I made my very first PvP video, hopefully it's helpful!

Anodic.6712

I can only give feedback on the first match.

You use about face which is good for skills like Withdraw and Roll for Initiative. You focus on killing the thief first since he's a deadeye which is good.

02:10 - don't spam Flanking Strike. Look just how much initiative you wasted just trying to hit the deadeye with it. It's not worth it and it's much better to auto attack the thief. Only use Flanking Strike if you know you can hit it, teleport back, use Infiltrator's Strike again and you can safely land your Larcenous Strike to deal a lot of damage.

02:20 - if you see a downed enemy in a team fight, switch to the shortbow and use Choking Gas (shortbow 4) on the downed enemy. This is important because not only do you apply poison on multiple enemies, making rallying more difficult, but you also interrupt rallies.

02:30 - you clicked on the necromancer. Not sure if it was because you wanted to target the necromancer or because you don't tab target. Then I checked 03:28, then I realized that you prefer clicking on enemies rather than tab targeting. Either that or you don't have a "target closest enemy" keybind.

04:28-04:44 - never ever do this. If a necromancer or any tanky profession joins in the team fight, your ally is downed and you have low health, get out. It's not worth it especially with support professions like firebrand who can rally people faster thanks to their increased rallying speed and blood necromancers. Also never switch away from the shortbow to s/d when you know you've lost that capture point and that team fight.

05:58-06:01 - use Withdraw before you chase down a target. You're very squishy and you could have died from the target you're chasing which was the mirage.

06:32-06:44 - what were you thinking? You wasted a stun breaker despite not being stunned and had plentiful amount of initiative, yet you stayed in the open making yourself an easier target for the deadeye. Line of sight is your best friend to countering ranged professions and never fight professions with high health like necromancer or firebrands.

07:38 - you had an opportunity to buff your ally with Basilisk Venom. Even though it means that you're not attacking the necromancer and it can sometimes be risky, you could have CC'd the necromancer to death.

You're a solid thief, just be quicker with what you're doing or have faster reflexes, outnumber fights, focus crucial targets or any low health target, take the opinions I gave you in those time stamps into consideration and learn from them.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Why do you use core and not daredevil to get 3 dodges? I know like nothing of thf is why i ask...im guessing the answer is build related.

If your wondering why it’s core over daredevil, it’s because acrobatics replaces DD, but with the added addition that you can steal twice, which is strong,

It should be noted that thief is no longer meta tier.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Why do you use core and not daredevil to get 3 dodges? I know like nothing of thf is why i ask...im guessing the answer is build related.

There isn't really any thing on daredevil that replaces acro as far as s/d goes. 1 could argue about taking bandits defence but apart from that I don't see anything else, besides 10% dmg on sword and steal CD reduction is in acro.

Archived