Soulbeast WvW build?

shadowjettj.7951

Hello!

Some weeks ago I actually made a build, with a little help from my stream (well, the build was here before to be honest here) and I am happy to share it with you.Basically it is the Boonbeast build from pvp, which is the best ranger build right now but with a few differences ofc:

The Build:Wilderness Survival: Top Mid MidNature Magic: Top Bot MidSoulbeast: Top Top(/Mid if you dont feel like there is a lot of condi roamers) MidWeapons:Axe Warhorn - Sigil of Agility and EnergySword Axe/Dagger - Sigil of Stars and Battle/Energy

Armor, Trinkets:Full Celestial (If you can't effort then try a combination of Power, Precision, Ferocity, Toughness, Vitality, until you have that gear together)Rune: Durability

Utilities:Troll Unguent - Moa Stance - Dolyak Stance - Quickening Zephyr - One Wolf PackPets:Smokescale/Siamoth - Owl

Bufffood:Birthday Blaster (only lasts 10 min but the other celestial stat bufffood costs 50silver/30min), others: maybe something with power + X - some food with power %Infusions:Full Power

If you don't like this build, you can always roam with power soulbeast (for build check metabattle)When it comes to pure condition builds there is only 1 answer: They will always be bad compared to the power builds, but with the cele boonbeast you have at least some condi dmg, if thats important to you

Have FunTreesixty

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:Hello!

Some weeks ago I actually made a build, with a little help from my stream (well, the build was here before to be honest here) and I am happy to share it with you.Basically it is the Boonbeast build from pvp, which is the best ranger build right now but with a few differences ofc:

The Build:Wilderness Survival: Top Mid MidNature Magic: Top Bot MidSoulbeast: Top Top(/Mid if you dont feel like there is a lot of condi roamers) MidWeapons:Axe Warhorn - Sigil of Agility and EnergySword Axe/Dagger - Sigil of Stars and Battle/Energy

Armor, Trinkets:Full Celestial (If you can't effort then try a combination of Power, Precision, Ferocity, Toughness, Vitality, until you have that gear together)Rune: Durability

Utilities:Troll Unguent - Moa Stance - Dolyak Stance - Quickening Zephyr - One Wolf PackPets:Smokescale/Siamoth - Owl

Bufffood:Birthday Blaster (only lasts 10 min but the other celestial stat bufffood costs 50silver/30min), others: maybe something with power + X - some food with power %Infusions:Full Power

If you don't like this build, you can always roam with power soulbeast (for build check metabattle)When it comes to pure condition builds there is only 1 answer: They will always be bad compared to the power builds, but with the cele boonbeast you have at least some condi dmg, if thats important to you

Have FunTreesixty

The idea of this build running celestial is pretty cool.But while general roaming you need burst, this build has zero burst, even less than the boonbeast pvp version since you run celestial.

Of course you will be almost unkillable even in 1vs2 scenarios, but people can simply avoid you and reset the fight as they please.

For example finding a lot of thieves and mesmers around it feels so good to land a CC into wordly impact or gs2 and see them dying or almost dying, than switch to longbow rapid fire, goodbye.

With your build the fight will be almost endless and they are able to kite and heal back no problem, and if they are in trouble they can reset easily the fight.

It's a very similar build to druid, it has no burst but long sustained damage over time.

In my opinion you will never be able to kill good holos, to kill an holo you need burst damage, sustained damage against them will be outsustained by their heals.

With this build you will be able as I said to hold even 2 people probably, but you won't win outnumbers probably.

I prefer the standard gs lb with owl and smokescale mara/zerk build.

But if you have some videos or something to say it's all well accepted, I might be completely wrong on this :)

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:Hello!

Have FunTreesixty

If you do not mind me asking, how well did this preform? Also I have never used a pure melee ranger before, so is it hard to get up-close to ranged opponents?

Hey guys there have been a lot of these wvw roaming threads lately. could you perhaps read those instead of posting new threads all the time? those of us who like to help can't keep posting our builds every time someone makes a new wvw roaming build request :)

@shadowjettj.7951 said:Thanks for all the help guys! one more question, do I need to have ascended gear to make these builds effective?

I think at least ascended trinkets and weapons are mandatory, getting ascended trinkets it's easy especially through pvp and you can change the stats easily. Then work on the weapons and finally piece by piece of armor.

But to begin win you can get away with exotic stuffs.

@"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:Hello!

Some weeks ago I actually made a build, with a little help from my stream (well, the build was here before to be honest here) and I am happy to share it with you.Basically it is the Boonbeast build from pvp, which is the best ranger build right now but with a few differences ofc:If you don't like this build, you can always roam with power soulbeast (for build check metabattle)When it comes to pure condition builds there is only 1 answer: They will always be bad compared to the power builds, but with the cele boonbeast you have at least some condi dmg, if thats important to you

Have FunTreesixty

I put all of that into a build editor for you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHhxG1JhKQJLYDvgHvALvYZSwyzt/2jbTA4xNBcicXuMXJOsI-jFyHQBhb/h5oEEAnEgv9AAWiyvEp+zLPCAuR/w6gBgpUKBzMzMNyMzMzMTpA2amG-w

Hopefully this makes it easier for people to view.

Archived