Is there a 2v2 queue in the game?

zealex.9410

A while (a long while) back they added that ascalonian catacombs looking map for 2v2s and they also changed the old courtyard but there was no way to queue for them. Has that changed, I would love to be able to queue casually with a friend and play some (saw a 2v2 tourney going on twitch and I was wondering if something happened).

• ArenaNet Staff

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Another 2v2/3v3 focused map will be out pretty soon. Additionally, we're working on special event tournaments, of which 2v2's will be one type of event.

How frequently will these special event tournaments take place?Ultimately, I'd like to run a special tournament event every 2-3 months. Depending on how well the 2v2 tournament goes, I'm hoping to run ToL as the next special tournament after.

Is there any chance of 2v2/3v3 being added to ranked ques?It requires a fairly significant amount of work. We would have to get a new rating type set up, since we wouldn't want you to use the same skill rating as conquest. Additionally, there are still serious concerns about splitting the population. That being said, I have ideas, but it's far too early to talk about them publicly.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Another 2v2/3v3 focused map will be out pretty soon. Additionally, we're working on special event tournaments, of which 2v2's will be one type of event.

How frequently will these special event tournaments take place?Ultimately, I'd like to run a special tournament event every 2-3 months. Depending on how well the 2v2 tournament goes, I'm hoping to run ToL as the next special tournament after.

Is there any chance of 2v2/3v3 being added to ranked ques?It requires a fairly significant amount of work. We would have to get a new rating type set up, since we wouldn't want you to use the same skill rating as conquest. Additionally, there are still serious concerns about splitting the population. That being said, I have ideas, but it's far too early to talk about them publicly.

I understand the concerns about splitting the playerbase, but i hope you also understand that you should give the mode a chance to see how popular it would be. I'm almost certain if you were to pit conquest with 2v2, the latter would win by a landslide in popularity. Because boy, i'm TIRED of conquest after 6 years, and i'm sure a lot of the playerbase are too. Isn't possible to just allow people to queue for tournaments separately forever instead of every 2~3 months for 2v2? We would have both conquest and 2v2. Easy to setup and less issues with ratings.

In matter of fact, removing ranked from the game and transferring all of its rewards to unranked and the swiss tourneys would probably be the best course for not splitting the playerbase. Let's be honest, no one plays ranked for competitiveness or anything like that. All the suffering, all the pain and effort, sweat blood and tears to try and fix; all falls down to the titles and the legendary progression and more rewards. People don't care about fair play they will do anything for those things, even it meant being unsportsman like(selling titles, wintrading, all the drama we keep having, afkers, quitters, so on). Keep the legendary progression for both unranked and swiss, but only add the titles to swiss. This way we can nurture both a casual/less pressure approach to the game(unranked) and the more competitive mode with desire to be the best(swiss). The latter would have all the issues we currently have with ranked completely gone, aside from maybe pro players playing on newbies account, but eh, that is of the less.

On an unrelated notice, i believe the tourneys keep being delayed because of a specific bug you are having trouble to catch? Is there nothing the playerbase can do? Like maybe doing a beta test weekend where we can try to find the issue on live? I'm sure a lot of people would sacrifice a weekend of pvp if means giving us swiss faster.

@viquing.8254 said:I will do my showy : there a great chance that we will see a handful op meta 2v2 3v3 comp (that we don't saw in occasional 2v2 player tournament.), leaving more than half class on the tile.the advantage is that it will highlight that conquest isn't that bad.

There is a lot of 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 already by the playerbase. And conquest already have more issues than those would have, the only issue with 2v2 is firebrand.

@Nebilim.5127 said:

@viquing.8254 said:I will do my showy : there a great chance that we will see a handful op meta 2v2 3v3 comp (that we don't saw in occasional 2v2 player tournament.), leaving more than half class on the tile.the advantage is that it will highlight that conquest isn't that bad.

There is a lot of 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 already by the playerbase. And conquest already have more issues than those would have, the only issue with 2v2 is firebrand.With half mecanics banned.Moreover if you are saying that teamplay class have 50/50 in 1v1 versus single target class, there is a real problem.

Archived