Burning speed vs Balthazar's Advance

Arheundel.6451

Can any of you think of a logical reason why this skills combo is unavailable to eles?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balthazar%27s_Advance

The "soak all damage than roll to water" mantra doesn't work anymore for eles, the d/d weapon set is too outdated to function properly in any setting, people now are using sword everywhere and for good reason I'd say - ele needs more damage avoidance skills/mechanic to keep up with the damage power creep- ; they can't keep forcing this class to use healing stats just to stay alive in a competitive setting, they have been doing that for the last 6 years+ .

If only eles could dash forward with burning speed and retreat backward with a burning dodge roll....I don't see how that could be considered OP looking at what other specs can do

Actually sword is very effective in PvP because people are eager to stay melee and you don't leap in all direction, you evade on the spot making it perfect to keep the point.But d/d have more range, #3 360° radius effect, more mobility, more "strong hits". And actually sword and dagger are very close in benchmark, just with dagger you have to move camera a little bit and replace everytime, making it akward to stick the enemy.Aren't you fed up when your pyro vortex or your Gale strike doesn't proc because of enemy's sidestep or short range or you cross the body, or enemy's backstabs ? Well, no more problem with daggers' skills and of course dual attacks.Need to flee or chase? #3 fire/water > #3 fire/fire, or #4 earth/air > #3 earth/earth.Need a water field ? #3 fire/water + #3 air/fire or air/water, a strong combo, great dmg.

I stopped to play sword in WvW, this weapon is too pathetic (Like elem, but ... I try hard) in solo or group roaming : too obvious combos, to static, too short range, it's perfect to burst beginners but that's it ... d/d is less predictable.There is only "Mud slide" cast thas is tooooooooooo long : 1sec, and the slide too short.

Edit: but yes, this backward dodge roll after burning speed would be welcome, or something like the #5 air to knockback the enemy in the fire field.

Archived