Core Necro in ranked

wwDefuser.2056

How do you play your core nec in ranked ?What experiences did you make with other core necs ?I only saw a few core necros in ranked this season. One of them was >Cheese Meta< (= Posi ?) who played the vanilla condi build.

I did a few games yesterday around 1500 rating (eu) and i did quiet well with Core Blood necro. I only had Problems vs scourges (really low dmg output) cause of their better condi transfer/cleanse with the shades ... and teammates with low dmg output themselves, that were flaming ('i see a core necro - yep he's the reason i lose the 1v2's vs two other scourges and so lose the game').

I run core necro in ranked (eu) generally plat 1, sometimes lower plat 2, always power build. Keep my distance from enemy teammates especially at start. Always placing wurm in spot where enemies can't reach me.This is my build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2IJN0Tj91gNNwhjjjhi+DPRQE75tNAm7wLcDA-jpR6gAVnAAgDCw2+D5HBA2yA0PAAA(plague lands can be a good elite too especially vs weak to condi opponents)It's pretty mobile for a core necro, removes a lot of condis even without consume conditions or plague signet. If you are facing scourges off hand dagger is a must have, unholy martyr can be used too but it's pretty risky.I still have to give a go to condi core.Btw I'm running a full core necro guild XD Core Necro is Da Way [CORE], we enjoy playing core in www and pvp, I'll send you an invite, if you want join us =)

@killfil.3472 said:Core necro IS in a fairly bad position compared to both E-specs.after nearly 4 years it got some buffs that are still clearly not enough to allow it to even keep up.I find your choice to play it in ranked questionable, but bold.Respect brother.

Before the last patch where reaper got quickness, core necro was pretty equal in viability to reaper (now i think reaper is slightly better also depend on situation). Atm i run core if our team lacks side point proffesions, since for me core is better for 1v1 and can take anyone except mesmer and dps fb are little harder and easyer on reaper. Even not 1v1, core with right build isnt bad in teamfights with debuffs and more reactive spells. And its possible to get to legend with only core nec so i wouldnt say its fairly bad.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@killfil.3472 said:Core necro IS in a fairly bad position compared to both E-specs.after nearly 4 years it got some buffs that are still clearly not enough to allow it to even keep up.I find your choice to play it in ranked questionable, but bold.Respect brother.

Dont you play core in ranked some times too :# :# :# :# LOL

KEEP THAT UNDER RACKS

Archived