Better Hairstyles/ Customization please [Merged]

Chasind.3128

Hello!Another patch with yet another mount skin but no new Character Customization options

Things most of us would like to see in regards to cosmetics added to the makeover options:Long Hair for All RacesNo Anime Styles. (No Hime Cut, No Saiyan Hair, No Stiff ponytails)Good Beards & Facial HairMore Racially specific Options (Nordic braids for Norn, European Curls for Humans. No lazy cross-overs)Guild Wars 1 Hairstyles. (They have some really great styles to choose from)More TattoosAsura Ear Options (I want my female asura to have large, clipped ears like the male asura do tbh)Two Different Eye colorsScarsBetter original faces. No reskin of the same face that has lipstick or whatever.Add makeup/ choose makeup colorMore muscular body types for all races

Yea, they've really been lacking in this department for a long time. I'll be very disappointed once again if that when and IF we ever get cosmetics again- that it's just another hair swap.I'd love some completely new hairstyles that are unique to race and gender, im not a fan of hair swapping or unisex hair unless it's Asuran/Charr.Definitely more option to play with in the kit- Maybe new faces that offer heterochromia. female Asura ears that are torn/worn.

most likely during expansions

Far Shiverpeak = new Norn customisationsBlood Legion Homeland = new Charr customisationsRediscovering populous of Rata Novus = new Asura customisationsMalyck's 'pale tree' = new Sylvari customisations

as with human... there are plenty of existing assets they can pull in from GW2 Chinese client

Can we have more beautiful (really!) long hair for male characters? Females have so many but there aren't many good options for male characters that look good. It would be nice if we can have very long, voluminous and beautiful hair for male characters.There are also not so many beautiful faces for male humans or norn. Just some weird faces or some for old men. I would appreciate it if we can have more than 2 or 3 beautiful male faces ❤

I've actually stopped making alts (or playing old alts who need a makeover with new items) for this reason. As nice as mount skins are, I definitely would be much, much happier if they released new original hair and faces for all races. I especially would like more faces (for norn and human) with more canthan features. I'd, 100%, pay for more makeover kits if they ever did this.

@Tailcoat.6920 said:Some of the Charr hairstyles seem disproportionately large and some (like the huge hair tentacles in the makeover kit) have this blinding glossiness. The male Charr could use some nicer face options than spikey and/or chronic rage.

I agree- Charr hair should not really be treated as hair but more like a ManeBraids along the mane, Warriors wear braidsThey can have bones/ beads/ feathers along the mane as well

I'd love a mix of more wolf-like faces for Male charr. Similar to Rytlock

@DreamySkullz.8203 said:I've actually stopped making alts (or playing old alts who need a makeover with new items) for this reason. As nice as mount skins are, I definitely would be much, much happier if they released new original hair and faces for all races. I especially would like more faces (for norn and human) with more canthan features. I'd, 100%, pay for more makeover kits if they ever did this.

This 1000%

There are plenty of GW1 Hairstyles that can be redesigned for GW2I just want better and more options for our charactersI'm tired of thinking of the fact that there are NPC's that actually have faces/ hairstyles we still do not have

@cyradil.7309 said:Can we have more beautiful (really!) long hair for male characters? Females have so many but there aren't many good options for male characters that look good. It would be nice if we can have very long, voluminous and beautiful hair for male characters.There are also not so many beautiful faces for male humans or norn. Just some weird faces or some for old men. I would appreciate it if we can have more than 2 or 3 beautiful male faces ❤

ThisI'd love long braids for male characters as wellI want more long hairstyles for sylvari/ humans/ asura (norn have the long braids)I'd love more french styles for human females, like the cute cropped bangs and a half up-do fastened with a striped ribbonA half-up-do for males as well, acompanied with braids (like legolas) but strands falling down and lengths that go well passed the mid-backEven wavy long hair for males. Like, where is the hair diversity?Where is the beard diversity?Where is the facial diversity?

Put some of the effort that goes into mounts/ gliders/outfits/ chairs cringe and put it into giving us better, more agreeable character options in cosmetics

Id like a pretty bun for female humans, one an NPC already has in Elona, and i'd like more of a messy bun. Also more European hairstyles for them. Two tone hairs (the accessories change the 2nd color.)Norn to have More braids/locks intertwined within them. Even the men. More beard styles that coincide with the race.More ear types for AsuraMore skin colors for Sylvari more skin patterning for Charr/Asura/SylvariMore tattoos for NornHairstyles that give piercings or faces that have that option already on it.No more reskinned faces that are the same except lighter eyebrows or some lazy bs.

Also: I would like some longer hair hairstyles and some shoulder-lenght that DO NOT clip and show your neck in a weird way when jumping.

I would also like pretty faces that don't seem so well... angry and rude :< I would like some delicate beauty.And more anime/asian hairstyles too.

I would just like for them to add some asian faces and hairstyles just because right now its hard to create asian human and I would like that.But overall I don't care what exactly they add. I just want more options because I feel like Im lacking them overall.We have lots of ways to customize mounts, clothes etc. Now give us as many for characters please :)

• 2 months later...

So it's been a good long while since we've had any real cosmetic updates- and with the current release of LS, i'd hope to see some new additions!Simply adding a different hue of blue and purple are honestly getting old.I understand there are other focuses in the game- but really nothing at all for anyone?

Please add some new cosmetic options for norn, charr, sylvari and asura soon please!

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:I'd like to see some human and norn male faces that aren't wartorn and gnarly or bishie sparkles with nothing in between. You can either look 50 or 15.

Not before they fix the asura face pool. each of the makeover kit exclusive female faces have some kind of uncanny valley problem thats really hard to work around. especially the most human looking face of the bunch, and its strung out looking eyes.

Asuran colors/patterns could use work too - they are too muted right now so that they almost all appear basically to be uniformly grey. Their size already makes it hard for them to pop out visually - they should have stronger contrasting patterns and stronger colors.

Archived