BUILD templates release?

@EthanLightheart.9168 said:Is the build template still a thing? Gw1 used it and gw 2 after 6 years still doens't have it.What is a buid template? It makes ur traits, amulets runes etc. and skills savable and reloadable, to easily switch your builds .

No. It could happen but it never will. This piece of crap game is not doing anything out of being good for the players, only what brings money matters.

During the time of gw1 they actually had to make a good game that had good mechanics and stuff in order to make the game work. That all is gone now when they ride along with their name and fame for the free moneyz.

Years of "considering build template", half yearly "periodic update" on WvW reconstruction, yo-yoing of PvE/PvP split, and now promise of new balance team. Yet we have fortnightly release of new skins, whether it is backpack/glider/mount/weapons etc. I'm sure they work in different areas, but the productivity in different departments is staggeringly huge.

Not to be grim or anything, but honestly there hasn't been any sort of progression in terms of systems for a long long time. And there are very little reasons to believe this would improve.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@EthanLightheart.9168 said:Is the build template still a thing? Gw1 used it and gw 2 after 6 years still doens't have it.What is a buid template? It makes ur traits, amulets runes etc. and skills savable and reloadable, to easily switch your builds .

No. It could happen but it never will. This piece of kitten game is not doing anything out of being good for the players, only what brings money matters.

During the time of gw1 they actually had to make a good game that had good mechanics and stuff in order to make the game work. That all is gone now when they ride along with their name and fame for the free moneyz.

Gw1 didn't have jumping.

Build templates are still on the table (it's a big table). Implementing them is not so easy, cause they are tied to our characters' code and it's totally possible that if something went wrong, our characters might get broken. There are also some interface issues present.source: https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/99sl2e/report_and_photos_from_the_community_meet_greet/As far as I understood, 3rd party tool save our builds on our PC, while if ArenaNet is going to introduce this, we should be able to use the feature on any PC. That's why is more complicated than we think.

@"Urud.4925" said:Build templates are still on the table (it's a big table). Implementing them is not so easy, cause they are tied to our characters' code and it's totally possible that if something went wrong, our characters might get broken. There are also some interface issues present.source: https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/99sl2e/report_and_photos_from_the_community_meet_greet/As far as I understood, 3rd party tool save our builds on our PC, while if ArenaNet is going to introduce this, we should be able to use the feature on any PC. That's why is more complicated than we think.

gw1 devs seemed to solve the mystery already.

As ArcDPS has already done this, it really can't be impossible (I think it lacks saving ranger pets, that should definitely be done). It should be integrated to the game, and to all game modes. PvP and WvW build "saving" should be removed, and replaced with this integrated build save/recall option. I really hate, that when I switch between PvE, PvP and WvW, the trait changes, but weapons and gears (WvW) do not: so the entire game mode specific "recall" thing is useless, when changing between modes you still need to use ArcDPS to make the real switch.

I really hope this feature comes sooner than later.

Archived