the home instance. Which is why I suggested to look for what the UI actually tells you.

However if there is no "leave instance" prompt this indicates the HI was entered as a story step (it shows on completion in story steps), but the stall occured after - and this can be for many reasons. If the npc's are there talking to one might move the stall along if prioritized, or move to the middle of the lab (usually disables "npc chatter". To the OP they are supposed to be standing across the open field, and inside the hall to the left from the entrance portal btw. Not even sure this is supposed to be instanced.

Just make sure the story is active, restart the game and follow the star. Make sure it says "Do you want to continue your story?" something right under the star, if not enter anyways. Search every nook and cranny for anything out of the ordinary - no exit instance button means they should be there.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Technically, the HI is
always
a story instance - notice how
everyone
sees the instance owners current story step, no matter what step that is.

I've made that exact mistake with the human home instance while doing the weekly key farm. Ran in, wondered why the the orphanage was not on fire then realized my mistake.

The popup you trigger depends on where you are standing and they can be very close together.

Archived