No Quarter

alejandro.2093

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:Since almost all professions/classes grandmaster they have 300 ferocity modifier,

It is time for a net devs to change our 250 ferocity modifier to 300 as well.

Other classes have theirs more potent than ours.

Ours have perma Fury also, and chance to combo it with other trait for might generation.

@foste.3098 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:all the other classes have some form of invulnerability at 50% healththieves have one as well, in fact it is better than other classes' versions of the '50% save me trait' because you are immune to all incoming damage as oppose to just power or condi

Are you thinking about Instant Reflexes?

No, it just protects you against attacks. It's a 2-second Evade. If someone condi'd you down to 50%, it will only prevent more conditions from being applied to you. Those already on you will keep ticking. Pain Response is on the other side of the spectrum, removes conditions at 75% health, but doesn't do squat against Power. You can't pick both.

Both are nice. I prefer Pain Response because frankly, Thief has enough evades to make do.

@"TwiceDead.1963" said:Thieves hit harder in general though... There's a reason all the other classes have some form of invulnerability at 50% health, it's to prevent the asinine burst potential of thief ganks. Used to be just Thieves, but Arcane Thieves (mesmers) have also taken up the mantle.

Tdlr: you are completely right if you are in PVE or WvW with WvW being a 1 shot cheese build but completely wrong in a spvp context.

Where did you read that thief hits harder in general? It hits the least unless you go glass which makes it useless outside wvw. If you play pvp you would knows it's the weakest 1v1 class. It's main role is not to fight but to run and decap and +1 because u can't actually beat anything yourself.

If you are in wvw and you get 1 shot which is probably what happen to u judging by your thinking that it hits hardest. U r not dealing with a regular thief u r dealing with a back stab deadeye that is full zerk and geared towards 1 shot with all traits and armor built for it. I.e critial strikes assassin signet full zerk gear. It's basically a 1 shot gimmick that can't be used again till all skills recharge.

A normal core thief "good build" on meta bate which what is what every one in pvp uses. S/d hits 1k to 1.5 k crit. The highest being 2.7 with crit. It is the weakest of all the meta builds.

When I play gurdian. Whirling wraith hits 5 to 7 to 9 k in 1 hit the combines dmg being some where between 12k. Hammer does some 7k on skill 2. Holo mode auto attack hits 2-3 skill 3 being 7k. Mesmer Condi hits 10k in a few seconds, hundred blades warrior after bulls charge hit for some insane 15k. I could name every single class but u need to make a thief n hit a dummie and count the dmg. The fact that u think thief hit harder in general is completely obscene

A dagger pistol thief hits 500 dmg.. on auto attack. It's like it tickled some one. Literally look on every thing guide. It will tell u thief cannot 1v1 anything in spvp.

Edit: I forgot to include pve. In which case you are completely right if a thief goes full zerk backstab. It is one of the highest due to it the nature of full zerk build and raid buffs.

Archived