Will MDF ever be fixed?

LegohBrave.1823

I know it's a "oh its bugged and anet will never fix it" topic but seriously...

MDF is awesome, and it's my MAIN focus of support in WVW along with Purity of Purpose. The problem is it's VERY inconsistent. I am sure we are all aware via the wiki page what procs it and when, my question to ANET devs is this.

Will you be fixing this so that it works fully in either 1 of 2 directions. One would be a MASSIVE nerf and would see it die from wvw completely. As it stands, Scrapper is a VERY good alternative for FB for support besides Chrono and I would suggest to you MDF is the major reason. If anet were to "fix" MDF and make it so that you MUST be taking damage or MDF will not proc off all the skills, it would come as a massive nerf as the power meta currently active would shred you before the procs would be able to save you or others. You would literally have to get lucky and eat SOME of the ranged bomb in wvw blob fights but, not all of it. In the other direction if Anet were to "fix" it in the opposite direction that regardless if you take damage or not MDF will proc, it would be a massive boost to us. I would really like if REGEN and the elixir fields could proc when i am not taking damage and it would really add additional support for us in wvw. I would like to be rewarded in wvw for being able to avoid damage and not be penalized by making my main skill force me to take damage to aid my allies.

I feel that as long as your character is IN COMBAT, MDF should be working off any heal you give yourself. If anet wants to debate the 50% that's fine, I personally feel 50% is a good number. Scrapper already is a tough plug for commanders in wvw so I don't think it needs to be pushed back to 20% or less than what it is.

You are right when you say that Medical Dispersion Field is inconsistent. It says that any healing you apply to yourself is shared with allies, but it doesn't include healing you get from traits like Backpack Regenerator and Soothing Detonation. Not to mention that the healing you give to allies from this trait is also based on the amount of health you have. Some skills give allies health if you have full health and other skills give allies health below full health. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Medical_Dispersion_Field

I can understand super-elixir and elixir shell, since at full health, it is taking 5 other people to heal. Soothing detonation and water blast combo might work like that as well. So, in those cases you are not targeted at all, so MDF does not trigger. One could change the skill-priority, so you take a heal-slot even when at full health...I have no idea, why backpack regenerator and heat therapy is not working.However, since comback cure seems to be nicer for heal scrappers, backpack regenerator is also not really an issue... still abug in my opinion.

But regeneration is ONLY targeting you and making a difference between backpack-regenerator, rapid regeneration and regeneration does not make sense at all...

• 1 month later...

@"Hoodie.1045" said:You are right when you say that Medical Dispersion Field is inconsistent. It says that any healing you apply to yourself is shared with allies, but it doesn't include healing you get from traits like Backpack Regenerator and Soothing Detonation. Not to mention that the healing you give to allies from this trait is also based on the amount of health you have. Some skills give allies health if you have full health and other skills give allies health below full health. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Medical_Dispersion_Field

its not even all traits though, the heal on swiftness trait for scrapper works with it, it works with Compounding Chemicals as well

Archived