Elite Spec Suggestion: Bone Dancer (Shield off-hand)

EremiteAngel.9765

Bone Dancer Release Notes:

Through the in-depth studies of corpses, Necromancers have gained the knowledge of preserving the bones of the deceased and absorbed them as part of their repertoire. Encased in an armor of bones, the Bone Dancer is able to wield the bones both defensively and offensively, becoming an unstoppable bone storm on the battlefield. Specializing in the ability to immobilize and bleed foes, the Bone Dancer is a gruesome sight to behold.

Elite Weapon: Shield off-hand

• Skill 1: Bone Shield
    1. Gain a shield of bones that grants a permanent 4K 'HP barrier' in combat and 1 stack of stability, retaliation and protection for 8 seconds.
    2. Instant cast and breaks stun.
    3. CD of 20 seconds.
    4. This 4K 'HP Barrier' can be stacked to a maximum of 8K 'HP Barrier' while in combat if it is not depleted by re-casting the skill after CD.
    5. Cannot be affected by other Necromancers using the same skill.
  • Skill 2: Bone Maiden
    1. Immobilize your foe in a Bone Prison for 4 seconds.
    2. Does damage and applies 2 stack of bleeds every second
    3. The prison crumbles automatically after the timer.
    4. Unblockable
    5. Casting range of 900
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 25 seconds
    8. The prison has 4K HP and can be broken by foes who attack it.
    9. Attacks on it cannot crit.

Elite Utilities: Meditation category

• Healing: Bone Nourishment

1. Base heal of 5K HP
    2. Tear the bones out of foes struck and absorb them for Increased healing of 1K HP and 1K Shroud per foe struck, up to a max of 5 foes
    3. Aoe Radius of 600
    4. Cast time of 0.5 seconds
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 1: Bone Chains

1. Tether up to 3 foes with chains of bone and siphon HP and gain shroud every second for 5 seconds
    2. Does damage and 3 stack of bleeds per second and reveals stealth foes
    3. If your foes move beyond 600 range, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and a further 2 stack of bleeds
    4. Cast time of 1 second
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Utility 2: Bone Wall

1. Summon a wall of bones that rises from the ground and prevents foes from crossing for 8 seconds
    2. Absorbs range attacks and converts it into Lifeforce
    3. Can be broken by melee attacks
    4. Has a HP of 12K
    5. Attacks on it cannot crit.
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 30 seconds
  • Utility 3: Bone Stake

1. Conjure a bone stake out of thin air to impale your foe that stuns for 2 seconds and immobilizes for 4 seconds
    2. Does damage and applies 10 stack of bleeds
    3. Casting range of 1200
    4. Cast time of 0.5 second
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 4: Bone Stimulant

1. Strengthen your bones for a period of time, gaining 10 seconds of swiftness, protection, resistance and stability
    2. Instant cast and breaks stun
    3. CD of 30 seconds
  • Elite Skill: Bone Storm

1. Transform into a Swirling Bone Storm for 10 seconds
    2. Grants pulsing 2 stack of stability and increased HP of 10K
    3. Does damage and applies 4 stack of bleeds and 1 second of immobilize in a 600 AOE radius per second
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    5. Cast time of 1.5 second
    6. CD of 60 seconds

Elite class mechanic: Bone Shroud

Become encased in an armor of bones that becomes an extension of the Necromancer's body, extending its reach.Replaces weapon skills and prevents utilities from use.

• Shroud skill 1: Bone Lances
    1. Bone lances replaces the arms and lengthen the range of auto attack to 750
    2. Does damage and 2 stack of bleeds per hit
  • Shroud skill 2: Bone Rush
    1. Transform into a swirling storm of bones and teleport to your foe
    2. Instant cast
    3. Immobilize on hit for 2 seconds
    4. Does damage and 4 stack of bleeds
    5. Range of 1200
    6. CD of 10 seconds
  • Shroud skill 3: Bone Mist
    1. Release an AOE acidic mist around you causing the bones of your foes to decay
    2. Does damage and applies 3 stacks of poison
    3. Converts up to 3 boons to conditions
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    5. AOE radius of 450
    6. Instant cast
    7. CD of 16 seconds
  • Shroud skill 4: Bone Missiles
    1. Fire shards of bones at your foes in a conical radius in front of you for 3 seconds
    2. Range of 900
    3. Does damage and applies 2 stack of bleeds per hit
    4. Cast time channeling of 3 seconds
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Shroud skill 5: Bone Nova
    1. Erupt in an explosion of bones, dealing additional damage for every percentage of shroud missing
    2. Does damage and applies 8 stacks of bleed
    3. Immobilizes foes hit for 3 seconds
    4. Affects up to 10 foes
    5. AOE radius of 1200
    6. Cast time of 1 seconds
    7. CD of 35 seconds

Elite Traits:

• Minor Proficiency: You can now wield a shield
  • Minor Adept: Death shroud is replaced with Bone shroud. Gain access to Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept: Bone Meditation utilities gain reduced recharge. Gain 5 seconds protection boon when using Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept: Critical hits have a chance to immobilize foes. ICD of 10 seconds.
  • Major Adept: Reduce Bone Shroud cooldown to 7 seconds
  • Minor Master: Gain 3 seconds of Quickness when entering shroud
  • Major Master: Shield skills gain reduced recharge. Increase its effectiveness by 50%.
  • Major Master: Attacks against an immobilized foe does 20% more damage
  • Major Master: Shroud auto now corrupts 1 boon on the 3rd hit
  • Minor Grandmaster: Do 20% more damage to bleeding foes.
  • Major Grandmaster: Convert remaining Bone Shroud into HP when you take a fatal blow. Gain Invulnerability for 2 seconds. ICD of 60 seconds.
  • Major Grandmaster: Immobilize does damage every second. Increase the duration of applied immobilizes by 20%.
  • Major Grandmaster: Gain 250 power in Shroud. Gain precision and ferocity based on 5% of your power.

@Dadnir.5038 said:It remind me a lot of diablo II's necromancer (Bone spec). It feel a bit to mobile for something that clad himself in bones... I'd expect an heavyweight slow fighter instead of this.

Thanks for the thought!The idea I had for this spec was that the bone armor is not purely a defensive layer. but more like an exoskeleton that not only protects the player, but also enhances his bodily strengths. it's like what would happen if a player enters a golem or robot. He becomes stronger, faster, more abilities etc.Like stark is human. But when he enters ironman, he becomes stronger and faster in every aspect.

I feel like you should work on making the mechanic different from Reaper. Currently, it's the same kind of Shroud-replacing mechanic, just with different skills. A suggestion I could make would be to make "Bone Shroud" into "Bone Armor" and make it a separate ability bound to F2 that can be activated either in Shroud or Outside of Shroud, holding different properties depending on wether you activate in Shroud or outside (Such as activating it outside of Shroud grants flat stat bonuses, while activating it in Shroud enhances your Shroud Skills, or opens up your 6-10 Skill Slots with new Shroud Skills).

@"TheSwede.9512" said:I feel like you should work on making the mechanic different from Reaper. Currently, it's the same kind of Shroud-replacing mechanic, just with different skills. A suggestion I could make would be to make "Bone Shroud" into "Bone Armor" and make it a separate ability bound to F2 that can be activated either in Shroud or Outside of Shroud, holding different properties depending on wether you activate in Shroud or outside (Such as activating it outside of Shroud grants flat stat bonuses, while activating it in Shroud enhances your Shroud Skills, or opens up your 6-10 Skill Slots with new Shroud Skills).

Hey that's a cool thought!I guess you're right that it would be rather similar to a Reaper and we should have something more different. Hmm something more like the soulbeast merge perhaps? We can merge with our new bone skeleton type minions summons and gain additional skills?

@Jethro.9376 said:I like the basic idea of it but the amount of imob feels too much.Maybe change some traits to deal cripple instead and the extra damge of the Major Master to movement impaired foes. Or add a new mechanic that inflicts bleed to enemies, if they move.

I had the immobilize spam idea from the Druids actually haha. I've fought Druids who just chain Long and multiple immobilize and daze with great Mobility to escape if things go wrong.

I was trying to avoid cripple since it was more of a Scourge thing with torment. But I like the other ideas! Offers fresher and more varied possibilities.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I had the immobilize spam idea from the Druids actually haha. I've fought Druids who just chain Long and multiple immobilize and daze with great Mobility to escape if things go wrong.

I was trying to avoid cripple since it was more of a Scourge thing with torment. But I like the other ideas! Offers fresher and more varied possibilities.

Imob is just the most fun killing condition there is, if you ask me.

What about the ability to shatter bone wall/armor to inflict condis like vulnerability, cripple, bleed and trigger combo fields?Changing the skill type from meditation to physical would fit more to the bone theme.Maybe rename Utility 4 from Bone Stimulant to Compression , decrease the amount of boons and make it block for 5 seconds.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Bone Dancer Release Notes:

Through the in-depth studies of corpses, Necromancers have gained the knowledge of preserving the bones of the deceased and absorbed them as part of their repertoire. Encased in an armor of bones, the Bone Dancer is able to wield the bones both defensively and offensively, becoming an unstoppable bone storm on the battlefield. Specializing in the ability to immobilize and bleed foes, the Bone Dancer is a gruesome sight to behold.

Elite Weapon: Shield off-hand

• Skill 1: Bone Shield
    1. Gain a shield of bones that grants a permanent 4K 'HP barrier' in combat and 1 stack of stability, retaliation and protection for 8 seconds.
    3. CD of 20 seconds.
    4. This 4K 'HP Barrier' can be stacked to a maximum of 8K 'HP Barrier' while in combat if it is not depleted by re-casting the skill after CD.
  • Skill 2: Bone Maiden
    4. Unblockable
    5. Casting range of 900
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 25 seconds

Elite Utilities: Meditation category

• Healing: Bone Nourishment

1. Base heal of 5K HP
    2. Tear the bones out of foes struck and absorb them for Increased healing of 1K HP and 1K Shroud per foe struck, up to a max of 5 foes
    3. Aoe Radius of 600
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 1: Bone Chains

1. Tether up to 3 foes with chains of bone and siphon HP and gain shroud every second for 5 seconds
    3. If your foes move beyond 600 range, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and a further 2 stack of bleeds
    4. Cast time of 1 second
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Utility 2: Bone Wall

1. Summon a wall of bones that rises from the ground and prevents foes from crossing for 8 seconds
    4. Has a HP of 12K
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 30 seconds
  • Utility 3: Bone Stake

1. Conjure a bone stake out of thin air to impale your foe that stuns for 2 seconds and immobilizes for 4 seconds
    3. Casting range of 1200
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 4: Bone Stimulant

1. Strengthen your bones for a period of time, gaining 10 seconds of swiftness, protection, resistance and stability
    3. CD of 30 seconds
  • Elite Skill: Bone Storm

3. Does damage and applies 4 stack of bleeds and 1 second of immobilize in a 600 AOE radius per second
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    6. CD of 60 seconds

Elite class mechanic: Bone Shroud

Become encased in an armor of bones that becomes an extension of the Necromancer's body, extending its reach.Replaces weapon skills and prevents utilities from use.

• Shroud skill 1: Bone Lances
  • Shroud skill 2: Bone Rush
    2. Instant cast
    5. Range of 1200
    6. CD of 10 seconds
  • Shroud skill 3: Bone Mist
    1. Release an AOE acidic mist around you causing the bones of your foes to decay
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    5. AOE radius of 450
    6. Instant cast
    7. CD of 16 seconds
  • Shroud skill 4: Bone Missiles
    1. Fire shards of bones at your foes in a conical radius in front of you for 3 seconds
    2. Range of 900
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Shroud skill 5: Bone Nova
    1. Erupt in an explosion of bones, dealing additional damage for every percentage of shroud missing
    4. Affects up to 10 foes
    5. AOE radius of 1200
    7. CD of 35 seconds

Elite Traits:

• Minor Proficiency: You can now wield a shield
  • Minor Adept: Death shroud is replaced with Bone shroud. Gain access to Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept: Bone Meditation utilities gain reduced recharge. Gain 5 seconds protection boon when using Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept: Critical hits have a chance to immobilize foes. ICD of 10 seconds.
  • Major Adept: Reduce Bone Shroud cooldown to 7 seconds
  • Minor Master: Gain 3 seconds of Quickness when entering shroud
  • Major Master: Shield skills gain reduced recharge. Increase its effectiveness by 50%.
  • Major Master: Attacks against an immobilized foe does 20% more damage
  • Major Master: Shroud auto now corrupts 1 boon on the 3rd hit
  • Minor Grandmaster: Do 20% more damage to bleeding foes.
  • Major Grandmaster: Convert remaining Bone Shroud into HP when you take a fatal blow. Gain Invulnerability for 2 seconds. ICD of 60 seconds.
  • Major Grandmaster: Immobilize does damage every second. Increase the duration of applied immobilizes by 20%.
  • Major Grandmaster: Gain 250 power in Shroud. Gain precision and ferocity based on 5% of your power.

I like the idea, but having Immobilize as a required Condition for Damage, and as a chance on Crit is a bit silly. Bleeding is already a huge thing in Condition Reaper too.

I like Specs that can work with two forms of damage. Reaper does this well. Changing the Bleeding part to “Bone Slivers” or “Bone Spikes”, and having it be a new thing similar to what Reaper lost with the old Deathly Chill, might work better. The bone attacks could send spikes that stick into the target, and deal damage that scales with Power or Condition Damage. This effect would stack, and be different than just Bleeding.

Then maybe change it to +20% Damage to targets with Vulnerability, instead of Bleeding. The chance on critical hit Condition could be Vulnerability then. If you’re a wielder of sharp bones, then the bones would obviously be piercing armor, so Vulnerability would work there. The other Immobilize skills, and traits look fun, it’s just that on Crit it’s too much.

I really like the idea, it makes me think of this one boss in WoW

The boss stuck people in Bone, and did Bone Storm, was a fun boss.

@trixantea.1230 said:I am a bit skeptical about the skills but the theme of the spec and the weapon choice are so good.I got the feeling that Anet won't give us this elite spec because they do not want players to take credits for giving them new ideas.

Not true. The Weaver Elite was proposed years ago. What we got was pretty much exactly the same.

@Jethro.9376 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

Imob is just the most fun killing condition there is, if you ask me.

What about the ability to shatter bone wall/armor to inflict condis like vulnerability, cripple, bleed and trigger combo fields?Changing the skill type from meditation to physical would fit more to the bone theme.Maybe rename
Utility 4
from
Bone Stimulant
to
Compression
, decrease the amount of boons and make it block for 5 seconds.

Hmm I think I would agree that physical is a better skill type for the Bone utilities!At least according to wiki: "Physical is a type of utility skills that involve controlling foes and causing direct physical damage."Perhaps the block skill can have a flip skill as well, similar to the daredevil's block and kick knockdown on flip!

@"derd.6413" said:naming could use some variety but other then that it alright

Agreed the names I used are rather stale haha. It could definitely use a makeover.The name of the build and the theme I had gotten inspiration from Naruto's Kimimaro Kaguya. My favorite bone taijutsu character!He had 5 ultimate Bone techniques that he named the 5 Dances of Death. Hence the Bone Dancer XDYou could watch it here if interested!

@Kam.4092 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:
Bone Dancer Release Notes:

Elite Weapon:
Shield off-hand
  • Skill 1:
    Bone Shield
    3. CD of 20 seconds.
  • Skill 2:
    Bone Maiden
    4. Unblockable
    5. Casting range of 900
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 25 seconds

Elite Utilities:
Meditation category
  • Healing:
    Bone Nourishment
    1. Base heal of 5K HP
    3. Aoe Radius of 600
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 1:
    Bone Chains
    4. Cast time of 1 second
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Utility 2:
    Bone Wall
    4. Has a HP of 12K
    6. Cast time of 1 second
    7. CD of 30 seconds
  • Utility 3:
    Bone Stake
    3. Casting range of 1200
    5. CD of 25 seconds
  • Utility 4:
    Bone Stimulant
    3. CD of 30 seconds
  • Elite Skill:
    Bone Storm
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    6. CD of 60 seconds

Elite class mechanic:
Bone Shroud

• Shroud skill 1:
    Bone Lances
  • Shroud skill 2:
    Bone Rush
    2. Instant cast
    5. Range of 1200
    6. CD of 10 seconds
  • Shroud skill 3:
    Bone Mist
    4. Affects up to 5 foes
    5. AOE radius of 450
    6. Instant cast
    7. CD of 16 seconds
  • Shroud skill 4:
    Bone Missiles
    2. Range of 900
    5. CD of 20 seconds
  • Shroud skill 5:
    Bone Nova
    4. Affects up to 10 foes
    5. AOE radius of 1200
    7. CD of 35 seconds

Elite Traits:
  • Minor Proficiency:
    You can now wield a shield
  • Minor Adept:
    Death shroud is replaced with Bone shroud. Gain access to Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept:
    Bone Meditation utilities gain reduced recharge. Gain 5 seconds protection boon when using Bone Meditation utilities.
  • Major Adept:
    Critical hits have a chance to immobilize foes. ICD of 10 seconds.
  • Major Adept:
    Reduce Bone Shroud cooldown to 7 seconds
  • Minor Master:
    Gain 3 seconds of Quickness when entering shroud
  • Major Master:
    Shield skills gain reduced recharge. Increase its effectiveness by 50%.
  • Major Master:
    Attacks against an immobilized foe does 20% more damage
  • Major Master:
    Shroud auto now corrupts 1 boon on the 3rd hit
  • Minor Grandmaster:
    Do 20% more damage to bleeding foes.
  • Major Grandmaster:
    Convert remaining Bone Shroud into HP when you take a fatal blow. Gain Invulnerability for 2 seconds. ICD of 60 seconds.
  • Major Grandmaster:
    Immobilize does damage every second. Increase the duration of applied immobilizes by 20%.
  • Major Grandmaster:
    Gain 250 power in Shroud. Gain precision and ferocity based on 5% of your power.

I like the idea, but having Immobilize as a required Condition for Damage, and as a chance on Crit is a bit silly. Bleeding is already a huge thing in Condition Reaper too.

I like Specs that can work with two forms of damage. Reaper does this well. Changing the Bleeding part to “Bone Slivers” or “Bone Spikes”, and having it be a new thing similar to what Reaper lost with the old Deathly Chill, might work better. The bone attacks could send spikes that stick into the target, and deal damage that scales with Power or Condition Damage. This effect would stack, and be different than just Bleeding.

Then maybe change it to +20% Damage to targets with Vulnerability, instead of Bleeding. The chance on critical hit Condition could be Vulnerability then. If you’re a wielder of sharp bones, then the bones would obviously be piercing armor, so Vulnerability would work there. The other Immobilize skills, and traits look fun, it’s just that on Crit it’s too much.

I really like the idea, it makes me think of this one boss in WoW
The boss stuck people in Bone, and did Bone Storm, was a fun boss.

Great ideas!I had tried working with existing conditions but definitely like your condition/damage forms too.As for the immob on crit, agreed that it is kinda OP and had initially planned for it to be a chance to immob on crit. The chance could be as low as 10% I guess if it was too OP XDAnd that is one cool WoW boss. Almost tempted to say I would like to have it as a Summon Minion in GW2.

@trixantea.1230 said:I am a bit skeptical about the skills but the theme of the spec and the weapon choice are so good.I got the feeling that Anet won't give us this elite spec because they do not want players to take credits for giving them new ideas.

I think as others have mentioned, ideas posted are not totally hopeless!I read somewhere that the deadeye spec was initially suggested by a player too!

@Anchoku.8142 said:@EremiteAngel.9765 You put a lot of time into the concept and I appreciate the effort but would like some clarification on what skill-gap in Necro's build variety it is aimed at filling.

What makes the Bone Dancer different? What new role does it enable? Reaper enabled power-cleave while Scourge enabled a support/corruption hybrid.

I think depending on the game mode and style one plays, the Reaper and Scourge could possibly perform different roles.But One thing that I feel Necro has in over-abundance, be it core, Reaper or Scourge, is that they have an overwhelming AOE capability.From Shouts and Cleave on the Reaper to group utilities/corruption and Shades on the Scourge, lots and lots of AOE and team affecting capability.I've tried making the Bone Dancer more focused on a single target main role, while still offering some AOE possibilities for group plays though those are generally gated behind higher Cooldowns compared to the other single target skills.

Also as Kam mentioned, I too like that a spec allows for choice of building for power damage, condi damage, hybrid, or tank/sustain.Which is the theme behind my traits.The first row of Major traits in each tier is catered more for a utility/tank build, buffing the shield, utilities and offering more survivability.The second row of Major traits in each tier is catered more for an immobilize condi/hybrid build, offering more ways to stack multipliers on immobilize condition.The third row of Major Traits in each tier is catered more for a shroud based power build, with lower shroud CD YES, modification of shroud auto, and more direct buff to power damage stats.

@Catchyfx.5768 said:I like idea but dont like those numbers(CD's Casttimes). But as @"Anchoku.8142" "said" before me. Tell us by your words why you think this is what necro needs.(no offence Im just curious)

Hey thanks for the thoughts!CD/casttimes I just pulled off the top of my head randomly, trying to keep with the idea of lower CDs for single/low numbers of target skills and higher ones for mass AOE skills while also bearing in mind of the possible traited reductions.Totally open to changing all those CD and casttimes though. Whatever that needs balancing I guess.

This is what Necro needs because...I'm a fan of Kimimaro Kaguya.Actually, no I think we need a more single-target focused Necro, whether it be single target self, or single target foe.We need a spec that has less AOE I guess, but not totally losing the AOE aspect.

For example, Reaper shouts is pretty much AOE everything. Same with Shroud, AOE everything skills.Scourge utilities are also AOE everything, and shades are also AOE everything.Even their weapons are AOE/multi-target everything.Bone Dancer needs to be more single target focused.

@Kam.4092 said:

Not true. The Weaver Elite was proposed years ago. What we got was pretty much exactly the same.

My judgment was based on seeing many good ideas on the forums that didn't make it to the game for unknown reasons but I hope you're right.

I think this is the coolest idea about a necro elite spec because a shield with barrier and stability will greatly help necros compensate for the lack of sustain and cc resistance.

So you had me at Bone Prison; I'm all in. I absolutely love this. Kimimaro immediately came to my mind while reading this -- he's one of my favorite minor characters. I think this sounds thematically cool and I would definitely be interested in trying it out.

It's been on my mind that I'd personally like to see a white/pale themed necro (black/white works too) or an elite theme based around the necromancer masques at character creation and this idea perfectly fits the skull masque.

Archived