[PvP] LF Minion Master build

Profanity.6829

Hey guys,

Doing alot of ranked PvP lately (lowly mid silver) and seem to see quite a few Miniom Master Necro's out there. I see them both in Scourge Condi and Power Reaper variants. Anyone has the best builds for these? Can't see to find them on Metabattle and other sites (only PvE variants).

DisclaimerI know MM is probably not the best for ranked, but don't care too much if MM aint optimal. Im feeling nostagic :D Also don't really care if the build is very offensive or supportive, I like both playstyles. I have made up my own version for now, but I just need to know what build others are using.

Ayy, do I have good news for you. Scourge MM feels great in PvP. This is the base for any PvP MM build, I wouldn't suggest changing out anything you see in there or the build will suffer pretty substantially imo. However, you'll notice there is still a ton left unfilled, and that is all up to your personal playstyle, preferences, and situation.

This is the build that I personally use. In 1v1s, you're going to have a ton of ways to heal, barrier, and cleanse conditions off your minions, making them much tankier than you'd expect, and on the flipside you have pretty good damage and defense to stay alive while your minions put in a lot of work.

In teamfights when minions can't stand up under the heavier damage you transition into a powerful support/healing build that can slap huge barriers on allies, cleanse some conditions, and revive people in a way that few other builds can match. It is a smooth transition in playstyle that alleviates the one-trick-pony issues of pre-Scourge MM.

Fair warning, Scourge makes MM a lot more difficult to play because you are now managing your Shade placement and skills on top of your standard minion shit, without having the more braindead safety button of Shroud. But I would never play Reaper or Core MM in PvP at this point, there isn't enough synergy to keep up; your minions will die nearly instantly and you'll follow right after.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCN1gdbC+1A0bilpBj6EcDyUSpsCQAI+DeCfhA-jZRHQBA4gAEuLAgAeCAuY/BTWGAAI came up with this one on a whim yesterday.This build spams weakness and poison AoEs with the ticking timebombs rise spawns and bone minions. Massive LF gain from minion deaths keeps you going, the poison & chill & weakness keeps the enemy team weak, and you yourself get to do some hefty damage as a reaper. Escape is possible with rs2 and flesh wurm. SR keeps the build ever so slightly tankier and more damaging, DM is the base of the build, reaper provides poison in shroud, rise, and chill uptime. Rata sum runes improve poison and weakness uptime significantly while also granting you an automatic guard in the form of a radiation field. I've been having a blast(heh) with this build, so check this one out later too!Notable is that minions dying is a good thing for you with this build. But if you can stun the enemy and swarm them it's all OK anyway, especially due to the condi transfer from DM.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I find core condi minionmaster quite viable. Death, curses, blood lines, carrion amulet, and I think scavening signet. Which increase condi for vitality.

28k health. Your will choke in life force that makes you tanky af. Shroud 4 keeps folks and minions around you alive. Plenty of CC from minions, staff 5, specter 2, dagger 4, shroud skills. Tons of condi to spam. Cleanise from minions.

Great for trolling ppl. They think you are a noob on core with minions, get closer. Then surprise. Lot of fun.

Archived