Deadeye is balanced for roaming ! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Deadeye is balanced for roaming !

Having invisibility on evade...
Unblockable skills which one shot...
Ability to instantly out of combat...
Completely balanced and fair gameplay, change my mind.

Comments

  • Ohhhhhman I also for got to mention the elite evade skills dagger storm silly me, the most balanced of all thief elites 😘

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Deadeye doesn't use Dagger Storm.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • And dont forget about all the other people who constantly want thief to become magician that will increase your rofl

  • Oh doesn’t it, ah you must be right, all those dead eyes I see using dagger storm when you catch them whilst they wait for their initiative to come back to spam rifle port evade must just all be in my imagination, thankyou for this xxxx

  • @Jack Redline.5379 said:
    And dont forget about all the other people who constantly want thief to become magician that will increase your rofl

    Fancy explaining what you’re saying here 😂

  • Riko.9214Riko.9214 Member ✭✭

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Ohhhhhman I also for got to mention the elite evade skills dagger storm silly me, the most balanced of all thief elites 😘

    Best thing to use on DE for sure. Who needs SM? Especially since there are no things that hit through evade.
    /sarcasm

  • @Riko.9214 said:

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Ohhhhhman I also for got to mention the elite evade skills dagger storm silly me, the most balanced of all thief elites 😘

    Best thing to use on DE for sure. Who needs SM? Especially since there are no things that hit through evade.
    /sarcasm

    Right because the odds of hitting a stun aura or walking into a staff 5 /hammer 5 line are extremely common and not somthing you’d take into account in a fight at all....
    Your argument that it isn’t broken is based on somthing might happen 😂
    Well yes in that case deadeye is useless because a full zero soulbeast might six em + bow 2 then for instant 20 k and they’re dead, my kind is changed gg

  • Riko.9214Riko.9214 Member ✭✭

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:

    @Riko.9214 said:

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Ohhhhhman I also for got to mention the elite evade skills dagger storm silly me, the most balanced of all thief elites 😘

    Best thing to use on DE for sure. Who needs SM? Especially since there are no things that hit through evade.
    /sarcasm

    Right because the odds of hitting a stun aura or walking into a staff 5 /hammer 5 line are extremely common and not somthing you’d take into account in a fight at all....
    Your argument that it isn’t broken is based on somthing might happen 😂
    Well yes in that case deadeye is useless because a full zero soulbeast might six em + bow 2 then for instant 20 k and they’re dead, my kind is changed gg

    Oh I forgot that thief can run while using DS and not stack on place while being superslow target that can not dash away.

    Surely a good point to pick DS over SM, who needs the reveal removal?

  • @Riko.9214 said:

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:

    @Riko.9214 said:

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Ohhhhhman I also for got to mention the elite evade skills dagger storm silly me, the most balanced of all thief elites 😘

    Best thing to use on DE for sure. Who needs SM? Especially since there are no things that hit through evade.
    /sarcasm

    Right because the odds of hitting a stun aura or walking into a staff 5 /hammer 5 line are extremely common and not somthing you’d take into account in a fight at all....
    Your argument that it isn’t broken is based on somthing might happen 😂
    Well yes in that case deadeye is useless because a full zero soulbeast might six em + bow 2 then for instant 20 k and they’re dead, my kind is changed gg

    Oh I forgot that thief can run while using DS and not stack on place while being superslow target that can not dash away.

    Surely a good point to pick DS over SM, who needs the reveal removal?

    Both are really strong 🤷🏽‍♂️ What’re we even arguing about here,
    My point is deadeye needs fixing...

  • Deadeye needs a nerf. This perma stealthing unstoppable spec doing 12k-14k unblockable shots is silly. I ran around with this spec the past few nights and it's broken as hell.

    Does Anet even play WvW?

  • @EvilSardine.9635 said:
    Deadeye needs a nerf. This perma stealthing unstoppable spec doing 12k-14k unblockable shots is silly. I ran around with this spec the past few nights and it's broken as hell.

    Does Anet even play WvW?

    They didn’t test this trait with deadeye clearly :)
    And, bare In mind Anet has no good players so even if they do test somthing, it’s true potential will not be apparent, guarantee they only run what is on metabattle to test things.

  • @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:

    @Jack Redline.5379 said:
    And dont forget about all the other people who constantly want thief to become magician that will increase your rofl

    Fancy explaining what you’re saying here 😂

    Oh brother thief there is cancer spreading in the lines of thieves. There are people mixing thieves with deadeyes and calling us magicians and they want next espec to be some sort of shadow magician. as if deadeye didnt do enough damage already. they want us to become magicians. END TIMES HAS COME!!!!!

    also yea DE is broken AF i agree with all said above. if it was on me i would delete all pof elites and replaced them with buffs to core and hot elites.

  • kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2018

    We could do without dodge to stealth. If you're being one shot, their stats are for one shotting, and your stats and build are for getting one shot and so you're also likely built to one shot yourself and if you're not, what are you doing out there? If we reduce or replace dodge to stealth, which I'm fine with, then they're not likely taking Dagger Storm in which case you'll have more to cry about.

    Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

  • So many deadeyes atm in WvW it feels like im playing Call Of Duty ... i wonder why ? ........... just another "good balance patch" from a net .... well done guys ....

  • @kash.9213 said:
    We could do without dodge to stealth. If you're being one shot, their stats are for one shotting, and your stats and build are for getting one shot and so you're also likely built to one shot yourself and if you're not, what are you doing out there? If we reduce or replace dodge to stealth, which I'm fine with, then they're not likely taking Dagger Storm in which case you'll have more to cry about.

    Erm why would I cry ?
    And I’m not crying as it is, I’m voicing the majority...
    If they remove stealth on dodge I’m happy, I’m not that bothered about dagger storm, it was just mentioned.

  • @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:

    @kash.9213 said:
    We could do without dodge to stealth. If you're being one shot, their stats are for one shotting, and your stats and build are for getting one shot and so you're also likely built to one shot yourself and if you're not, what are you doing out there? If we reduce or replace dodge to stealth, which I'm fine with, then they're not likely taking Dagger Storm in which case you'll have more to cry about.

    Erm why would I cry ?
    And I’m not crying as it is, I’m voicing the majority...
    If they remove stealth on dodge I’m happy, I’m not that bothered about dagger storm, it was just mentioned.

    And when I say one shot
    I tend to roam duo and engage 2v3+
    When I’m one shot I’m typically already below 80% due to the current fight.

  • I think most serious players stopped reading the thread after the suggestion that any DE is running around without Shadow Meld on their bar.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Do you stream or record any of your gameplay? I'm sure some people in here could give you advise on what you may or may not be doing in these encounters. Also post your build. We need to better understand the difficulties you are having in dealing with deadeyes.

  • TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭

    @DemonSeed.3528 said:

    Do you stream or record any of your gameplay? I'm sure some people in here could give you advise on what you may or may not be doing in these encounters. Also post your build. We need to better understand the difficulties you are having in dealing with deadeyes.

    I think these people at just need to go on twitch and watch those pro gamers play.

    Vallun posted a vid yesterday. He killed 2 deadeyes thief and ranger just using sword dagger.

  • @TorQ.7041 said:

    @DemonSeed.3528 said:

    Do you stream or record any of your gameplay? I'm sure some people in here could give you advise on what you may or may not be doing in these encounters. Also post your build. We need to better understand the difficulties you are having in dealing with deadeyes.

    I think these people at just need to go on twitch and watch those pro gamers play.

    Vallun posted a vid yesterday. He killed 2 deadeyes thief and ranger just using sword dagger.

    That’s great, situational and great I’m
    Sure if I post a video of me doing the same it means that it’s easy not that he’s picked the best bits out, and if he won a 1v 3 the 3 were TRASHnothing more.

  • TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:

    @TorQ.7041 said:

    @DemonSeed.3528 said:

    Do you stream or record any of your gameplay? I'm sure some people in here could give you advise on what you may or may not be doing in these encounters. Also post your build. We need to better understand the difficulties you are having in dealing with deadeyes.

    I think these people at just need to go on twitch and watch those pro gamers play.

    Vallun posted a vid yesterday. He killed 2 deadeyes thief and ranger just using sword dagger.

    That’s great, situational and great I’m
    Sure if I post a video of me doing the same it means that it’s easy not that he’s picked the best bits out, and if he won a 1v 3 the 3 were TRASHnothing more.

    Not really. He live streams. So it's not really picking the best bits since u see everything.

    I also have zero problems with deadeye. I win 50% of the time. I play guard, rev, Holo, core thief and don't find it impossible to win. If you keep dying to the same thing over and over and other people don't... Then the problem isn't really with balance... Esp after the October nerd. When they can no longer spam skill 3, 3 round burst.

  • Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2018

    LoL. Of course DE is broken OP for the very nieche of "oneshotting someone from stealth in PvE gear". Last week I tried giving WvWvW a go after like 2 years, so I logged on my DE, got on a map, lurked around in stealth for 6-8 minutes achiveing absolutely nothing(what a fun gamemode to play, I could have done an entire match in ranked in that time).
    But finally I came across some enemy, and as I downed him STONEMIST CASTLE INSTANTLY SWAPPED TO OUR TEAM!
    It wasn't over though, his buddy appeared at a distance running to rez him, only to get downed by me CAUSING ALL OUR TOWERS TO UPGRADE TO T3.

    By the way the enemy zerg appeared, rezzed both of my kills in 2 seconds and went on to tear our garrison down. DE needs nerf.

  • I never understood why Anet thought it was a good idea to give the ability to perma stealth on demand to a profession in MMORPG with PvP contents in it.

  • Deadeye fantasy is based around beeing a sniper ... is ok to have high range high damage .... but not when u get close to him he will dodge and stealth and evade like its ultra instinct goku ....

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EvilSardine.9635 said:
    Deadeye needs a nerf. This perma stealthing unstoppable spec doing 12k-14k unblockable shots is silly. I ran around with this spec the past few nights and it's broken as hell.

    Does Anet even play WvW?

    As in seriously play it? Doubtful. Holo is even more absurd and Spellbreaker is up there too. Almost none of the sPvP nerfs have made it to WvW and dodge food is responsible for breaking mirage and holo more than anything.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

  • bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

    Everything is broken in wvw. No balancing around it whatsoever

    www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

  • @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Oh doesn’t it, ah you must be right, all those dead eyes I see using dagger storm when you catch them whilst they wait for their initiative to come back to spam rifle port evade must just all be in my imagination, thankyou for this xxxx

    If they are using DS, they are not using Shadow meld, which means they can't clear reveal, which means it should be chump change easy to catch them and wreck them.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like how Deadeye is taking all the heat for the issues the entire class has xD

    Have fun playing against the tons of Daredevils when people in your tier catch up to how broken it is

    Proud member of [FIRE] on RoF "... since day 1!"
    Infraction Farmer Extraordinaire & Leader of the Big Beautiful Choya

  • @Blocki.4931 said:
    I like how Deadeye is taking all the heat for the issues the entire class has xD

    Have fun playing against the tons of Daredevils when people in your tier catch up to how broken it is

    You can't even run away from a Daredevil

  • Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭

    @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Having invisibility on evade...
    Unblockable skills which one shot...
    Ability to instantly out of combat...
    Completely balanced and fair gameplay, change my mind.

    The entire POINT of Deadeye is roaming, so yes, they're going to be good at it. Boost yourself a Thief up and see how useful you are in large fights/zergs.

  • It's funny how often people complain about thief. When you are an assassin like class yes you do a lot of single target damage. So yes thief is good in WvW and PvP even if DE is not that good in PvP.
    Anyway I don't think DE is OP in WvW, of course if you fight against good DE it will look OP but it's the same with Mesmer, Guardian, Warrior, Holo and maybe all the class in the game.
    DE is bad at AOE damage, so farming in PvE with DE (like for exemple Halloween event) is not good if you need to tag every target really fast. The only option is Shortbow which deals low damage. My point is DE has to be good in something, the theme is Sniper so yes it's a deadly long range class that try to always hide himself otherwise if he gets caught he is dead.
    As someone already say before. The main problem with thief has already been identified : the initiative system. It makes skill spammable.

  • @Trepidation Lost.3469 said:
    Ability to instantly out of combat...

    Curious, how does one instantly get out of combat with deadeye? I've only ever been able to get stuck in combat mode for minutes at a time even when there's nothing trying to kill me. Granted I'm still fairly new-ish to deadeye or the thief class in general. I think this knowledge would be greatly helpful, thanks.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.