[just an idea] Etching New Crafting Discipline or Additional Crafting Recipes

phs.6089

It's an idea from other game, we asked for it for almost 2 years and we got it eventually back in the days.What is etching? It's a crafted item (lets say a consumable scroll) that adds additional tiny stats to your end-game gear.We have such thing that comes with infusions +5/+9 or wvw stats.

What if we can leave infusions alone as infusions only and introduce etching where professions can craft special items, that will add to armor, weapon and trinkets those +5(stat).

Surely those special effects/auras should stay with infusions

Etchings can be rewritten, not changed.

A bit of push to crafting and economy, a bit of work to end-game grind, a bit of boost to players overall stats.

What do you think ?

@Lambent.6375 said:Two problems.

Infusion stacking relies on stat differences

I don't understand, I'm sorry for my english

@Lambent.6375 said:People will cry gear grind even if it's just replacing one sytem with another

Well people cry there is nothing to do in game, economy is dead, crafting is dead, once you get full ascended there is no goal besides the legendary skins and +5/+9 infusions are expensive

I'm sure etching would refresh crafting and most of all give meaning to jewelers

@phs.6089 said:

@Lambent.6375 said:Two problems.

Infusion stacking relies on stat differences

I don't understand, I'm sorry for my english

@Lambent.6375 said:People will cry gear grind even if it's just replacing one sytem with another

Well people cry there is nothing to do in game, economy is dead, crafting is dead, once you get full ascended there is no goal besides the legendary skins and +5/+9 infusions are expensive

I'm sure etching would refresh crafting and most of all give meaning to jewelers

Infusions with different stats are counted as two seperate infusions, so if you equip two of them with different stats they will increase in intensity.

If two with the same stat are equipped they will not increase in intensity.

I agree with you about people complaining about nothing to do, and so do the people currently not playing gw2, but a large part of the community is against, and anets hands are tied.

Archived