Can we sell mount skins, please?

Turk.5460

I recently got the Nightfang Griffon Skin from opening black lion chests, but I don't have the Griffon mount and I can't stand most of PvE, so I don't think I'll ever get it. Can you please make items like this sellable on the TP? Or perhaps even able to be vendored for a moderate amount of gold?

I got the griffon skin on an account with HoT but without PoF, so I can't use it at all. Why do people who get something great like permanent banker contracts sell them even though they could use them themselves, but we cannot sell the skins even when unable to use them? Please make them tradeable.

I was just saying in another topic on this issue that I'd love to be able to sell, or even give away, the black lion chest exclusive items.

I've got the hydra staff, the balthazar armour and a glider I can't remember the name of, all of which I'm probably never going to use. It's really frustrating seeing other people talking about how much they want it when I've got one 'spare' and can't give it to them, almost more so than getting something I didn't want in the first place.

I'd be fine with only having the option to gift it to another person, and then it's bound to their account.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:

@MokahTGS.7850 said:So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

completely missed the point there.

Not really...gambling sometimes results in getting something you don't want. The reasons you don't want something is not up to ANet to control.

But the OP didn't say they didn't want to receive it, only that having received it they want to be able to give it away to someone who would actually use it.

In real life if I win a prize I don't want I can sell it or give it to someone else. With most of the items from the black lion chests I can do the same. But there's 2 or 3 items in every chest which you're stuck with once you receive them, which seems odd and frustrating when it's such an anomaly compared to other prizes.

@Turk.5460 said:I recently got the Nightfang Griffon Skin from opening black lion chests, but I don't have the Griffon mount and I can't stand most of PvE, so I don't think I'll ever get it. Can you please make items like this sellable on the TP? Or perhaps even able to be vendored for a moderate amount of gold?

While on the surface you think this might be a good idea, it's what SWTOR was doing when I quit that game a couple years ago and it had a really negative impact on the game and the economy. The only things of any value in the SWTOR economy are things that come from lootboxes. Nothing that drops in game has any value. If you want to make some money the only avenue you have is to bust out your wallet, buy some lootboxes and sell what's inside. on the market.And the reason is that everything in Lootboxes is tradable.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I recently got the Nightfang Griffon Skin from opening black lion chests, but I don't have the Griffon mount and I can't stand most of PvE, so I don't think I'll ever get it. Can you please make items like this sellable on the TP? Or perhaps even able to be vendored for a moderate amount of gold?

While on the surface you think this might be a good idea, it's what SWTOR was doing when I quit that game a couple years ago and it had a really negative impact on the game and the economy. The
only
things of any value in the SWTOR economy are things that come from lootboxes. Nothing that drops in game has any value. If you want to make some money the only avenue you have is to bust out your wallet, buy some lootboxes and sell what's inside. on the market.And the reason is that everything in Lootboxes is tradable.

It was the same in GW2 until a year or two ago when they started putting account bound items into black lion chests. Before then the big rewards (apart from the extremely rare things like the permanent service tokens) were the weapon skins, and the only way to get them was to buy them with tickets from chests.

I suspect the difference is that Anet continued to put cool items into other areas of the game as well, so while some people complained that all the good weapons came from black lion chests other people felt that there were plenty of cool skins which could be earned in-game as well. That and you can get black lion keys free or convert gold to gems to buy them, so you don't have to spend real money to get items from the chests.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

While on the surface you think this might be a good idea, it's what SWTOR was doing when I quit that game a couple years ago and it had a really negative impact on the game and the economy. The
only
things of any value in the SWTOR economy are things that come from lootboxes. Nothing that drops in game has any value. If you want to make some money the only avenue you have is to bust out your wallet, buy some lootboxes and sell what's inside. on the market.And the reason is that everything in Lootboxes is tradable.

GW2's economy is nowhere near that poor. Nor will it be if mount skins were tradeable.

unbelievable. i wish i got the mount. over the past few months i got bl chest keys. i had 11 keys total in a row i didn’t even get a kitten bonus slot. i hate it. but with licenses my rng is best so i don’t go whine here about it but. i want the cat griffon so bad that i spend all my gold on it. yesterday paid nearly 500g for 1600 gems and now working for other 400 gems. the cat looks or fly a bit like invincible’s reins that i never got. so i want this cat so much. i mean if it’s on ground the wings are same stance. with keys i always think the best but i never get bonus slot. so i don’t want to buy keys again.

(i quit wow three years ago) guildwars 2 ftw.

@Shikigami.4013 said:I got the griffon skin on an account with HoT but without PoF, so I can't use it at all. Why do people who get something great like permanent banker contracts sell them even though they could use them themselves, but we cannot sell the skins even when unable to use them? Please make them tradeable.

Yeah me too. I wont buy pof either since its an alt account I only use it to farm raids and almagamated stones. I got it in 1 key.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

That is the problem. Gambling is a Physiocolgical game devs implement to target specifically vulnerable people by getting them to spend more and more money. Having the skins tradable would be a start. Completely removing gambling and having everything as a direct sale would be the ethical thing to do.

There is a reason several governments have been closing on loot boxes.

@otto.5684 said:

That is the problem. Gambling is a Physiocolgical game devs implement to target specifically vulnerable people by getting them to spend more and more money. Having the skins tradable would be a start. Completely removing gambling and having everything as a direct sale would be the ethical thing to do.

There is a reason several governments have been closing on loot boxes.

There is another topic for that type of opinion. Please go post there, this is regarding making mount skins tradeable.

I've gotten lots of high-priced skins (weapon and mount) from BLCs that I'll never use. It kind of sucks to get a rare item for once and find it's useless, but that's the nature of the scam- er deal. I do think it would be nice if they'd allow us to trade in unwanted 'rewards' in exchange for tokens or something, even if the exchange rate is horrible.