Legendary Armor Skin for X LI

Why not make it possible to buy the legendary PVE raid skin for X LI and Y idk. only possible to add to a legendary armor from PvP/ WwW. I have 2 sets leg armor. One from pve and a mixed one from pve and pvp as a main PvP/WvW player. The second one I just mixed b.c. I didnt want to wait the LI to buy the full set to Switch stats but however I wish to have the skin from the pve one. I still do not unterstand why the the only leg skin ingame is fixed in one game mode, but when nobody want to change that then make it possible to buy just the skin for LI and add it to a leg pvp/wvw armor.

NO WAYOrOk with U

@"Joraan Adenard.2061" said:So...you don't want to wait to have enough LIs to craft the armor, so you suggest buying the skin with.....LIs ? How is that an advantage for you ?

I think the OP is talking about only the skin, and only to apply to WvW/PvP legendary armor. Basically as an option to "upgrade" PvP or WvW legendary armor to the PvE legendary skin, presumably for a smaller cost (either in LI or just all the other stuff) than making PvE legendary armor from scratch.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Joraan Adenard.2061" said:So...you don't want to wait to have enough LIs to craft the armor, so you suggest buying the skin with.....LIs ? How is that an advantage for you ?

I
think
the OP is talking about only the skin, and only to apply to WvW/PvP legendary armor. Basically as an option to "upgrade" PvP or WvW legendary armor to the PvE legendary skin, presumably for a smaller cost (either in LI or just all the other stuff) than making PvE legendary armor from scratch.

Correct

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Won't happen.

The pve legendary armor skins are tied to Herald's Envoy title which would thus become meaningless.

If Arenanet wanted to make access to the legendary armor skins easier they would have given the skins to WvW and Spvp.If the skins were priced at 25 LI per piece for first set/50 per piece for the next ones, and the ability to buy them was locked behind both the raid armor collection, and having a legendary armor piece of corresponding location and weight category, what difference would it make? You'd still need to go through all the "necessary" raid hoops, the only difference would be in non-raid related gifts.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

The pve legendary armor skins are tied to Herald's Envoy title which would thus become meaningless.

If Arenanet wanted to make access to the legendary armor skins easier they would have given the skins to WvW and Spvp.If the skins were priced at 25 LI per piece for first set/50 per piece for the next ones, and the ability to buy them was locked behind both the raid armor collection, and having a legendary armor piece of corresponding location and weight category, what difference would it make? You'd still need to go through all the "necessary" raid hoops, the only difference would be in non-raid related gifts.The difference would be that the PvE armor is way more expensive than PvP/WvW armor.PvP/WvW costs more time, PvE costs more materials.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

If Arenanet wanted to make access to the legendary armor skins easier they would have given the skins to WvW and Spvp.If the skins were priced at 25 LI per piece for first set/50 per piece for the next ones, and the ability to buy them was locked behind both the raid armor collection, and having a legendary armor piece of corresponding location and weight category, what difference would it make? You'd still need to go through all the "necessary" raid hoops, the only difference would be in non-raid related gifts.The difference would be that the PvE armor is way more expensive than PvP/WvW armor.PvP/WvW costs more time, PvE costs more materials.

The cost thing couldnt be more wrong:According to gw2 efficiency:Heavy PvE raid armorHelm 282g.

Pauldrons 282g.

Breastplate 293gGauntlets 282gLegs 288gGreaves 282g

heavy triumphant hero mistforged wvw armor:Helm 286g.

Pauldrons 285g.

Breastplate 286gGauntlets 286gLegs 286gGreaves 286g

@Voltekka.2375 said:

The cost thing couldnt be more wrong:According to gw2 efficiency:Heavy PvE raid armorHelm 282g.

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

So are you saying that getting these armor sets is just a matter of gold cost or is there also a cost in time with regards to activities you have to do in game to be able to get said armor sets?

I've never gotten involved in legendary stuff but I've come to understand that it takes a lot more time and effort to get the PvE version. Perhaps someone can comment on that.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

So are you saying that getting these armor sets is just a matter of gold cost or is there also a cost in time with regards to activities you have to do in game to be able to get said armor sets?

I've never gotten involved in legendary stuff but I've come to understand that it takes a lot more time and effort to get the PvE version. Perhaps someone can comment on that.

All legendary armors include materials that have a limit how much you can earn per week/season.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

All legendary armors include materials that have a limit how much you can earn per week/season.

I'm not talking about time gating but about time spent and effort by the player. Are you saying that both PvP/WvW and PvE Legendary armor sets require the same time spent and effort in game?

To clarify, time spent means the actual time in game it takes to do the things necessary to get somewhere and effort is about difficulty or challenge.

So considering that, if his listing is correct, the gold prices are essentially the same, are you saying that also the time spent and effort are the same for both?

@Gehenna.3625 said:

I'm not talking about time gating but about time spent and effort by the player. Are you saying that both PvP/WvW and PvE Legendary armor sets require the same time spent and effort in game?

To clarify, time spent means the actual time in game it takes to do the things necessary to get somewhere and effort is about difficulty or challenge.

So considering that, if his listing is correct, the gold prices are essentially the same, are you saying that also the time spent and effort are the same for both?

This is really hard to measure as it depends in all modes on the success you have in your PvP games, WvW pips or raid kills. My comment was aimed at the timegated stuff.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

Did you factor in the stuff you get through rewards tracks? Probably not. The earned clovers and memories of battle reduce the price significantly.

Raids drop items, also -- all of the time you're not raiding, instead of "getting all that sweet reward track loot" -- you could be farming literally any other PvE content and paying for all the Legendary Armor you could want. And many other items if you wish, since you're making 10-20x more gold than in WvW.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

This is really hard to measure as it depends in all modes on the success you have in your PvP games, WvW pips or raid kills. My comment was aimed at the timegated stuff.

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

Did you factor in the stuff you get through rewards tracks? Probably not. The earned clovers and memories of battle reduce the price significantly.

Earned memories of battle are needed to buy the precursors. They arent exactly common. Also, as far as the mystic clover thing, it is laughable to even remotely suggest that wvw reward tracks even come close to the ascended drops/minis/etc of the pve raids. Do not spread misinformation, please.

@Miellyn.6847 said:This is really hard to measure as it depends in all modes on the success you have in your PvP games, WvW pips or raid kills. My comment was aimed at the timegated stuff.Well if both armor sets are time gated and it has the same issues then it's irrelevant in the comparison because there would be little to no difference in that. At least that's what I'm understanding from what you say. The things that matter are differences of note. Or are there notable differences in time gating between the two? You mentioned seasons but I'm not sure what season have to do with raiding. I'm used to seasons only referring to PvP formats, that's why I wonder about this.

And you are right that can be tricky to measure that. The problem I often see when it comes to PvP type of activities is that PvP often rewards basically being there and participating. I'm not sure how well actually playing well is rewarded compared to just showing up and throwing yourself into the fray. But when it comes to PvP/WvW it's often a matter of time rather than effort because even if it takes you longer you don't have to do anything difficult since losing will still gain you some rewards and you'll get there in the end even if you're completely clueless. Not sure how that translates into GW2 but my assumption is that if you are terrible at PvP you can still gain the legendary armor set, it just takes you longer to get there. How much longer? No idea. But in essence it require zero skill or effort. It just requires you to show up regularly and get your participation awards.

@Miellyn.6847 said:Did you factor in the stuff you get through rewards tracks? Probably not. The earned clovers and memories of battle reduce the price significantly.And I'm glad you brought this up. I was wondering if the prices were really exactly the same. And it also goes hand in hand with the question I pose above about effort in PvP/WvW. If you get rewarded for showing up it's easy to do from an effort point of view (though it may take longer that way) and if you put in more effort to play well and get much better rewards then that reduces the time spent and cost so that means that skill can significantly reduce time spent and gold cost.

For PvE skill has a requirement for success in raiding. I'm not sure how hard the raids are here but if they do require a group to have a clue then there is the added level of failure, because failing to kill a boss normally means zero rewards, whereas in PvP you get lesser rewards but still get rewarded.

So all in all it's tricky as you say to calculate but from my limited understanding so far it does seem like the PvP/WvW would be the easier one to acquire. And if that's true then the reward for the extra effort would be the skin since for the rest they are the same in functionality. I would find it unlikely they would want to devaluate the skin by giving it another method of acquisition.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

Earned memories of battle are needed to buy the precursors. They arent exactly common. Also, as far as the mystic clover thing, it is laughable to even remotely suggest that wvw reward tracks even come close to the ascended drops/minis/etc of the pve raids. Do not spread misinformation, please.

Still, even if you take the starting point that the gold costs are roughly the same, there is still the issue of time spent and effort that have to be calculated into it. It's not like you can save like 1700-1800 gold and just straight out buy these sets I would think.

And by the way, please don't accuse people of "spreading misinformation". It's a discussion where elements are added and people can disagree on points or make mistakes or simple forgotten about something. This sort of qualification is entirely unnecessary.

Raid legendery amor requires less time and effort than wvw and pvp and also less gold since it hands you most mats for free as loot while wvw and pvp players dont play pve therefor has harder to get gold and mats so yes for li costs but only a raid reward track with li in it is added to both pvp and wvw anyone disagreeing the tracks would probly take longer. And it would be fair pvp and wvw players should have acces to same content as an high end pve player.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Earned memories of battle are needed to buy the precursors. They arent exactly common. Also, as far as the mystic clover thing, it is laughable to even remotely suggest that wvw reward tracks even come close to the ascended drops/minis/etc of the pve raids. Do not spread misinformation, please.

Those are still present in your cost calculation but essential free while you gather other things.How exactly do I get clovers through raids? WvW also has mystic coins in later pip chests. You get karma to buy obsidian shards. Nothing of this is present in raids.Yes it is not 1700 gold, but WvW armor is cheaper than raid armor. The cost calculation is just completely wrong. Maybe you should stop spreading misinformation.From a material view point WvW is very far ahead of raids.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

WvW armor is the easiest to get, effort-wise, but you get no unique legendary skin. And the time-gated tickets you earn per week (maximum 365 per week) mean a minimum of 22 weeks for a leggy set. Hours spent for those 365 tickets depend on your wvw rank.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

So are you saying that getting these armor sets is just a matter of gold cost or is there also a cost in time with regards to activities you have to do in game to be able to get said armor sets?Yes, there is a cost in time with regards to activities. In this discussion this is irrelevant, since according to the OP proposal you would have to cover that cost for
both
sets anyway (the raid "cost in time" is covered by LIs, and you'd have to spend those on the PvE skin, while also covering the full cost for the WvW armor).

I've never gotten involved in legendary stuff but I've come to understand that it takes a lot more time and effort to get the PvE version.PvE version is the fastest of the three, actually. Both in how fast you can obtain a set, and in the amount of gameplay time you have to invest. And as for effort... well, that depends on the person. For some it would be much, much more effort than in wvw, for others it would be laughably easy

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

WvW armor is the easiest to get, effort-wise, but you get no unique legendary skin. And the time-gated tickets you earn per week (maximum 365 per week) mean a minimum of 22 weeks for a leggy set. Hours spent for those 365 tickets depend on your wvw rank.

Yes that was my understanding. So the extra effort involved is rewarded with a unique skin. This would then be devaluated if you could buy it off in another way, because it's the only thing you get for the extra effort since functionally both sets are the same.

Part of that is of course that they wanted to give raiding a long term purpose which you would take away if you made the skin available in different ways.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Earned memories of battle are needed to buy the precursors. They arent exactly common. Also, as far as the mystic clover thing, it is laughable to even remotely suggest that wvw reward tracks even come close to the ascended drops/minis/etc of the pve raids. Do not spread misinformation, please.

Those are still present in your cost calculation but essential free while you gather other things.How exactly do I get clovers through raids? WvW also has mystic coins in later pip chests. You get karma to buy obsidian shards. Nothing of this is present in raids.Yes it is not 1700 gold, but WvW armor
is
cheaper than raid armor. The cost calculation is just completely wrong. Maybe you should stop spreading misinformation.From a material view point WvW is very far ahead of raids.

From a material point of view, with all drops/gold/magnetite shards/minis (which you convert to magnetite shards and those can be converted to gold quite easily) and the general overall drops of raids, it is very safe to say that PvE raids offer the most gold you can earn when making a leggy, when compared to WvW. The reward tracks are a laughable source of income when compared to raids. You tend to somehow think the WvW rewards are worthwhile (2 mystic coins from a 7.5-8 hour reward track? Really? In your PvE static group, you have finished all wings in less than half that time). I am sorry I am not buying into your arguments. Good day.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Pauldrons 282g.

Pauldrons 285g.

Yes that was my understanding. So the extra effort involved is rewarded with a unique skin. This would then be devaluated if you could buy it off in another way, because it's the only thing you get for the extra effort since functionally both sets are the same.

Part of that is of course that they wanted to give raiding a long term purpose which you would take away if you made the skin available in different ways.

The conversation was strictly about the cost. The unique skins are a different matter. Noone (including myself) suggested WvW have the PvE raid skins. The cost in gold is the same.

Archived