Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged] - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

Comments

• So this specific hero challenge has been stuck in "combat" for over 24 hours. I've submitted a bug report but this is holding up a lot of players so I wanna draw more light to it. It could probably be solved by a simple shard change but I was online till early morning and now early evening today and still nothing's changed. Just in case my screenshot doesn't work the hero challenge is Utcua in Metrica province. Can someone please look into this?

Thanks <3

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.
    (See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

This is holding up a tonne of players, Isn't it worthy of a hotfix?

• @Zynisch.9705 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.
    (See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

You'd have to discuss that with the Devs.

• Gaile Gray.6029 ArenaNet › 11:08AM
    Rest assured the devs DO know about this issue, as you can see within this very thread. Could you please provide your ticket number, so that I can let CS know about this thread and make sure that the agents let players know of it, too? Thanks.

Here you go.
    Ticket #7121012

• It probably would not be solved with an instance change; see the Dev post in the 'official' thread.
    I.e. bug fix incoming with a forthcoming content patch.

• Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

Just encountered an equally bugged Hero Challenge in Brisban Wildlands, the Restless Arboreal Spirit will stay a green unattackable ally permanently even though the challenge should transform him into the Veteran Restless Arboreal Spirit that you are supposed to duel. Wonder if the incidents are related because I have not encountered bugs like these in ages.

YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

• @Zynisch.9705 said:

Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• sostronk.8167sostronk.8167 Member ✭✭✭

I can load into WvW with duplicate utility skills, IE 2 x Quickening Zephyr. I have screenshots.

Recently worked on map completion, 3 skill points won't work:

1. Brisbane Wildlands - Skill point at Hidden lake
    2. Plains of Ashford - SKill point at Tela Range
    3. Fireheart Rise - Skill point at Burnt Hollow.

From memory, all three require you to interact and fight the hero.

I attempted to bypass this by doing all map completion. I then purchased Notarized scroll of Heroics from WvW. These give the indication that skill points have been unlocked (but it does not indicate which ones, which they usually do) and when returning to Tyria they haven't unlocked any skill points and map completion has not progressed.

_We must secure the existence of our Quaggans and a future for Quaggan children. _

• See the 'official' thread with Dev response(s).

Good luck.

• TwoShoes.2304TwoShoes.2304 Member
    edited October 30, 2018

read below

• I am in the same boat .. Can't complete the map without fix hero challenge. I'm done with everything except this 1 challenge .

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Zynisch.9705 said:

Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!

Soon as in soon-soon? Soon-in-7-more-days? Or soon(tm)? Just trying to manage personal expectations accordingly.

I still remember the old Disney VHS previews where "Coming soon to own on video" was several months down the line.

• 10/30/2018 3.39 p.m plains of ashford
    Plains of ashford
    Butterhanded, 28. norn, thief
    no group
    note: the hero challenge Defeat Titus Gearclaw doesn't work, it keeps says is in progress and not let others players complete it

• 10/30/2018, 3:47 p.m., 3:47 p.m.
    Wayfarer foothills, hunter's lake
    Butterhanded, 28, norn, thief
    The hero challenge to drink a ale doesn't work

• yeah it is

• Please note today's Game Update Notes, where you will see that this issue has been addressed. Notes here.

Naturally, if you continue to have issues, we want to hear about them. Please post any observed issues in this thread and do not make a new one.

Gaile Gray

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭

it's all working now, thank you very much devs and mods ^^

• @Astyrah.4015 said:
    it's all working now, thank you very much devs and mods ^^

Marvelous! Thank you so much for letting us know. We'll continue to track this thread and watch for any outliers, but I'm glad it appears, in early reports, to be resolved.

Gaile Gray

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Please note today's Game Update Notes, where you will see that this issue has been addressed. Notes here.

Naturally, if you continue to have issues, we want to hear about them. Please post any observed issues in this thread and do not make a new one.

Thank you so much for listening and getting this patch out. It's all working again from what I can see! :heart:

• Kerubim.9532Kerubim.9532 Member
    edited October 30, 2018

@Kerubim.9532 said:
    10/30/2018, 3:47 p.m., 3:47 p.m.
    Wayfarer foothills, hunter's lake
    Butterhanded, 28, norn, thief
    The hero challenge to drink a ale doesn't work

this hero challenge still doesn't work to me, it doesn't give me the item i need to drink

Edit: nevermind i found the ale in my inventory, sorry XD it's all working thanks game moderators =)

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

The skill points should be fixed with today's patch and I mean fixed not just because a patch would reset the servers.

• sostronk.8167sostronk.8167 Member ✭✭✭

@Khisanth.2948 said:
    The skill points should be fixed with today's patch and I mean fixed not just because a patch would reset the servers.

Confirmed. Was able to do map completion on some characters today. Was funny tunring up to each skillpoint and seeing 10+ people there getting theirs done as well :p

_We must secure the existence of our Quaggans and a future for Quaggan children. _

• Winiva.7049Winiva.7049 Member
    edited November 1, 2018

There is still a problem concerning the "Awakening the Druid Stone" collection:
    Hero challenge: Brisban-Wildlands, Hidden Lake
    NPC: "Restless Arboreal Spirit"
    If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "Element of the Arbor". However it only offers "Fight." or "Leave.". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

• @Winiva.7049 said:
    If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "Element of the Arbor". However it only offers "Fight." or "Leave.". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

Confirmed, same thing for me, and appearantly many others who were at the NPC at that time.

• @zallesz.1650 said:

If "Fight" and "Leave" are the only options, you need to complete the challenge. Afterwards, when you speak to the NPC, if you have the collection but have not obtained that item already, there's a "Would you give me something to show them you also endure?" option to receive the item.

Content Designer

• Winiva.7049Winiva.7049 Member
    edited November 1, 2018

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    If "Fight" and "Leave" are the only options, you need to complete the challenge. Afterwards, when you speak to the NPC, if you have the collection but have not obtained that item already, there's a "Would you give me something to show them you also endure?" option to receive the item.

Thank you for your answer. However, I already have map completion and even if retaking the challenge it doesn't work. Here are some pictures to show the problem: Hero challenge Brisban Wildlands

• This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

Content Designer

• Was the Auric Basin Tarnished Sage hero point fixed so it would be repeatable for players who have already gotten the hero point?

• @Dreggon.6598 said:
    Was the Auric Basin Tarnished Sage hero point fixed so it would be repeatable for players who have already gotten the hero point?

I believe so, yes.

Content Designer

• @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

I can confirm this is still an issue, and blocking my progress on the Awakening the Druid Stone quest, and therefore blocking my progress towards Aurora. Please say a fix is coming soon. Thanks.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Darksword.2873 said:

This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

I can confirm this is still an issue, and blocking my progress on the Awakening the Druid Stone quest, and therefore blocking my progress towards Aurora. Please say a fix is coming soon. Thanks.

So you cant talk to it in the 5 second window?

• @Winiva.7049 said:

Same Issue here

• @Linken.6345 said:

@Darksword.2873 said:

No, we are force to fight him again. I'm Elementalist too, perhaps has something to do (?)

• So you cant talk to it in the 5 second window?

I tried the 5 second widow today... after defeating him, for a couple of seconds the talk option does not appear. Then when it appears, pressing F does not show a followup window. The next time the talk option appears, the popup shows Fight or Leave option.

The 5 second window which you mention, does not show the followup window after selection of the talk option.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Wotom.9576 said:

I tried the 5 second widow today... after defeating him, for a couple of seconds the talk option does not appear. Then when it appears, pressing F does not show a followup window. The next time the talk option appears, the popup shows Fight or Leave option.

The 5 second window which you mention, does not show the followup window after selection of the talk option.

Ok thats better info mate the dev dident seem to know that so good we got that out there in this thread.

• I can't get the "Awakening the Druid Stone"item. Tried every option.

• Still an issue and blocking progress. Tried every option, having druid stone and orchids in inventory. There does not seem to be this 5 second window, goes straight to fight/leave options.

• So... there is a trick to get the "Restless Arboreal Spirit" to give the option to talk to get the item for the achievement collection. Fight the Spirit. Just before the hero point returns to its reset (in the window of his 1% health), spam the "talk" option as fast as you can and do not stop until he gives the option to speak for the collection item. I can confirm this just worked about 5 min ago at 7:53pm.

• ralfie.8015ralfie.8015 Member
    edited November 8, 2018

@Khill.7821 said:
    So... there is a trick to get the "Restless Arboreal Spirit" to give the option to talk to get the item for the achievement collection. Fight the Spirit. Just before the hero point returns to its reset (in the window of his 1% health), spam the "talk" option as fast as you can and do not stop until he gives the option to speak for the collection item. I can confirm this just worked about 5 min ago at 7:53pm.

well, i also tried that doesn't seem to work for me

Well after an hour or 2 trying it worked

• Darksword.2873Darksword.2873 Member
    edited November 8, 2018

This doesn't work for me. I can spam "F" botton, but there is no option to talk to him until he turns green again and his health bar starts to replenish.

Nevermind, it worked. :)

• @Darksword.2873 said:
    This doesn't work for me. I can spam "F" botton, but there is no option to talk to him until he turns green again and his health bar starts to replenish.

Nevermind, it worked. :)

THIS IS WORKING.
    I've tried for 15 mins, VERY FRUSTATING, because still spamming the "F" botton, I was still forced to fight him back like 15 tims, but suddenly the friendly chat appeared =)
    THANKS

• I have a similar issue with a Hero point challenge in Straits of devastation @ Veteran Risen Spectral Guard, located south-west of the map. I need it for the map completion, but the npc's friendly, with not option to interact with it...

• Just wanted to update that as of 17th Feb 2019, the Stinging Wind[Hero Challenge] is still bugged in Snowden Drifts.

• How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

"> Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!"

Yayaya heard that one before so many times LUL

• @Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:
    How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

"> Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!"

There are several different bugs in this [Merged] thread; to which one are you (and Gaile) referring?

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:
    How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

There are several different bugs in this [Merged] thread; to which one are you (and Gaile) referring?

The last one in this threat, which has been btw. bugged for a few years from time to time. Snowden Drifts Stinging Wind HP.

• And, you will notice it was fixed for that issue. If it is stalled, now, that would likely be a different issue.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59129/game-update-notes-october-30-2018

• It is exactly the same problem like before the fix. Same thing happened before as is now. So the patch did not fix this problem.

• I wasn't aware that was a Repeatable Hero Challenge. It seems the fix was pertaining to those.
    "This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update." -Jeffrey Vaughn

Best advice: try the Hero Challenge immediately after the Release on the 17th (while you await a permanent fix).

Good luck.

• I am having this problem with Willoo in Gendarren Fields. All he does is tell me he likes me. Can't activate the challenge. Several others also approached him with no results

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.