The Unexploitable DuoQ

Bazooka.3590

https://imgur.com/a/MlaG3ViUnyielding Legends guading their padawans through platinum... maybe for gold or cash maybe for friendship. No matter.The problem if you have two players from bronz in mid plat the result is Total Blowout.And the best thing : I blocked the guys but they were in my team in the next 3 matches and of course they are all lost.Duo quo is a wonderful idea Anet. Genius. Congrats again!

If I understand this thread right....

2 players who are in bronze decided to play a game together, the match making put them a mid plat match and instead of blaming the fault, being match making, you're going to go way out on the left field and blame duo queue instead???

This is how we end up gutting things like EM instead of going to the issue, being Mirage Cloak..

@sephiroth.4217 said:If I understand this thread right....

2 players who are in bronze decided to play a game together, the match making put them a mid plat match and instead of blaming the fault, being match making, you're going to go way out on the left field and blame duo queue instead???

This is how we end up gutting things like EM instead of going to the issue, being Mirage Cloak..

from what I understood he meant plat people partying with bronze people and that he ran into 2 duo's like this in one party (meaning 2 bronze players) but I could be wrong since only thing I can tell from his screenshot is that there were two pairs on one team and one on another.....

(if I was right tho he's basically complaining about people from different leagues being able to party up and drop into duo que)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

from what I understood he meant plat people partying with bronze people and that he ran into 2 duo's like this in one party (meaning 2 bronze players) but I could be wrong since only thing I can tell from his screenshot is that there were two pairs on one team and one on another.....

(if I was right tho he's basically complaining about people from different leagues being able to party up and drop into duo que)

I guess that would make more sense but its such a small price to pay to be able to queue with friends...

It wouldnt be restricted to just top tiers.. I duo with people who are new to the game so I try to keep my rank as low as possible so they can enjoy the match a lot more

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I guess that would make more sense but its such a small price to pay to be able to queue with friends...

It wouldnt be restricted to just top tiers.. I duo with people who are new to the game so I try to keep my rank as low as possible so they can enjoy the match a lot more... (can be depressing watching your friend whos new to the game not able to leave spawn due to a mantra mes or whatever)

can't really say how much of a price it is myself because of how little sPvP I have done so far.but I'd like to be able to party up with my guildie once I get to those rankeds, regardless of how game is intending to judge my derping in revenant ;)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:The screenshot shows nothing except for a team with two duos losing to a team with one.

yay I can read basic info from that sPvP end screen table \o/

Plat players can't que ranked in a party with bronze players. \o/

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:The screenshot shows nothing except for a team with two duos losing to a team with one.

not like I'd know - it's just that OP's rant sounded like that to me - especially for "Unyielding Legends guading their padawans through platinum... maybe for gold or cash maybe for friendship." part.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Some sort of restriction?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I could be thinking of a different game but iirc you can't duo with someone more than one division above/below yours.

Actually, yeah I was thinking of Smite. In GW2, the matchmaker will use the highest rating in the duo to put you in matches. So, if you were a platinum player quing with a bronze player, the matchmaker would place you in matches with other platinum players.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I could be thinking of a different game but iirc you can't duo with someone more than one division above/below yours.

Actually, yeah I was thinking of Smite. In GW2, the matchmaker will use the highest rating in the duo to put you in matches. So, if you were a platinum player quing with a bronze player, the matchmaker would place you in matches with other platinum players.

Yea that's how I thought it worked... Puts you in matches with the highest rated player.

Either those bronzies were alts playing or they're gunna learn the game real quick lmao

@shadowpass.4236 said:

That was during pips. Now taken their personal rating and put you into match counting personal rating when trying to find 'equal' rating enemies. Ben shown game with everyone having their own rating even tho there was 2 duoq in same team iirc . Not exact same rating for both players in party

Archived