Berserker bp, cleansing ire, and adrenal health

Blargo the Great.6704

The change to berserker primal bursts continues to be felt. They were changed to be more in line with spellbreaker skills only giving one stack as well, but spellbreaker can spam burst skills to a much greater degree than even berserker. In pve it is impossible to keep up 3 stacks of berserker's power for any length of time without weapon swapping which defeats the purpose of ps warrior anyway. Spellbreaker can do 1 burst, followed by counter, then another of the same burst in quick succession. 3 bursts without swapping weapons vs a berserker's 2 and it takes using an extra dps oriented heal skill. In wvw this has destroyed berserker sustain and something needs to be done about it. It takes 3 full adrenaline bars to go into berserk mode so I feel like that needs to count as using a lvl 3 burst skill for the sake of these traits, and the duration of stacks of berserker's power need to last longer. Either that or adding a stack of adrenal health/bp should refresh the duration of current stacks. I feel that change would accomplish the goal of making warriors want to use lower level burst skills more often as it would quickly build up to lvl 3 and could be maintained more easily. Otherwise this change that was meant to be more consistent ended up a heavy handed nerf to a spec in pve, pvp, and wvw that was already under performing vs the condi spec that doesn't utilize these traits outside of pvp/wvw.

@Strages.2950 said:I've completely stopped using Berserker in WvW roaming because of this. Forced to go core warrior simply because the sustain in berserker is shot, particularly in a condi meta where Berserker, while it has resistance, has no no on-demand clears/transfers.

I've done the same, berserker sustain just isn't there anymore.

i was just about to make pretty much this exact thread, i've been forced to drop berserker completely,it was a TERRIBLE decision to make primal burst count as 1 bar of adrenaline.

for my tanky warrior if i use berserker i go from 443 healing per second (and 3 cleanses) to 147 and 1 cleanse...for my damage warrior if i use berserker i go from having a 20% damage bonus to a 7% damage bonus...

please Anet revert the change, it makes one of my favourite elites absolutely horrible.though i have my suspicions that you've deliberately ruined it in order to sell spellbreaker...much like when HoT came and elite specs were vastly superior, you needed to ruin the elite to sell us the replacement.

A flaw I see in the traits, is that you have to hit a target with the burst skill to get the trait to proc. If you miss at all you don't get any benefit and you lose all your adrenaline. I can understand that for adrenal health but with cleansing ire it's a killer.

@Tres.9207 said:A flaw I see in the traits, is that you have to hit a target with the burst skill to get the trait to proc. If you miss at all you don't get any benefit and you lose all your adrenaline. I can understand that for adrenal health but with cleansing ire it's a killer.

if you aren't hitting your bursts, you don't deserve to be rewarded for itlongbow should be put in line with other bursts so it doesn't autoproc when you cast it

@Scorci.3250 said:if you aren't hitting your bursts, you don't deserve to be rewarded for itlongbow should be put in line with other bursts so it doesn't autoproc when you cast it

It's an unfixable problem that has to do with the skill being ground targeted, afaik. Also, it doesn't autoproc when cast, but when it hits the ground. It's the reason why you won't gain the benefit if the burst gets reflected or blocked (which can actually happen).

@Scorci.3250 said:

@Tres.9207 said:A flaw I see in the traits, is that you have to hit a target with the burst skill to get the trait to proc. If you miss at all you don't get any benefit and you lose all your adrenaline. I can understand that for adrenal health but with cleansing ire it's a killer.

if you aren't hitting your bursts, you don't deserve to be rewarded for itlongbow should be put in line with other bursts so it doesn't autoproc when you cast it

I agree, all though there is little reason to even focus on hitting them with the actual benefits of doing so getting cut down by 2/3 of their value.

@Henry.5713 said:

@Scorci.3250 said:

I agree, all though there is little reason to even focus on hitting them with the actual benefits of doing so getting cut down by 2/3 of their value.

except the fact that bursts are key to any warrior burst damage combo? the value of bursts (100x as a berserker) is punishing someone and being rewarded for it, and since a core warrior can benefit more from this kind of playstyle defensively, berserker is put in the trash can because of the nerf because they can't even get close to the amount of sustain a core warrior can. the trade off of more damage for way less consistant sustain is super punishing due to the defensive abilities of the classes

man i fear for scourge. honestly if only cleansing ire wasn't touched i'd kinda let this pass. honestly in wvw fighting full dire/bunker condi mesmer became even harder then it already was. The speed at which condis are thrown in combination with all the blocks, teleports and invulnerability and adreline build up in core warrior make it incredibly hard so u are forced spamming arc dividers to no avail. I just hope a-net does a fix to deal with condis.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:man i fear for scourge. honestly if only cleansing ire wasn't touched i'd kinda let this pass. honestly in wvw fighting full dire/bunker condi mesmer became even harder then it already was. The speed at which condis are thrown in combination with all the blocks, teleports and invulnerability and adreline build up in core warrior make it incredibly hard so u are forced spamming arc dividers to no avail. I just hope a-net does a fix to deal with condis.

What mode are you playing in and what condi management do you have going besides Cleansing Ire?

I ask because I basically rely on Hoelbrak Runes, Berserker Stance, Healing Signet (both passive and active), Brawlers Recovery, Shield Stance, copious dodge rolls, and high damage pressure when roaming in wvw, and I'm finding condis to be less of a problem than I have before. s.

I mainly used Strength Runes until a couple of months ago, and switching to Hoelbrak made a big difference for me. I also have a stack of Saffron Bread in case things get really ugly, but I've only used it four times (I.e. 2 hours worth) since switching runes.

Full disclosure, I'm running core, which means I'll almost certainly have better mitigation through AN than your Berserker build, but then you can clear to extra condis upon going Berserk.

Back to the question, what mitigations do you have besides Cleansing Ire?

Yes I like the idea of 3 stacks of trait buffs on activating Berserk.It's quite annoying to burn 30 adrenaline to unleash the rage-face, go full blown super-saiyan for... a single stack. Bit of a damp squib that. Now, instead of manifesting a countenance of murderous rage, our face impotently manifests its anger as a single perilously raised eyebrow, under which trembles a solitary, quivering eyeball.It's enough to make me reconsider the name of the Always Angry buff to something a little more appropriate in these times of diminished passion. Perhaps it should be...Always Mildly Irritated or...Always A Little Bit Miffed or...Always Somewhat Peeved Old Chap or...Always A Tad Passive-Aggressive or...Always Horse Tranquillised...... anyway, my gran gets more angry at the TV than my berserker does at sworn enemies. I might have to retire to a Zen monastery if this keeps up.

Archived