Berserker Suggestions (from some one who does not main warrior)

ZDragon.3046

Once again these suggestions are based on things ive noticed from personal experience with the profession as well as playing other professions and looking at how their tools work.I dont have the most warrior experince but ive been playing guild wars 2 for a long time. Overall I dont understand why berserker has not gotten some good quality of life changes for the better.

Another note is that these changes are focused in more on PvP more than PvE I am aware that PvE Berserker is not particularly in a bad spot at the moment with one or two builds.

To start off berserker lacks potential due to the several cuts its gained in combination to the lack of quality of life it should have gained after the PoF release. Saving 3 bars of Adrenalin for what should be an empowered burst but only having that burst count as 1 proc for relative burst traits such as (Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, and Berserker's Power) is very contradicting and can cause the user to be punished instead of rewarded for opting to use berserker mode over the a standard level 3 weapon burst. (Even more so if the burst miss or are blocked in some way or another.)

First and for most

Burst in berserker mode should not be reverted to counting as lvl 3 weapon burst. They should remain as lvl 1 weapon burst. Though spending 3 (or technically 2) bars to activate berserk mode which is used for purely offensive potential is considerably lacking in general. The user should not be completely or nearly un rewarded for not being able hit offensive blows if they choose to spend the 3 bars to activate berserk.

If we look at spell breaker's full counter, its rewarded for having its full counter proc-ed regardless if it actually lands the counter hit or not. The user is rewarded for simply making use of the defensive portion as is the skills nature to be used as a defensive counter skill and thats all fine and dandy.

So my key point here is why is a pure offensive mechanic in berserker its activation of berserk mode not rewarded properly for the 3 (Technically 2) bars spent to activate it.

The user should be semi rewarded the moment a they opt to save and use berserker mode over a standard lvl 3 burst as is the skills nature to bolster and boost offensive capability. It should not only reward some one for landing those boosted burst attacks just as full counter still rewards partially without having to land its offensive portion of the skill. Ideally you should feel rewarded using this mode as a unique profession mechanic regardless of if your upgraded burst attacks landing or not.

Instead the problem is thatZerker at its core is weaker core and spell breaker but not from specifically the damage it deals.It prepares people for big damage with a telegraph, but at the same time it also does some less damage on some burst and gives access to less passive procs or tools to keep offensive pressure.

Here is what I suppose changes to start things off. Lets keep discussion civil if you dont agree just say why if you have ideas share them. If you out right dont agree then just say you dont agree but keep its civil please.

Lets Talk Shop

F2 Berserk
Now additionally activates burst traits for each bar (Technically 2 bars) consumed Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, Berserker's Power, and other burst related traits if you opt to use those traits.Note the reason I say 2 bars instead of 3 is because while you do have to save 3 bars to activate berserk it technically gives you one back to use a burst right away if you wish thus technically the number of bars consumed is 2.

Adrenal health procs 2 stacksCleansing Ire removes 2 conditionsBerserkers power procs 2 stacksBuilding Momentum grants 1 hit of enduranceetc..

Next

I want to move on to a few traits that are heavily crippled or lack the fitting thematic match of a berserk warrior that this spec should offer.

Dead or AliveMake it more in line with the theme of a berserk warrior. This skill should ideally be like a rage inspired second wind. It makes no sense for this trait to only work in berserk mode when berserk mode is limited to a small window. IT should be able to activate at any time. Unlike a Soul beast's beast mode which have a similar trait that can save them from a fatal blow. The difference being that they can remain in beast mode for as long as they choose to. In their case it makes sense to only have a similar trait activate only when they are in that boosted mode.

This trait should activate if the player opts to use it regardless of being in or out of berserk mode.Outside of berserk mode:It heals the user and forces them into berserk mode regardless if it was on cool down or they have the Adrenalin stored to activate it.In berserk mode:Dead or Alive heals slightly more health, refreshes primordial burst skills, resets berserk mode duration.

Fatal FrenzyThis trait only has use when in berserker mode which last 15 seconds and its considerably under only having use for the first 3 seconds of the mechanic activation other wise. This trait is a prime example of being under rewarded for the use of profession mechanic.Its one thing to have defensive boons pulse such (as stability and resistance) consistently for long periods of time but offensive ones are currently ok. (Even Reaper currently has pulsing quickness and other game tools across other professions have pulsing might or fury here and there.)

I propose that swiftness and quickness and fury get their durations cut to be matched to nice 3 seconds.These boons now pulse once every 3 seconds for a total of 5 pulses over the total duration of berserk mode.Because this trait has no function outside of berserk mode its power potential in berserk mode should be throughout the course of it not just at the start of it.

Eternal ChampionNo real issues here just that it should pulse its 3 might generation once every 3 seconds 5 times over the duration of berserk modeThis should not be a problem considering magebane tether reveals, acts as leashing pressure tool, and only requires you to spend 10 points of Adrenalin to gain access to with a slightly shorter cooldown while pulsing might at a much faster rate.

Closing

I feel like these changes would be a good start to getting berserker back on its feet and feeling proper stronger than core while in berserker mode but not specifically stronger when out of berserk mode.It would reward the use of berserk mode moderately as an offensive tool/ mechanic even if the burst attacks miss, just as spell breakers full counter is reward for simply being used as a defensive tool regardless if the offensive attack lands or not.

Being able to activate some passive power or sustain procs without over rewarding from old days of lvl 3 spam burst attacks.

I dont think anything in core warrior really needs to change to make berserker better because currently core is at a base stronger than berserker as it is Even while its in berserk mode

Please remember im looking at this from more of pvp perspective and not that of a pve perspective.

Whole concept where you need to generate 3 adrenaline bars before u can actually use advantage of this build is wrong.In current meta where everyone is super busty but you have to generate 3 bars first.. its not gonna work. Its not good for pvp nor pve because mob die before you generate that mutch adrenaline.

You cant even use ability like signet of fury to generate adrenaline before combat to use berserker mode immediately becouse it decay right away and i dont even talk it would cost you valuable utility slots where you mostly need condi removal/resist buffs or physical skills or banners...

...my thought...

Just give us berserker burst abilities permanently. And make berserker mode just offensive buff (maybe some defensive ones if you improve it by certain traits).

Also i really like berserker burst skills and it would be really enjoyable to use them freely and more often. Right now in open word, stories, etc.. you never use them mobs die too fast and even if you somehow enter to berserker mode on mob.. it decay and trigger cooldown before you reach another mob. There is simply no practical use except bosses but for bosses you usually need some defence and again spellbreaker or even core warrior is many times better choice than berserker.

In pvp.. i thing berserker in pvp just die thats all..

@Luna.6203 said:Whole concept where you need to generate 3 adrenaline bars before u can actually use advantage of this build is wrong.In current meta where everyone is super busty but you have to generate 3 bars first.. its not gonna work. Its not good for pvp nor pve because mob die before you generate that mutch adrenaline.

I dont often have an issue generating 3 bars in pve myself but i can see what angle you are coming from with weaker trash mobs.

You cant even use ability like signet of fury to generate adrenaline before combat to use berserker mode immediately becouse it decay right away and i dont even talk it would cost you valuable trait slots where you mostly need condi removal/resist buffs or physical skills or banners...

...my thought...

Just give us berserker burst abilities permanently. And make berserker mode just offensive buff (maybe some defensive ones if you improve it by certain traits).That would be interesting actually too having primordial burst at all times as lvl 1 burst but just having the berserk as a booster effect. Even in this case though I still feel like the changes I pointed out still need to apply in some cases (Dead or Alive / Fatal Frenzy / Eternal Champion)

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas

Yes, in the current state of the game, having to deal damage to increase the adrenaline and lose it rapidly if not doing so is very punishing. Mobs die too fast.
Other classes have their unique resource mechanisms too but Warrior by far worst of all. The thief can dump all the initiatives at in rapid succession. Holosmith can go into Jedi mode on demand and just need to manage overheating mechanism (in fact, they can even trait so they don't have to worry about it). Necros have much easier time generating the life force and they don't lose it as warriors do.I think Anet needs to look into Warrior's adrenaline mechanism. Warrior is already dullest, boring profession among all.

Archived