Next nerf xD

Zero.3871

NecromancerSpiteful Spirit: The area-of-effect damage inflicted by this trait has been split and will now use a 50% reduced value in PvP and WvW.

funny to see Warriors, and rangers, and every fucking braindead invul Auto spam cast class remains like they are and everything on necro gets nerfed. nice anet. great imcompetence shown here again...double Standards confirmed.

I cant understand the reason behind this change I suppose because if offers moderate instant burst + boon conversation with a 2x as manny boons getting hit under a certain health percentage which can be devastating under some situations.

Although its generally the best pvp option which might be why. Perhaps they wanted to make its weight closer to the other grand master 2 trait options. So rather than boosting the other 2 traits they dropped this one down to match them.

I don't know.

I don't think it will change too much you lose from upfront burst damage but overall its still the best spite grandmaster you can take and people will still continue to take it if not any thing for the instant boon converts and punishment.

Cant really complain too much with all the buffs that have hit core necro recently this change is not all that bad Its better they nip small things like this that people will undoubtedly still use to balance things out before they start reverting more recent changes which would be undoubtedly much worse and far more devastating. I doubt that people will notice the the strike reduction too much as this trait acts as more utility against boon'ed foes more than a major spike of damage.

There are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 other broken things yet they nerf one perfectly normal, noeone even complained about.Naaah dont nerf OP quickness reaper just got nahhh why, nerf just something else random that also affect other non reaper build that have nothing to do to deserve this. NO words for this logic ....

@Helly.2597 said:I don't really understand this nerf. I don't think the dmg is what makes this trait strong. It already has competition with the +20% dmg trait. But hey I'm sure anet knows what's best for their game kappa.

Another random necro nerf, while noone was complaining about that trait.

Guess we can only hope for rework or buff in next patch. That should be around beginning of november right? As PvP season ends October 23th

@Helly.2597 said:I don't really understand this nerf. I don't think the dmg is what makes this trait strong. It already has competition with the +20% dmg trait. But hey I'm sure anet knows what's best for their game kappa.

I dont think the damage alone made it strong, i feel like it was more to do with the utility it also provides & and i dont think it was anywhere near the same weight of Close to death or Signets of suffering in pvp modes.

Infact in pvp this grand master in spite heavily outweighs the other 2 choices for several good reasons. The 20% damage boost is not very noticeable under 50% on pvp foes not to mention its not un common for alot of professions to out evade or avoid necors damage keeping their health high for some time. The main negative to this trait is that you get 0 benefit from it till your foe hits 50% and usually if you can get them to 50% without the trait you can kill them regardless. Extra damage does not make it anywhere near significantly easier at that point.

Signets of suffering is only for those who use signets and considering the majority of the community hates each signet in one way or another most people don't consider them viable to very many builds and this is likely their biggest drawback in pvp. This makes the Signet trait have even less weight than Close to Death in its current form.

Then you have Spiteful Spirit

• Has use all times regardless of your foes hp percentage unlike close to death
  • Has bonus use under certain hp percentage
  • Moderate extra splash damage on shroud entry with boon conversion providing more utility for all the boon based builds in the game right now
  • Fits into a wide verity of builds and almost always provides a benefit for those builds unlike signet builds

In all realistic and honest sensibility Spiteful Spirit easily out weighs the other 2 traits in pvp.It fits well in almost any build, can be used at all points of a fight not just under 50%, provides boon conversion which aids as a important part of necromancer efficiency as well as necromancer sustain ideally this trait was (excuse me) still is the best pvp grandmaster you can take in spite.

In pve the roles get reversed however Close to death easily out weighs Spiteful spirt and even Signets of suffering can be of more use than Spiteful Spirit

Once again i dont under stand the reason for such a heavy nerf considering all the other crazy things in the game right now, but i don't agree with the idea that this trait really competed with the other 2 traits in pvp because it really didn't because it was a no brainer choice to grab unless you were going for something out of the box.It also was not purely good based on only its damage which is why I think people will continue to use it even after this nerf.

Spiteful Spirit was one of the very few reliable damage sources necro had. No face target required, no cast time. The spec became more clunky today. We needed shroud burst because everything else is unreliable.

I did never ask for a buff on reaper's onslaught. I have no use for this trait. It's trash in pvp - now even more as it's damage/sustain ratio got even worse after the recent proc nerfs.

Btw.: we are heaving a hard time now to destroy mesmer clones. This is the biggest impact! SS now hits for 2k crit damage on a target with 25 vulnerability. Laughable.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

I dont think the damage alone made it strong, i feel like it was more to do with the utility it also provides & and i dont think it was anywhere near the same weight of Close to death or Signets of suffering in pvp modes.

Infact in pvp this grand master in spite heavily outweighs the other 2 choices for several good reasons. The 20% damage boost is not very noticeable under 50% on pvp foes not to mention its not un common for alot of professions to out evade or avoid necors damage keeping their health high for some time. The main negative to this trait is that you get 0 benefit from it till your foe hits 50% and usually if you can get them to 50% without the trait you can kill them regardless. Extra damage does not make it anywhere near significantly easier at that point.

Signets of suffering is only for those who use signets and considering the majority of the community hates each signet in one way or another most people don't consider them viable to very many builds and this is likely their biggest drawback in pvp. This makes the Signet trait have even less weight than Close to Death in its current form.

• Moderate extra splash damage on shroud entry with boon conversion providing more utility for all the boon based builds in the game right now
  • Fits into a wide verity of builds and almost always provides a benefit for those builds unlike signet builds

In all realistic and honest sensibility Spiteful Spirit easily out weighs the other 2 traits in pvp.It fits well in almost any build, can be used at all points of a fight not just under 50%, provides boon conversion which aids as a important part of necromancer efficiency as well as necromancer sustain ideally this trait was (excuse me) still is the best pvp grandmaster you can take in spite.

In pve the roles get reversed however Close to death easily out weighs Spiteful spirt and even Signets of suffering can be of more use than Spiteful Spirit

Once again i dont under stand the reason for such a heavy nerf considering all the other crazy things in the game right now, but i don't agree with the idea that this trait really competed with the other 2 traits in pvp because it really didn't because it was a no brainer choice to grab unless you were going for something out of the box.It also was not purely good based on only its damage which is why I think people will continue to use it even after this nerf.

I won't disagree with your assessment here. The nerf isn't going to make people not take it (since it was never about the dmg).

PvP wise its definitely the stronger trait, but WvW close to death is a viable choice for power scourge since you won't always be close enough to hit people with your entry and the longer shroud CD. Personally I roam so I always take spiteful but I can understand why a large portion of scourges wouldn't take it for group play.

@ZDragon.3046 said:I cant understand the reason behind this change I suppose because if offers moderate instant burst + boon conversation with a 2x as manny boons getting hit under a certain health percentage which can be devastating under some situations.

Although its generally the best pvp option which might be why. Perhaps they wanted to make its weight closer to the other grand master 2 trait options. So rather than boosting the other 2 traits they dropped this one down to match them.

I don't know.

I don't think it will change too much you lose from upfront burst damage but overall its still the best spite grandmaster you can take and people will still continue to take it if not any thing for the instant boon converts and punishment.

Cant really complain too much with all the buffs that have hit core necro recently this change is not all that bad Its better they nip small things like this that people will undoubtedly still use to balance things out before they start reverting more recent changes which would be undoubtedly much worse and far more devastating. I doubt that people will notice the the strike reduction too much as this trait acts as more utility against boon'ed foes more than a major spike of damage.

Agree +1

@Helly.2597 said:

I won't disagree with your assessment here. The nerf isn't going to make people not take it (since it was never about the dmg).

PvP wise its definitely the stronger trait, but WvW close to death is a viable choice for power scourge since you won't always be close enough to hit people with your entry and the longer shroud CD. Personally I roam so I always take spiteful but I can understand why a large portion of scourges wouldn't take it for group play.

To be fair power scourge is by all means an "out of the box" idea created from the results of many many nerfs, but it works in some situations apparently XD

Archived