So.. when is condi mirage getting a nerf?

Silence.3702

It's not. If they were going to nerf it more than the tiny slap on the wrist that it got, they would have done it in the last patch.

My bet is that either spellbreaker, deadeye, or holosmith will be completely gutted next, since those are the ones that the mesmer mains cry about the most. The one mes main even cried about dragonhunter, so maybe that'll be the next big nerf. ?

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:whats the problem this time ^^ ?Isnt always been a problem existance of mirage itself? What else?

I wanna hear specific problems. How would u nerf it?

Specif problems are still the easy mode and low risk of landing the combo condi burst which is even more braindead than scourge, with few effort you flood the opponent in less than 3 seconds with 15 to 20 stacks confusion plus torment plus all the other cover condis.

On top of that the burst is on so low cd and you can chain even 10 evades while pressuring your opponent, that's the problem.

You need zero setup, but rotation combo.

Low risk high reward, no profession has that many cleanses to win a fight against a crazy good mirage.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:whats the problem this time ^^ ?Isnt always been a problem existance of mirage itself? What else?

I wanna hear specific problems. How would u nerf it?Biggest problem of every single person NOW is 'dodge in cc' but w/o its thats a hollow spec . Remove it and u will see mirage population go down and chrono would arise again :)

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Specif problems are still the easy mode and low risk of landing the combo condi burst which is even more braindead than scourge, with few effort you flood the opponent in less than 3 seconds with 15 to 20 stacks confusion plus torment plus all the other cover condis.

On top of that the burst is on so low cd and you can chain even 10 evades while pressuring your opponent, that's the problem.

Low risk high reward, no profession has that many cleanses to win a fight against a crazy good mirage.

That doesn't really answer his question now, does it?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. This low risk high reward bullshit is always repeated and IS ALWAYS FALSE. There is zero correlation between how easy or difficult a to play build or how it performs against the uneducated masses on overall class balance. In fact, how anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

Class balance is performed based on how adequately skills players can perform. Builds are balanced around objectives. So what is mirage objectives you may ask? High mobility build that counters primarily other high mobility builds (particularly ones without strong condi removal). The build also provides a team wide mobility and a decent plus with good CC capability.

Does mirage achieve its objectives? Yes it does. Is it over achieving? No. In fact, if you take portal out (team mobility support) it is outclassed by most other high mobility builds in achieving its objectives.

The idea it is god mode duilest and unkillable is urban myth, the is constantly repeated by inexperienced players struggling against a highly deceptive build. And power mirage, as balance currently stands, is better than Condi Mirage. It is more mobile and has much better +1 capabilities.

While I think the last nerf to power Mesmer was right on the money, the last 2 patch nerfs to Condi Mirage were unwarranted.

@otto.5684 said:

This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. This low risk high reward kitten is always repeated and IS ALWAYS FALSE. There is zero correlation between how easy or difficult a to play build or how it performs against the uneducated masses on overall class balance. In fact I would say go anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

Class balance is performed based on how adequately skills players can perform. Builds are balanced around objectives. So what is mirage objectives you may ask? High mobility build that counters primarily other high mobility builds (particularly ones without strong condi removal). The build also provides a team wide mobility and a decent plus with good CC capability.

Does mirage achieve its objectives? Yes it does. Is it over achieving? No. In fact, if you take portal out (team mobility support) it is outclassed by most other high mobility builds in achieving its objectives.

The idea it is god mode duilest and unkillable is urban myth of inexperienced players struggling against a highly deceptive build. And honestly, I think power mirage, as balance currently stands, is better than Condi Mirage. It is more mobile and has much better +1 capabilities.

While I think the last nerf to power Mesmer was right on the money, the last 2 patch nerfs to Condi Mirage were unwarranted.

memser main detected

@Kako.1930 said:It's not. If they were going to nerf it more than the tiny slap on the wrist that it got, they would have done it in the last patch.

My bet is that either spellbreaker, deadeye, or holosmith will be completely gutted next, since those are the ones that the mesmer mains cry about the most. The one mes main even cried about dragonhunter, so maybe that'll be the next big nerf. ?

Mesmers are kinda getting nerfed every patch, but I will tell you this from a wvw player, mesmers are on the op side but stop pretending that those classes are not broken please.the only okayish one form those you mentioned is the DH, the rest are op and you can add to them ranger's elite specs and firebrand also and some other thief build.

and if you are wondering why I am on spvp forums and not wvw is coz any change they make to spvp will affect wvw =)And sometimes some issues comes from a set of stats just saying ..

H> @Silence.3702 said:

This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. This low risk high reward kitten is always repeated and IS ALWAYS FALSE. There is zero correlation between how easy or difficult a to play build or how it performs against the uneducated masses on overall class balance. In fact I would say go anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

The idea it is god mode duilest and unkillable is urban myth of inexperienced players struggling against a highly deceptive build. And honestly, I think power mirage, as balance currently stands, is better than Condi Mirage. It is more mobile and has much better +1 capabilities.

memser main detected

Guardian main and I play only guardian, warrior and rev in sPvP. Just cuz you do not know what you are doing it is not a game balance problem.

@otto.5684 said:This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. In fact, how anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

This is blatantly wrong. Trapper DH from many seasons ago says hi. It was pathetically bad in higher tiers and yet it was nerfed a gazillion times by ANET due to all the crying from low tiers players getting stomped by Trapper DHs. So im very sorry but you are 100% wrong here.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@otto.5684 said:This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. In fact, how anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

This is blatantly wrong. Trapper DH from many seasons ago says hi. It was pathetically bad in higher tiers and yet it was nerfed a gazillion times by ANET due to all the crying from low tiers players getting stomped by Trapper DHs. So im very sorry but you are 100% wrong here.

You are 100% wrong. DH at release was not only top tier, it was seriously over powered. It became bad after Anet nerfed the daze, virtues and LB damage. If they return LB damage, buff virtues to where the were and the return the daze on traps, it will be broken now as it was broken then.

Also, the devs make changes to broken mechanics, even if the build is not great. Even when DH was out of the meta after multiple nerfs, the devs still removed the daze from the traps cuz it was terrible design. There is not any similarly broken design for Mesmer.

Btw, I am in favor of removing the dodge while CCed from mirage, but this is far from DH daze on traps.

@Daishi.6027 said:Probably after you guys learn to dodge shatters, then they’ll know how.

Honestly though, even then they will probably just nerf power more.

Dude, if people aren't able to Dodge Holosmiths photoforge skills even though they are one of the most telegraphed in the game then how are you going to expect people to dodge instant aoe shatters? Never going to happen XD

@Daishi.6027 said:Probably after you guys learn to dodge shatters, then they’ll know how.

Only thing that needs addressed on mirage is dodge while stunned. But that would require a rework of the entire specialization. So it either won't happen. Or it will happen in such a crappy way that the spec will be deleted from the game the way mesmers were for a couple of years before HOT launch.

@Bossun.2046 said:

Dude, if people aren't able to Dodge Holosmiths photoforge skills even though they are one of the most telegraphed in the game then how are you going to expect people to dodge instant aoe shatters? Never going to happen XD

I mean... it’s only ever instant if they let it be, AI running at you is much easier to manage if you avoid being sourrounded and keep moving.... but I do see your point lol. xD

@otto.5684 said:

This is pure example of how little people understand how class balance works. This low risk high reward kitten is always repeated and IS ALWAYS FALSE. There is zero correlation between how easy or difficult a to play build or how it performs against the uneducated masses on overall class balance. In fact, how anything performs below platinum games is as irrelevant as it gets to class balance.

The idea it is god mode duilest and unkillable is urban myth, the is constantly repeated by inexperienced players struggling against a highly deceptive build. And power mirage, as balance currently stands, is better than Condi Mirage. It is more mobile and has much better +1 capabilities.

This is a perfect example how people still try to defend such a cancerous and lame build.

In the hand of a noob you can kill even better players than you.

In the hand of a good player, you die only if you wanna die.

Stop defending this abomination please.

And it's not a l2p issue, this profession has seriously too much.

And yes it's low risk high reward.

Power mirage at least is more risky to use and you opponent can dodge properly to remain 100% health, against condi mirage dodging and cleanses are not enough to survive, you win only if the enemy makes a series of mistakes.

@jportell.2197 said:

Only thing that needs addressed on mirage is dodge while stunned. But that would require a rework of the entire specialization. So it either won't happen. Or it will happen in such a crappy way that the spec will be deleted from the game the way mesmers were for a couple of years before HOT launch.

Eh idk, they could reign in the over all output, and the synergy with blinds.The output is kind of on par with the power creep though, and it’s not unmanageable. Can beat a Condi Mirage by just dodging well. Realistically it will eventually get a nerf when everything is culled, but when everyone is arguing with hyperbole we get nerfs to jaunts and vigor :/ (when S/D thief exists lol)

Dodging when stunned is more or less fine when you consider how every other class has an easy, and frequent response to stuns, or an abundance of stability.

@whoknocks.4935 said:This is a perfect example how people still try to defend such a cancerous and lame build.

In the hand of a noob you can kill even better players than you.

In the hand of a good player, you die only if you wanna die.

Stop defending this abomination please.

And it's not a l2p issue, this profession has seriously too much.

And yes it's low risk high reward.

Power mirage at least is more risky to use and you opponent can dodge properly to remain 100% health, against condi mirage dodging and cleanses are not enough to survive, you win only if the enemy makes a series of mistakes.

And you don't play this abomination because you are too strong and you aren't in leaderboard because of matchmaking, that's right ?And everyone is in this case that's why there is not 25% mirage on leaderboard, that's it ?

@Silence.3702 said:memser main detected

Casual player who want to rollface everythings easily detected.

@viquing.8254 said:

And everyone is in this case that's why there is not 25% mirage on leaderboard, that's it ?

Why everyone say this stupid BS all the time? Why not 50% are scourge why not 50% is not holo bla bla bla bla bla.

So why every single match even in higher league is a damn double mesmer per team?

And trust me it's full of players who achieve top 250 with condi mirage when they never achieved it before, should mean something.

You just wanna defend your precious profession and don't even have a bit of honesty.

Archived