[Halloween Farming] Suggested Labyrinth Builds for Core, PoF, & HoT Accounts (Reddit copypasta)

/u/jnsv posted suggested builds for each & every profession/elite, so that there's something for everyone, regardless of how new or which expansions are unlocked. I recommend reading the original thread for additional ideas in the comments. Or please add ideas here, too. For those who want to make their own, here are the key goals:

• Easy to hit multiple foes (cleaving, aoe, bouncing)
  • Short cooldowns
  • High mobility
  • Lower DPS, higher durability stats, since killing slightly slower means more people can tag up the events.
Original Thread & Formatting Notes

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9odcl8/labyrinth_builds_for_every_class/

I've updated the formatting from the original, and condensed text, to make it easier to read. Engie & thief are listed first, because they come highly recommended; the rest are in alphabetical order. I've also used the following abbreviations.:skull: Core accounts ok.:heartbreak: HoT required:mrgreen: PoF required

General Ideas, Suitable for all Builds
Engineer :+1: :+1:

:skull: Flamethrower kit: the most recommended option, for both engi and lab in general.:skull: Grenade kit: slower than the flamethrower but should work.:mrgreen: Holosmith spec is the best one for bosses.

Thief :+1:

:skull: Shortbow seems to be a great option, regardless of builds.:skull: P/P for core:mrgreen: IMO Deadeye is the best due to mobility + quickness from Mark + bouncing arrow from Shortbow.:heartbreak: People seem to like staff Daredevil over DE

Elementalist

:mrgreen: Dagger/Warhorn Tempest: skill 1 for tagging and F3 at doors.:skull: D/D Air:heartbreak: Staff with Fire + Earth and Glyph of Storms can do just fine too'

Guardian

:mrgreen: Firebrand 'lootbook': F1 tome + skill 1, with Renewed Justice. Tome resets on foe death, for second best option according to most posters in the sub.:skull: Staff + Scepter/Torch running the Honor line... several large (240 radius), long ranged (1,200 range), pulsing AoE skills on fairly short cooldowns & Wall of Reflection for the candy corn boss.'

Mesmer

:mrgreen: Mirage with greatsword and sigil of stamina.:skull: GS + staff

Necromancer

:mrgreen: AoE skills are said to be good for tagging, staff seems to be the weapon option of choice.:skull: Staff, lots of AoE which should make for good tagging.:heart: ditto

Ranger

:skull: Axe + torch + traps: high cleave/aoe, traps for doors:heartbreak: Staff Druid + traps. Staff one hits aligned targets; traps for doors. Swap targets often.:skull: Longbow/Shortbow + piercing arrows trait works for tagging but is not ideal.

Revenant

:heartbreak: Using Jalis' whirling hammers for AoE damage and Shiro's speed to stay with the zerg, probably best used with a hammer for ranged AoE tagging. Mace skill 2/3 also damage multiple targets.:heartbreak: Mallyx' Unyielding Anguish, Herald Elemental Blast, Renegade Shortbow (probably better than Hammer for Labyrinth) + Citadel Bombardment + Darkrazor's Daring.

Warrior:

:skull: Longbow + Greatsword work.

Postscript

From the original poster:

Please keep in mind that this post is aimed at finding a working build for everyone, not the optimal build out of the bunch (I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that's either Flamethrower Engi, Lootbook Firebrand or SB Thief).

From experience, the best build is staff tempest.

Reasons:

1. Majority of loot comes from doors.
  2. Dozens of mobs pour out of the door all at once.
  3. Mobs die very fast from the zerg.
  4. To tag them you need multiple overlapping AoEs.
  5. Lava Font + Overload Fire + Glyph of Storms + Frost Bow + Burning Retreat + Meteor Shower = Plenty of tags
  6. Ele has plenty of cleanse and stability to resist random mobs in between doors.

Close second is Dragonhunter with lots of traps and Engi with flamethrower and bombs. Warhorn Sourge with wells might also be good. Again, keep in mind its about overlapping AoE ticks for door tags, not necessarily dps.

A lot of people think Thief is amazing for this... It's mediocre at best. Your "glorious" shortbow bounces 3 times. 3 < 5. You want a class that can tag 5 at a time at the door, and do it fast and continuously. Choking gas is okay, but after 2 or 3 of them you have to wait for initiative while the ele is still dropping nukes. Thief isn't terrible, I just think ele is better for this specific farm because of the way the mobs spawn all at once right on top of the door and die instantly.

after testing static discharge holo today, i averaged 650 bags/h with 684% MF. FT is too short range for tagging between doors, and at doors you tag as well with forge 1/mortar kit/discharges.

also, frenzy + fire sigils are the best pairing for every class

Going to test sb/staff thief next, think i was getting more per h with that last year.

I like DE with SB. I saw another thread where someone suggested using venoms (spider venom is great) for tagging istan mobs using venom share, this works great in labyrinth where theres lots of little mobs, also daggerstorm is another great skill for that. I use DE with collateral dmg/payback/bqobk SB/PP. You will reset your cooldown real fast by marking targets with the amount of enemies dying everywhere. I spec DA with mug trait to deal dmg with steal too.

After having run with several groups in the Labyrinth today, it seems to me that class and build are no longer relevant.

Each group has about a half dozen mounted players using mount attacks ahead of the commander at all times, wiping out most of the monsters before the rest of the group gets there. I'm usng one of the better builds listed above and farmed only a stack of bags in 6 hours.

I guess I will join the mount attack spammers tomorrow. What other choice do I have?

@"evilsofa.7296" said:After having run with several groups in the Labyrinth today, it seems to me that class and build are no longer relevant.

Each group has about a half dozen mounted players using mount attacks ahead of the commander at all times, wiping out most of the monsters before the rest of the group gets there. I'm usng one of the better builds listed above and farmed only a stack of bags in 6 hours.

I guess I will join the mount attack spammers tomorrow. What other choice do I have?

Are you in a squad? Is the commander waiting at each door for everyone to arrive? Are they zigging & zagging through the maze between doors? If they aren't, change maps.

Do you have MF find food & oils up? Plus other buffs (bartender, boosters, enrichment)? If not, try adding that.Regardless of build, if you aren't tagging foes with aoe damage and cleaves, then you'll get less bags no matter what other people are doing.

• Rule of thumb: count your ToTs before you start, add your oils & foods. When the 30 minutes runs out, count your ToTs. If you don't have "lots," then use LFG to find a different map. Swap tactics or builds or characters if you have to. Don't go for 6 hours being frustrated — farming might not be interesting, but it shouldn't make you angry.
  • How many is "lots"? 50 is minimum as you're learning; 100 minimum once you get the hang of things.
  • Why those numbers? At ~7s/ToT, a stack is worth ~18 gold before Gnashblade takes his cut, which requires earning 125 per half hour. 18g/hour is fine; under 7g/hour means you could be doing lots of other things instead, which are more fun and equally lucrative.

@"Xenon.4537" said:From experience, the best build is staff tempest.

Reasons:

1. Majority of loot comes from doors.
  2. Dozens of mobs pour out of the door all at once.
  3. Mobs die very fast from the zerg.
  4. To tag them you need multiple overlapping AoEs.
  5. Lava Font + Overload Fire + Glyph of Storms + Frost Bow + Burning Retreat + Meteor Shower = Plenty of tags
  6. Ele has plenty of cleanse and stability to resist random mobs in between doors.

Close second is Dragonhunter with lots of traps and Engi with flamethrower and bombs. Warhorn Sourge with wells might also be good. Again, keep in mind its about overlapping AoE ticks for door tags, not necessarily dps.

A lot of people think Thief is amazing for this... It's mediocre at best. Your "glorious" shortbow bounces 3 times. 3 < 5. You want a class that can tag 5 at a time at the door, and do it fast and continuously. Choking gas is okay, but after 2 or 3 of them you have to wait for initiative while the ele is still dropping nukes. Thief isn't terrible, I just think ele is better for this specific farm because of the way the mobs spawn all at once right on top of the door and die instantly.

The key for thief is to use shortbow 2 cluster bomb and detonate it mid air. Detonate creates 4 bombs, each of which can hit 3 targets and its very spammable.

Archived