Suddenly Screen Tearing

A friend who has never had graphics issues in the past suddenly had weird horizontal lines, and after troubleshooting all the hardware, etc, to ensure it wasn't something broken or overheating (the problem only occurred in GW2) we turned on Vertical Sync, and the problem went away. Strangely enough I also had the same problem suddenly appear today, so I don't know if Anet has changed something or not but it's...weird.

Anyway, if you're experiencing something like this, try enabling Vertical Sync in the Graphics Options tab of the F11 menu and see if that makes it go away. Anet if you're listening...did you change something?

@Deimos.4263 said:A friend who has never had graphics issues in the past suddenly had weird horizontal lines, and after troubleshooting all the hardware, etc, to ensure it wasn't something broken or overheating (the problem only occurred in GW2) we turned on Vertical Sync, and the problem went away. Strangely enough I also had the same problem suddenly appear today, so I don't know if Anet has changed something or not but it's...weird.

Anyway, if you're experiencing something like this, try enabling Vertical Sync in the Graphics Options tab of the F11 menu and see if that makes it go away. Anet if you're listening...did you change something?

Well, situation you described started to occure on my laptop after Intel Graphics drivers update (even tho I don't use it ingame) last Christmas or so. Since then I'm forced to use Vertical Sync (I could uninstall drivers and situation got back to normal but it kept reinstalling itself after some time).Can't recall the name of driver but it was autoinstalled like an application and should be visible in Installed Apps in Windows.

Archived