[Video] Roaming with my perma quickness build

bigo.9037

@shadowpass.4236 said:Great job! Good video, mechanics, music selection.

The only thing I would say is to add another song after the first one ends. Other than that, +1.

I forgot to increase the volume of the game after it ended but i didnt wanna use up another song for the extra few minutes cus i wanna save it for another video xd

Always nice to watch someone who plays very mechanically well. My only complaint is that it's too short, but what I'm really trying to say is that I enjoyed the video and hope to see more. Watching this has shown me that I need to work more on my competence on GS, and also to try out Gazelle some more. Would love to duel you some, but by the server names I'm assuming you're on EU?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Always nice to watch someone who plays very mechanically well. My only complaint is that it's too short, but what I'm really trying to say is that I enjoyed the video and hope to see more. Watching this has shown me that I need to work more on my competence on GS, and also to try out Gazelle some more. Would love to duel you some, but by the server names I'm assuming you're on EU?

yea I am on EU. but maybe guild halls work? idk. I'm sure it would be fun though

I really like the video although i expected to see a real perma-quickness and it is not ;)

Just a couple of questions:

• How do you handle against "one shot" thieves or DE? I see no SoS or immunity.
  • How do you handle perma-stun warriors or holos?
  • Scourges i guess you kite from 1200. Is this build good against them if you have to fight up closer?

@"anduriell.6280" said:I really like the video although i expected to see a real perma-quickness and it is not ;)

• Scourges i guess you kite from 1200. Is this build good against them if you have to fight up closer?

hah yeah technically it's not permanent. you'd need to run skirmishing traitline for that.

1: it depends. if the DE is a perma-stealth type then I either just leave them or something. if they play heavy dmg 1 shot without perma stealth I use the sound in game to help with dodges and just kinda out rotate them. you don't need immunity if you know what you're doing.

2: I have high stab uptime with dolyak stance and sotp + boon duration and boon refresh from heal and from quickness.

3: you need to use both melee and lb to kill them with this build cus conditions hurt a bit more. kite them, dodge their dmg and cc, stealth, hit them with gs stuns etc., dodge back, block with gs4 either to KB them or just to kite, then swap to lb and hit them with the combo all over again.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:I really like the video although i expected to see a real perma-quickness and it is not ;)

hah yeah technically it's not permanent. you'd need to run skirmishing traitline for that.

1: it depends. if the DE is a perma-stealth type then I either just leave them or something. if they play heavy dmg 1 shot without perma stealth I use the sound in game to help with dodges and just kinda out rotate them. you don't need immunity if you know what you're doing.

2: I have high stab uptime with dolyak stance and sotp + boon duration and boon refresh from heal and from quickness.

3: you need to use both melee and lb to kill them with this build cus conditions hurt a bit more. kite them, dodge their dmg and cc, stealth, hit them with gs stuns etc., dodge back, block with gs4 either to KB them or just to kite, then swap to lb and hit them with the combo all over again.

2 and 3 I am sure you can manage to kite them but for no.1, vs a DE, I am pretty sure that 17k HP and 1200 Toughness will be 1 Shot if you don't run away. And if you are in 1 vs 1 with him, maybe you can kill him if he makes a mistake, but if you are engaged in another fight vs another player, then definitely sooner or later the DE will "touch" you :) .The problem with perma stealth one shot DE is that their CD are shorter than Soulbeast defence CD, that's why against them we need some more Toughness.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

2 and 3 I am sure you can manage to kite them but for no.1, vs a DE, I am pretty sure that 17k HP and 1200 Toughness will be 1 Shot if you don't run away. And if you are in 1 vs 1 with him, maybe you can kill him if he makes a mistake, but if you are engaged in another fight vs another player, then definitely sooner or later the DE will "touch" you :) .The problem with perma stealth one shot DE is that their CD are shorter than Soulbeast defence CD, that's why against them we need some more Toughness.

sure it's true but I'm not going to handicap myself to have better chances vs a small number of DE's with full one shot builds that also know how to play their spec decently.

most of the time I do just fine and have no problems. yes, DE perma stealth is broken I know but not enough of them play well so I don't really care tbh

@bigo.9037 said:

sure it's true but I'm not going to handicap myself to have better chances vs a small number of DE's with full one shot builds that also know how to play their spec decently.

most of the time I do just fine and have no problems. yes, DE perma stealth is broken I know but not enough of them play well so I don't really care tbh

Excellent Video. Absolutely loved it. Learned SOOOO Much. I was hooting when I realised you could use Gazelle to interrupt while you secured a stomp. Or when you used unstoppable union to blast that guy off the cliff.

Still Excellent work. I am literally blown away by this video.

@Sketch.3658 said:Excellent Video. Absolutely loved it. Learned SOOOO Much. I was hooting when I realised you could use Gazelle to interrupt while you secured a stomp. Or when you used unstoppable union to blast that guy off the cliff.

Then I realise you were the guy whispering me in WVW last week telling me what a trash ranger I am, when I had been a ranger for two whole days. I remember you. You got a bee in your bonnet about me for some reason and decided to use the block feature to circumvent the WVW rules set to message me against my will.

I'd definitely upvote it and subscribe otherwise.

Still Excellent work. I am literally blown away by this video. But skill isnt enough. Personality matters. You'll have to do more to protect your brand if you mean to have a public persona.

hey man sorry about that lol. but we all have a bad day every now and then xD no hate tho and good luck to you

oh and I didn't use unstoppable union. always just look at opponents boons to see if they have aegis etc.

Really good video, how actually Shared Anguish trait works if you are in beastmode? The one who transfer an incoming disable to your pet instead?Is it wasted during beastmode?

And how do you advice to use moa stance? I saw lot of player pop almost simultaneoly both moa and dolyak stance usually to benefit from moa duration, is it correct to do?

@whoknocks.4935 said:Really good video, how actually Shared Anguish trait works if you are in beastmode? The one who transfer an incoming disable to your pet instead?Is it wasted during beastmode?

And how do you advice to use moa stance? I saw lot of player pop almost simultaneoly both moa and dolyak stance usually to benefit from moa duration, is it correct to do?

shared anguish works like 1 stack of stability while you're in beastmode. if you get stunned, nothing will happen and you have to wait 60s before you get it back (90s in spvp). outside of beastmode your pet will get stunned but nothing happens to you. the reason I take this trait is because with the amount of damage my build has you just don't need the poison application. it's not gonna help anything cuz your dmg is so high lol.

yes you wanna use moa stance before using key buffs like sotp (elite) or dolyak stance or swapping pets for extra quickness. remember with traits it lasts for 15 whole seconds...

@bigo.9037 said:... the reason I take this trait is because with the amount of damage my build has you just don't need the poison application. it's not gonna help anything cuz your dmg is so high lol.

Bigo, you know very well that Refined Toxins is not for damage (because it is one of the lowest, 200 or something), but for 6 sec of -33% Heal Effectiveness. And you could apply this every 5 sec if you can keep your HP over 75%. Basically is a perma -33% Heal Effectiveness.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@bigo.9037 said:... the reason I take this trait is because with the amount of damage my build has you just don't need the poison application. it's not gonna help anything cuz your dmg is so high lol.

Bigo, you know very well that Refined Toxins is not for damage (because it is one of the lowest, 200 or something), but for 6 sec of -33% Heal Effectiveness. And you could apply this every 5 sec if you can keep your HP over 75%. Basically is a perma -33% Heal Effectiveness.

yes and I know very well that using a build that essentially has full Berserker stats, you're very squishy but deal a lot of dmg. you can take down pretty much anyone including minstrel tempests with this build without refined toxins. for roaming you're not at ALL worried about whether or not you can actually get people killed ( outnumbered ) you're more worried about staying alive, preventing CC lockdowns that could kill you, etc.

Archived