How can a F2P Player get Access to Halloween events when under lvl 30?

Dschromm.1673

@rdfaye.4368 said:I don't remember the FTP restrictions, but if he has to level, using any xp boosters he has will really speed that up. A limited time xp booster can be purchased for 1 laurel at the vendor.

FTP can't enter main cities (or even leave starter maps) until lvl 10, and can't enter LA until lvl 30.Also, they don't get login rewards, so they don't really get laurels, even when they can enter cities to reach the vendor.

@Dschromm.1673 said:So Leveling is his only Option? That sucks... he doesn't have much time to play per day

There was a patch note that a lot of festival stuff was added just outside the cities. I haven't been in game yet to see for myself, but check it out!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:There was a patch note that a lot of festival stuff was added just outside the cities. I haven't been in game yet to see for myself, but check it out!

Example: pumpkin carving in the countryside outside major cities (Shaemoor part of Queensdale, the minivillage at the bottom of the Issnur steps in Wayfarer Foothills, Astorea in Caledon Forest, etc.).

@"Urud.4925" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion%27s_Arch and https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307 say after lv35. Did they change it? (I didn't try with a free account)Anyway, the festival ends in 3 weeks, there's definitely time to gain 30 levels, especially if he plays with you.

They didn't change it. There's a guild portal in the guild hall that will take people direction to the trader's forum in Lion's Arch. It works with free accounts no matter what level you are. It's a loophole. But someone in the guild with permissions has to open the portal for them, since they won't be able to use it. They won't be able to go there by waypoint or through an Asuran gate, but I've tested the guild portal and it works.

Yeah I know the portal in the guild hall (I guess the one in WvW is locked to free accounts under lv30 or 35, since it's a gate). My question was because I've read here saying that normally the access is locked until lv30, while in those webpages it says until lv35. Levelling normally I mean, not using portals/shortcuts.EDIT: correct myself... never mind, apparently WvW even unlocks at lv60. Good to know that the guild hall shortcut works.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"Urud.4925" said:
and
say after lv35. Did they change it? (I didn't try with a free account)Anyway, the festival ends in 3 weeks, there's definitely time to gain 30 levels, especially if he plays with you.

They didn't change it. There's a guild portal in the guild hall that will take people direction to the trader's forum in Lion's Arch. It works with free accounts no matter what level you are. It's a loophole. But someone in the guild with permissions has to open the portal for them, since they won't be able to use it. They won't be able to go there by waypoint or through an Asuran gate, but I've tested the guild portal and it works.

Cool! Once unlocked, can they get back there by WPs or do they need the GH portal then too?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Urud.4925" said:
and
say after lv35. Did they change it? (I didn't try with a free account)Anyway, the festival ends in 3 weeks, there's definitely time to gain 30 levels, especially if he plays with you.

Cool! Once unlocked, can they get back there by WPs or do they need the GH portal then too?

Pretty sure someone would have to open it for them. But since pretty much anyone can use the portal in my guild, if someone were in a guild with a friend, and they were playing together, that would make it easy for them to stay together.

I should add the guild portal isn't an automatic feature of guilds, guilds get it while leveling and choosing features to upgrade in their hall. A new low level guild may not have a guild portal at all. Mostly we use it when guild missions are on, because the second tab takes us to the missions, but we also use it to get new characters around to areas without running to them (it's random which guild missions are up but it helps unlock waypoints) and to get new characters to Lion's Arch.

Keep in mind that in the starter areas, there are doors to the Mad King's Labyrinth so your friend may not be able to get to LA but can go into the Mad King zones with you. Whether there is a level restriction on that I don't know but I would imagine it is at least 10. I did see someone in LA at level 16 tonight but they likely had a paid account but it is possible to at least do the festival via the doors in the started zones.

Archived