DE or DD in fractals

sam.4681

Cleave damage, and the two most important modifiers are not fully utilized, namely Premeditation and Exposed Weakness

in raids you almost see all boons and conditions applied on an encounter,

in fractals, you can see at most 6 conditions applied, and it is hurting the Exposed Weakness modifier, since condition classes are not used in fractals more often

Use a Daredevil. You will have a good time with it, trust me. I run it almost exclusively with either premades or pugs and it works great.Most of the time i am max dps by some margin. Dragonhunters and Weavers will overtake me for a few seconds during their burst window, but not by much, and after their initial burst is done, my sustain will overtake them pretty much every time.Staff DD also has great cleave and amazing cc, as well as survivability. so it works really well in fractals. Deadeye just lacks the cleave damage and is not bursty enough for most encounters.Just use Invigorating precision when you are with pugs, and you will be pretty much immortal.

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:Cleave damage, and the two most important modifiers are not fully utilized, namely Premeditation and Exposed Weakness

in raids you almost see all boons and conditions applied on an encounter,

in fractals, you can see at most 6 conditions applied, and it is hurting the Exposed Weakness modifier, since condition classes are not used in fractals more often

6 conditions is pretty good. Thats 12%.

Cleave is something daredevil has, and the thiefs insane mobility makes a number of fractals easier.

The primary reason is likely closer to the same reasons for dungeons. Thieves aren't very durable when in full glass. Trading for survivability on thief is often a heavy loss in damage. It might be a different story if there was an armor similar to marauders but instead of vitality, healing power.

And they have very little to offer the team outside of damage. And while their damage is higher... It is often better to just have more boons.

If they know the thief is good, they will take them because of their mobility will allow for mistakes to be made and corrected.

Archived