I can't buy gems. [Resolved] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I can't buy gems. [Resolved]

2>

Comments

• @FOX.3582 said:
    Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.

I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.

• With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
    • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
    • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The official NE sites I found are:

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Here's the official 'Authorized Retailers' for Gem Cards:

Authorized Retailers

If you're looking for a place to purchase a Gem Card, look to these authorized retailers in your region:

Global Retailers: GameStop, Amazon
    North America: Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Newegg
    Europe: MediaMarkt, GAME, Saturn, Micromania

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230890448-How-to-use-a-Gem-Card

• FOX.3582FOX.3582 Member ✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@FOX.3582 said:
    Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.

I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.

• With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
    • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
    • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The official NE sites I found are:

I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.

• @FOX.3582 said:
    I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.

Sure, I get that.
    And of course you're right: some people buy websites to save a bit of money.

What I was trying to clarify is that others weren't concerned with the price or whether the company selling you the card is a legitimate business. They were saying it's not clear that it's an official retailer. And if it's not, then there's a serious risk of one's money going to waste.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Got my problem solved, had to open a ticket and cs got it done.

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.