[Suggestion]Show only boons and conditions

raykor.6723

When you look at the name of both friendlies and enemies, you often see a long list of icons that include banner boosts, food & utility buffs, experience boosts, guild boosts, boons, conditions, signets, and a wide variety of class-specific icons.

In my opinion, the only two types that should be visible in WvW, are boons and conditions. Those are the only two categories that can be affected by player actions.

I don't care that another player clicked a hero banner or decided to use a birthday booster. And actually, it's also a bit unfair that certain class skills essentially broadcast your build to the enemy by showing which utility skills you have equipped and which food you consumed.

Utility skills SHOULD be on there. That way, if you see someone pop, for instance, Endure pain, you don't blow all your cool downs (since it's not telegraphed really). Having that information is what allows you to counter play. Same with seeing signets on a mesmer, or unblockable buffs on a ranger. I do agree that all the 'clutter' of hero banners, bday boosters, should go - mostly because its just needless graphics being rendered

Yeah, many of those icons are vital for combat. You need to know if that thief has venoms up. You need to know if your opponent activated an invuln. You need to know if they've got unblockable active, etc.

Food is useful too because it tells you whether an opponent is running power or condition or whether they're likely to be a dodge spam build.

Archived