Winds of Disenchantment change, confusing description?

Arctisavange.7261

English isnt my main language but im fairly okay at it.Now looking at the latest patch notes i read changes about winds and the wording regarding the skill change is confusing as hell to me.Heres the sentence im talking about: "This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1."

"This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast" - Okay this part seems very clear to me.

" Instead, every second after casting" - I understand this part too and im now waiting to continue reading when it will start pulsing.

"the total number of pulses is reduced by 1" - Wait what? When will it start pulsing? After 1 second it has been casted? But it doesnt say it anywhere. If it does then should the entire description be something like "This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, the pulsing will start 1 second after the skill has been casted"

Little help for dummies like me please as i can understand what was typed here.

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:English isnt my main language but im fairly okay at it.Now looking at the latest patch notes i read changes about winds and the wording regarding the skill change is confusing as hell to me.Heres the sentence im talking about: "This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1."

"This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast" - Okay this part seems very clear to me.

" Instead, every second after casting" - I understand this part too and im now waiting to continue reading when it will start pulsing.

"the total number of pulses is reduced by 1" - Wait what? When will it start pulsing? After 1 second it has been casted? But it doesnt say it anywhere. If it does then should the entire description be something like "This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, the pulsing will start 1 second after the skill has been casted"

Little help for dummies like me please as i can understand what was typed here.

But... you just described exactly how it work :/

It no longer pulses the instant it's cast, which previously was 10s duration of 10 pulses.It pulses every second after casting, ie while it last 10s it only does 9 pulses.Ergo the total number of pulses has been reduced by 1.

For WvW its 4 pulses over 5 seconds.

It's the "every second, the total number of pulses is reduced" part that sounds weird, even to native speakers. It actually doesn't make any sense unless I'm completely misunderstanding it. It seems like maybe they edited the description at one point and left some sentence fragments in the wrong places.

Archived