Compilation of Locations Blocked by (In)visible Walls

Note to anyone with a new location

This thread is a compilation of every thread reporting locations which have had access to or through them unintentionally blocked by invisible walls or terrain.

While this thread is here to help keep track of every location affected, please be sure to do a search to see if any threads already exist about the location, and add any information you may have to that thread (or create your own if none exist).

Afterwards, feel free to link the threads to this one, and I'll add any new threads, locations, and information to the list. :3

Q: Why not just post all the information about all the locations into this one thread?A: A quote from How to Report Game Bugs

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Post one bug per thread. Threads on a single topic are easier to route to devs for review. So unless we ask you to consolidate your reports into a specific thread, please start or join a separate thread for each bug.

So, basically, it's best that each affected location has its own thread documenting such issues. This thread here is mostly just to help keep track of them for the rest of us. :P

Potential workaround for some of the Invisible Walls

By the way, while I cannot confirm it myself yet, some players have suggested a possible workaround to getting through certain invisible walls.Please note, this is not guaranteed to work for all locations, and will definitely not work inside instances.

• Stand as close to the invisible wall as you can. When up against the invisible wall, go to the character select screen, then select your character again. Depending on the location, you may have potentially passed through the invisible wall.

Changelog

November 21, 2017• Solved Locations - Black Citadel Trading Post and Chokocooka's ThroneOct 30, 2017• New Locations - Tears of Itlaocol (Mini-Dungeon)• Solved Locations - Far Silverwastes• Added a section for areas I'm unable to verify myselfOct 18, 2017• New Locations - Black Citadel Trading Post• Solved Locations - Hospital in Jeopardy, Dissun's Mine, Jelako Cliffrise/Mournful Depths Vista, and Southwatch Creep Exalted Mask # 21• Adjusted layout for a few sectionsOct 15, 2017• New Locations - Windswept Haven Guild Hall• Solved Locations - Broken Altar• Added new threads to existing locations, adjusted formatting for thread titles and imagesOct 5, 2017• New Locations - Hellion Forest Map Portal and Chokocooka's Throne• Added new threads to existing locations, clarified the workaround solutions for Dissun's MineOct 3, 2017• Solved Locations - Human's Lament Vista, Dirtclaw Cleft Guild Trek, Magmatic Conjury Bloodstone Sliver, Tribulation Caverns Jump Puzzle, Chak Hollow Hero Point, and Vinetooth DenOct 2, 2017 - Added more locations and a ==Solved Locations== section to the list, moved Branded Mines to ==Solved Locations==Sept 27, 2017 - Created thread, added as many existing threads and locations to the list as I could find

--Ascalon--

Iron Marches

Hellion Forest Map Portal - Invisible Wall (almost) blocks the portal into Blazeridge Steppes

--Maguuma Jungle--

Caledon Forest

Tears of Itlaocol (Mini-Dungeon) - Invisible Wall blocks the cliff just outside the exit door

Sparkfly Fen

Verarium Delves (Mini-Dungeon) - Invisible Wall blocks the entrance to the cave near the western Orvanic Shores Vista

--Crystal Desert--

Windswept Haven

Windswept Haven Guild Hall - Invisible Something blocks entrance to Scribing Station

==UNABLE TO VERIFY==

--Living Story Season 3 Maps--

Bitterfrost Frontier

-SOLVED?- Bitterfrost Vantage Point - Invisible Wall blocks gliding away from it

==SOLVED Locations==

--Personal Story Instances--

Human

-SOLVED- Level 10 Story "Hospital in Jeopardy" Instance - Invisible Wall blocks access to progress the story

--Ascalon--

Black Citadel

-SOLVED- Black Citadel Trading Post - Invisible Wall blocks access to Black Lion Trader and Armorsmith NPCs

Plains of Ashford

-SOLVED- Human's Lament Vista - Visible Boulder blocks access path inside the cave to the Vista

Iron Marches

Bloodfin Lake/Dirtclaw Cleft Guild Trek - Invisible Wall blocks access inside

Fields of Ruin

-SOLVED- Branded Mine Jumping Puzzle - Invisible Wall blocks access to the Branded Mine

-Kryta-

Bloodtide Coast

-SOLVED- Jelako Cliffrise/Mournful Depths Vista - Invisible Wall blocks access path to the Vista

--Shiverpeaks--

Dredgehaunt Cliffs

-SOLVED- Tribulation Caverns Jump Puzzle - Ice and Snow blocks access inside Tribulation Caverns

-SOLVED- Dissun's Mine/Esjudare Scratch - Invisible Wall blocks access into Dissun's Mine from the Steelbrachen cave entrance

--Maguuma Jungle--

Mount Maelstrom

-SOLVED- Magmatic Conjury Bloodstone Sliver - Invisible Wall blocks access path to the Bloodstone Sliver

--Maguuma Wastes--

The Silverwastes

-SOLVED- Far Silverwastes - Invisible Wall (almost) blocks access to the area

--Heart of Maguuma--

Auric Basin

-SOLVED- Southwatch Creep Exalted Mask # 21 - Invisible Wall blocks the access route to the Exalted Mask # 21

-SOLVED- Chak Hollow Hero Point (Egg Clutch) - Invisible Wall blocks the access route to the Hero Point

-AS INTENDED- Bristleback Chasm/Vinetooth Den - Invisible Wall blocks gliding path above the area

Dragon Stand

-SOLVED- Broken Altar - Invisible Wall blocks access through vegetation to the Forgotten Pillar

Living Story Season 3 Maps

Bitterfrost Frontier

-SOLVED- Chokocooka's Throne (in Brakbrak Ice Snarl) - Invisible Wall blocks access to Chokocooka Statue and Ore Node

Bumping for a solution.

As a partially related anecdote, I did the HOPE collection during the days where that devourer meta event in Ascalon would consistently bug and be uncompletable, or when you would need to fail an event to complete something. This has brought back the same feelings of frustration (working on Dawn III, need Branded Mines JP). I don't mind the cost, or going around doing obscure events. It would be nice if for once completing a collection was straightforward and stress-free. Rant over.

@Mewdos.2580 said:Bumping for a solution.

As a partially related anecdote, I did the HOPE collection during the days where that devourer meta event in Ascalon would consistently bug and be uncompletable, or when you would need to fail an event to complete something. This has brought back the same feelings of frustration (working on Dawn III, need Branded Mines JP). I don't mind the cost, or going around doing obscure events. It would be nice if for once completing a collection was straightforward and stress-free. Rant over.

I'm not sure if that Devourer isn't still bugged reading through the list of threads in here. ;P

That said, you may have some options for getting through the invisible wall in Branded Mines, at least. Try standing up against the wall, going to the character select screen and selecting the character again. It's possible you might load through the other side. I haven't confirmed if this will work, though.

I'm not sure if that Devourer isn't still bugged reading through the list of threads in here. ;P

That said, you may have some options for getting through the invisible wall in Branded Mines, at least. Try standing up against the wall, going to the character select screen and selecting the character again. It's possible you might load through the other side. I haven't confirmed if this will work, though.I tried many times, also with alt+f4 while running with abilities to the wall but it doesn't work to me.

Another one in ascalon which I've mentioned in a different thread, I was trying to compile a list there too. Also, several of these are guild trek locations: Dissun's mine and the Branded Mine. Out of curiosity has anyone tried to drop into Dissun's mine from Tribulation Caverns and see how far the invisible wall goes?

Dirtclaw Cleft: Iron Marches. Tiny little cave to the right before the waterfall northish of Bloodfin lake. Literally the only thing in there is the guild trek spot and the invisible wall blocks it off.

2 vista's are keeping me from map completion (2 different maps). The first I encountered was the Human Lament's Vista point in the Plains of Ashford, and the other is the Bloodtide Coast's Jelako Cliffrise/Mournful Depths vista with an invisible barrier blocking the last stone up to the ridge. I am at lvl 61 so haven't encountered any other stuff so far. But if I run into anything new I'll be sure to see if the bug is listed here. This is a great post to collect all issues in one post.

I have made some additions and layout adjustments to the first post.

To anyone adding any new locations, please search for an existing thread about the location (or create one if no such thread exists), and add your information there. Afterwards, feel free to link the thread here, and I can add it to the list. :3

Also, some good news: It would appear that the Branded Mines have been unblocked. Thinking on it, I should probably add a Solved section for any locations that have been unblocked.

Reading through the Game Release Notes, I'm seeing a few locations in this list that are supposed to have been fixed. I'm gonna attempt to verify some of these locations today. Anyone else who can do the same for any of the locations would be greatly appreciated. :3

Specific locations in question:

• September 23:The entrance to a jumping puzzle area in Dredgehaunt Cliffs has been unblocked.
    • If this to Tribulation Caverns, then it's cleared.
  • September 27:Fixed an issue that blocked the Nevermore legendary staff collection in Dragon's Stand.
  • October 2:Fixed an issue involving props blocking the Human's Lament vista in Plains of Ashford.Fixed invisible collision around the Bitterfrost Vantage Point in Bitterfrost Frontier.

Also, it now occurs to me I could have been looking through that thread to check whether any locations have been fixed or not.

I have moved Human's Lament Vista and several others to the Solved Locations.

I've also added Chokocooka Statue and Hellion Forest Map Portal to the list.

For the Hellion Forest Map Portal, it's similar to the Far Silverwastes in that the Invisible Wall doesn't completely block access to get through, but it's certainly in the way.

I'd like to know why PoF introduced so many invisible walls? Since before its release there were close to 0 out-of-place invisible walls...I suppose it's related to the risk of map breaking with mounts but hey...double check invisible wall's locations before placing them -.-

Archived