Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 24, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Swift arrow is the one doing this today before reset yesterday it was the Hylek in Metrica.

On approaching the NPC the fight is active in the notification area, and there heath bar appears on screen however the NPC themself is green (friendly) and speeks dialog like the Challange has been finished.

Tagged:
<1345

Comments

• There are a few hero challenges that are bugged, which are preventing me from finishing map completion. These have been bugged for several days (since when I encountered them) already. Please fix these hero challenges and add timer in every hero challenges so that they won't be this infinite bug anymore. Thank you!

https://imgur.com/gallery/qTgJKIk

• When you encounter a stalled event, you might try immediately after a patch, as that will reset the map.

Good luck.

• Tribune Sorya Fatekiller in Fireheart Rise has this exact same issue.

• Same here
    Brisban Highlands - Hidden Lake - hero point
    near Seraph Observers Waypoint — [&BGIAAAA=]

Unable to activate the fight with Restless Arboreal Spirit from 3 days now

• Restless Aboreal Spirit Hero Challenge is unable to activate for me and all nearby players as well.

• Seems to be at least one broken in every zone I've been into lately.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭

Seems you need to catch them right after reset or patch

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭

linking a screenshot of the issue to help as my description may not be all that clear. e13422368dd0f2351a0e9b107a240e55.jpg

• Went to the Brisban Wildlands and encountered this Hero Challenge and I went to the marker. Only to discover that the HP bar of the Spirit appeared in the quest log (like every "boss" monster") before I even talked to it. So I walked up to the thing and saw that it is bugged since it doesn't even allow me to challenge it. I saw that a bunch of other people were also trying to do the challenge and apparently encountered the same issue. So I am posting this here to see if it can catch the attention of someone that can fix the issue, and to ask has anyone else encountered this bug on different servers.

• They say they are working on fixing them - hopefully we won't have to wait too long - so far I've come across 17 hero challenges (those you have to fight for the challenge) are bugged.

• this hero point is Bugged and could use the community's help in REPORTING this so we can get enough reports in for Anet to Fix This Hero Point

notice the hero point is not fighting and just standing there ^

• @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

Thanks for the quick response.

Just one concern:

it'll go into the next content update.

That's not for a couple of weeks, right? That seems a long time for people to wait to complete a map. Do you think that maybe it's worth prioritizing this as a hotfix instead? (Currently, neither I nor anyone I know has encountered this issue, I just see more than a few posts a bout it.)

Separately... this might be a useful story to share with us later (maybe in a guild chat or AMA or something), about How Bad Things Can Happen to Good Code Changes. I think that's often as mysterious to many players as magic (or quantum mechanics or stats); I'd love to see you guys discuss this sort of thing to help more of us learn more about how RL programming works.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Swift arrow > @dusanyu.4057 said:

Swift arrow is the one doing this today before reset yesterday it was the Hylek in Metrica.

Bugged for me as well as a few others. Makes it hard to do a map because it keeps telling me to goto him

• The Devs have already stated they have a fix coming with the next content update.

• Dreggon.6598Dreggon.6598 Member ✭✭
    edited October 20, 2018

Can you fix the Auric Basin one too? The Tarnished Sage one under Tarir where the only people who can activate the hero point are people who haven't already done it. It gives a daily chest so it's a bit unfortunate when nobody can start it.

• Here's the quote:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719565/#Comment_719565
    @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• I'm encountering those same bugs too. Can't complete maps because of it and it's annoying.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

I confirm: We are now with a friend at Owl HP in Snowden Drift. If we talk to the NPC, the orange circle and log tells it is on, but no foes appear. There seems to be another one on same map not working.

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Yes many of the challange HP are bugged, you get the healthbar but they are still green and can't fight them.

• Hi there actualy 2 hero challenge i found bugged, one in Plains of Ashford the one near the Greysteel Armory WP and one in Diessa Plateau near the Charrgate Haven WP, from what i see and talked with a few guidmate there almost one per map some they are stuck in combat stance some not for me it seems it started at the same time as the halloween event. Any ideea if they do something about or we have to wait for the event to finish?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2018

The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.
    (See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

• pls send out the love asap ;w;. i'm 99% for world completion and i need dem hero challenges

• In the area of Lost Child's Sorrow in Snowden Hills, the NPC Singing Wind is bugged. When you get close to him or talk to him without any further dialogue it starts the challenge but he does nothing. Just has the fist on the map with a circle around him but nothing else. He stays green.

https://imgur.com/NYC6hrf
    https://imgur.com/ww1feaN

• Sorry...his name is Stinging Wind. My apologies.

• yep lots and lots of challenges broken all over tyria

• As a workaround you can always buy the heroscrolls from the vendor in wvw.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

maybe check the threads in forums it have been brought up alot of times and a dev have commented in this thread among others.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58219/skill-challenge-npcs-bugged#latest

• @BRDiger.5027 said:
    As a workaround you can always buy the heroscrolls from the vendor in wvw.

Dude. I love you. We need more ppl like u genius.

• Did not know it has already been brought up. Just thought to go ahead and make an official thread on it. So apologies if considered spam.

No worries mate its good you make a topic but before you do spend afew mins and scrolling through the first page or use the now working search function.
    Odds are it have already been brought up.

• So far I've seen 5 hero/skill challenges bugged across multiple maps with the same bug. This as been going on for around 3 days. What is happening!?

• Odin.8270Odin.8270 Member ✭✭

Its really pity for taking that long to fix such simple bugs... my last HP is at cursed chose "Fortuna Dirgecaller" which is bugged of course, map complete 99%.... which is suppose to be 100% already.

• Here's the quote:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719565/#Comment_719565

• it seems they have repaired some of the spots but the owl abattoir hero point is still glitched out health bar shows up but he remains friendly

• Nidome.1365Nidome.1365 Member ✭✭✭

The same is true for the Fortuna Dirgecaller Hero Point at Meddler's Summit in Cursed Shore. Shows as active but she cannot be attacked.

• The Devs have stated that once the fix clears QA, it will be released with the following content update.

• Lilodelacroix.8714Lilodelacroix.8714 Member ✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018

can we just get ONE good reason why a progression-stopping bug like this isn't treated like the gamebreaking bug it is? Why is the fix, as it is apparently finished, not shipped as a hotfix? How can it be okay that Map completion, trait-progession and leggy-crafting is literally blocked, while the fix is ready?
    It really gives a feeling as if you guys just aren't interested in the experience of players anymore :/
    I am very disappointed. :-1:

• @dusanyu.4057 said:

On approaching the NPC the fight is active in the notification area, and there heath bar appears on screen however the NPC themself is green (friendly) and speeks dialog like the Challange has been finished.

Same exact issue here.

• Brisbain Wildland defeat the arboreal broken since this weekend. Been tring to map jump but due to GW2 Devs they are blocking map jumps. When there is an issue on a map an alternate map may not be effected. Look at Star Trek Online you are allowed to jump maps very easy in social zones. Mr Jeffery needs to tell the devs of map jumping and activate a free account on STO so he can see how easy it is.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lilodelacroix.8714 said:

can we just get ONE good reason why a progression-stopping bug like this isn't treated like the gamebreaking bug it is? Why is the fix, as it is apparently finished, not shipped as a hotfix? How can it be okay that Map completion, trait-progession and leggy-crafting is literally blocked, while the fix is ready?
    It really gives a feeling as if you guys just aren't interested in the experience of players anymore :/
    I am very disappointed. :-1:

It is not actually finished if it still needs to go through QA.

• Did the bug exists before last patch (10-16-2018)? If not, I miss it in the release notes for last patch.
    If the bugged patch runned through QA, I am not sure how QA could help this time ...

• Can confirm this bug exists. This is blocking map completion progress.

Helpdesking rodent hailing from Skrittsylvania.
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast who also likes Autechre.

• Would like to add here having recently done world completion that I personally had problems with Swift Arrow located in Caledon Forest and Restless Arboreal Spirit in Brisban Wildlands. Trying a method of a comment mentioned above, unlocking skillpoints through WvW has allowed me to get past Swift Arrow's completion but somehow misses the Restless Arboreal Spirit completely. On my map progress all i need left is it, and if I try to unlock skill points the WvW method, consuming the item just turns it into a Proofs of Heroics.

• Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tribune Sorya Fatekiller in Fireheart Rise is still bugged.
    Fortunately it isn't blocking my map completion, I have plenty of other places to hit.

"That's what" -- She

• Veqluna.7638Veqluna.7638 Member
    edited October 23, 2018

this one is bugged too
    https://imgur.com/a/qmPFm2H

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    Tribune Sorya Fatekiller in Fireheart Rise is still bugged.
    Fortunately it isn't blocking my map completion, I have plenty of other places to hit.

Ofcourse its still bugged mate the fix aint rolled out yet.

• I now have multiple map completions that i can not finish thanks to this bug. Is this ever going to get fixed? Stuff like this should be high priority and hotfixed immediately. It's ridiculous that it continues on for so long.

• this HP bugs appeared with Halloween build (last one with trick or treat) Event of challenge starts but NPC still Friendly ... Happened in front of me many times and different places (1st time in Cursed Shore)

Everything has the right to live

• Bugged HPs:

• Fireheart Rise (Burnt Hollow)
    • Straits Of Devastation (Rally Waypoint)
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.