In a game mode about cooperation and coordination

Amaranthe.3578

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Dont you want to push people to forming groups-?

Yes but only on the fly.

What?

PvP as it stands now rewards the group that is quickest to get its kitten together after being shoved together at random.

So, yes. But only on the fly.

Whether that is the best way of doing that is very debatable.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:The "cooperation and coordination" tends to be on one side only. The teams themselves are to blame for the ban... all that farming of randoms.

Did something forbid those randoms from forming teams?

No, solo players like myself often don't want to be on teams. I don't want to follow some "leader" nor be ordered around. Beside that, I feel things are more meaningful when I do it solo.

Years ago, ANET merged "solo arena" and "team arena." That was not a good choice. The mix caused a situation where teams stomped solos.

Now, with the population, I suspect it'd be difficult or impossible to split the modes again. Match wait times would increase. An all team situation would be even more elite than raids... many would be unable to get a match. This would cause population to drop still further.

The only reasonable choice is solo queue. ANET has offered the compromise of duo queue (which I think is a mistake , though I understand the reasoning. )

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:The "cooperation and coordination" tends to be on one side only. The teams themselves are to blame for the ban... all that farming of randoms.

No, solo players like myself often don't want to be on teams. I don't want to follow some "leader" nor be ordered around. Beside that, I feel things are more meaningful when I do it solo.

Years ago, ANET merged "solo arena" and "team arena." That was not a good choice. The mix caused a situation where teams stomped solos.

Now, with the population, I suspect it'd be difficult or impossible to split the modes again. Match wait times would increase.
An all team situation would be even more elite than raids... many would be unable to get a match.
This would cause population to drop still further.

The only reasonable choice is solo queue. ANET has offered the compromise of duo queue (which I think is a mistake , though I understand the reasoning. )

the way you talk about "how hard it is to get into teams" in pvp makes me think you never played HA/HoH in GW1. I'd even go with AB, you had to form teams to play in either of those.Somehow, someway, during the golden years of GW1 people made it onto teams all the time.

Additionally, I have seen you complain about being permanent bronze/silver......perhaps getting into a pvp guild and socializing may have upped your game because you would have learned better rotations. Playing on voice comms would allow skilled vets to commentate and correct your mistakes in real time.

Of course being on a team with voice comms gives you an advantage. Taking the opportunity to use every legal advantage is what competition is all about.

The mode would have grown if there were no solo q allowed.

Guilds would have competitve and sigil pride. We would all know the best guild, and wwhich one was the most prestigious.

They really should make a guild team only mode and winning guilds get golden letters or emblems in their title for the season.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:The "cooperation and coordination" tends to be on one side only. The teams themselves are to blame for the ban... all that farming of randoms.

Now, with the population, I suspect it'd be difficult or impossible to split the modes again. Match wait times would increase.
An all team situation would be even more elite than raids... many would be unable to get a match.
This would cause population to drop still further.

I find the term "solo mmorpg player" an oxymoron....youre clearly playing the wrong game.If you dont want to pug a few people from map chat and get to know people(god forbid you join a guild) you deserve to be stomped by others who are not hermits.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Dont you want to push people to forming groups-?

Yes but only on the fly.

What?

PvP as it stands now rewards the group that is quickest to get its kitten together after being shoved together at random.

So, yes. But only on the fly.

Whether that is the best way of doing that is very debatable.

Are we playing the same game? Do you actually see any meaningful coordination in solo queue?If youre forming the group at random for them then the people didnt form a group X_X

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Seperate the leaderboards if you want to make it fair. No point in discussing "lol just form teams" or "lol u just wanna get carried". Not for the millionth time.

I dont mind that at all.But if the population isnt large enough to support both then just form teams.

But if the population isnt large enough to support both then just make soloQ.

You see where this ends? We need some new idea. Some form of matchmaking with seperate leaderboards, but a fair matchmaking to keep all people play together. Rework the teamQ-access to matches - only duos of about the same rank on each side for example, not one high duo on one side, and two lower ones on the other. That is what they should do.

Simply bringing titles back is extremely cheap and makes the titles less and less worthy. Even new titles - what the heck, how much time can that consume? Most of the legendary titles sound like a mixture from metal bands anyway. And I can't hear "swiss will come soon" or "2on2 tourneys are high priority" anymore. Instead of some real rework of the system, some real improvement of the matchmaking with teams, they just try to keep as many people playing with the fewest effort possible.

But I am an ele main in PvP, I know what it feels like to get the runaround.

€: Oh I forgot. If they would finally finish swiss tournaments, will they revert the duoQ again? Because that will be the on-demand place for competitive teamQ, right? I start thinking we are being fooled.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:Seperate the leaderboards if you want to make it fair. No point in discussing "lol just form teams" or "lol u just wanna get carried". Not for the millionth time.

I dont mind that at all.But if the population isnt large enough to support both then just form teams.

You see where this ends? We need some new idea. Some form of matchmaking with seperate leaderboards, but a fair matchmaking to
keep all people play together
. Rework the teamQ-access to matches - only duos of about the same rank on each side for example, not one high duo on one side, and two lower ones on the other. That is what they
should
do.

Simply bringing titles back is extremely cheap and makes the titles less and less worthy. Even new titles - what the heck, how much time can that consume? Most of the legendary titles sound like a mixture from metal bands anyway. And I can't hear "swiss will come soon" or "2on2 tourneys are high priority" anymore. Instead of some real rework of the system, some real improvement of the matchmaking
with teams
, they just try to keep as many people playing with the fewest effort possible.

€: Oh I forgot. If they would finally finish swiss tournaments, will they revert the duoQ again? Because that will be the on-demand place for competitive teamQ, right? I start thinking we are being fooled.

But this is a team-based game...and ranked is where people are supposed to play competetively...thats like throwing random soccer players together and saying its competetive.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:Seperate the leaderboards if you want to make it fair. No point in discussing "lol just form teams" or "lol u just wanna get carried". Not for the millionth time.

You see where this ends? We need some new idea. Some form of matchmaking with seperate leaderboards, but a fair matchmaking to
. Rework the teamQ-access to matches - only duos of about the same rank on each side for example, not one high duo on one side, and two lower ones on the other. That is what they
should
do.

Simply bringing titles back is extremely cheap and makes the titles less and less worthy. Even new titles - what the heck, how much time can that consume? Most of the legendary titles sound like a mixture from metal bands anyway. And I can't hear "swiss will come soon" or "2on2 tourneys are high priority" anymore. Instead of some real rework of the system, some real improvement of the matchmaking
with teams

But this is a team-based game...and ranked is where people are supposed to play competetively...thats like throwing random soccer players together and saying its competetive.

What makes you think that making it premade wouldn't completely kill what little pvp is left?

I imagine that team Q and solo Q were merged because there wasn't enough teams .....

@Taygus.4571 said:

should
do.

with teams

What makes you think that making it premade wouldn't completely kill what little pvp is left?

I imagine that team Q and solo Q were merged because there wasn't enough teams .....

We had a vote... we voted that we would like solo queue added to the mix...

Instead of adding solo q, they swapped it out instead and removed team play.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

should
do.

with teams

Apart from that being a very poor example*, did you read anything I wrote?

*Of course you can. Every player has the same opportunity. Now throw in some duos - Messi and Ronaldo carrying teams and Neymar crying alone - or full teams - lol - and you have a great situation like we have now. Unbalanced leaderboards.

I still think they should bring back "Solo" and "Team" queues. Give them the same rewards, separate leaderboards, and call it a day.

All the back and forth insults of "You're not a good player and don't deserve rewards if you queue solo" or "You just need an organized team to carry you to stomp people that aren't in voice chat" is just stupid. There shouldn't be discrimination between people who would rather queue solo or with a premade.

Personally, I've queued both solo and with premades and I think the people who queue solo and can adjust their profession and build on a whim depending on what their group needs without any communication before entering the match are just as skilled as the ones who plan ahead with 4 other people in coms and practice over and over together. They also have the higher risk of having someone afk or drop out of their match, so why punish them further for wanting to queue solo?

People are at each other's throats trying to get only one mode or the other (solo or team) when both should be valid options and equally rewarding. The tournaments can be the extra reward for the premades if it's really necessary that they get an extra pat on the back simply for forming a premade.

I know it will probably never happen and the idea might enraged some people, but that's my two cents.

@"Kako.1930" said:I still think they should bring back "Solo" and "Team" queues. Give them the same rewards, separate leaderboards, and call it a day.

All the back and forth insults of "You're not a good player and don't deserve rewards if you queue solo" or "You just need an organized team to carry you to stomp people that aren't in voice chat" is just stupid. There shouldn't be discrimination between people who would rather queue solo or with a premade.

Personally, I've queued both solo and with premades and I think the people who queue solo and can adjust their profession and build on a whim depending on what their group needs without any communication before entering the match are just as skilled as the ones who plan ahead with 4 other people in coms and practice over and over together. They also have the higher risk of having someone afk or drop out of their match, so why punish them further for wanting to queue solo?

People are at each other's throats trying to get only one mode or the other (solo or team) when both should be valid options and equally rewarding. The tournaments can be the extra reward for the premades if it's really necessary that they get an extra pat on the back simply for forming a premade.

I know it will probably never happen and the idea might enraged some people, but that's my two cents.

I dont see why we shouldnt just use the LFG system like people do for fractals....

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Kako.1930" said:I still think they should bring back "Solo" and "Team" queues. Give them the same rewards, separate leaderboards, and call it a day.

I dont see why we shouldnt just use the LFG system like people do for fractals....

I think you can, but nobody ever posts or looks in there whenever I look or post lol.

Regardless, some people just don't want to form premades. Maybe they don't like the idea of having to talk to people and potentially deal with their salt or tantrums when things don't go their way, or don't have time to do more than a single match. Whatever their reasons for not wanting to make a premade, it's not something they should be punished for.

This exactly. Thank you!

As I wrote above, I am sure they could even adjust matchmaking and rating impact to let both groups actually play together. It would just require some actual effort (and not a "programmer" copy-pasting former titles back into the code).

Alternatively, aren't the swiss tournaments meant to become competitive teamQ? Maybe they should focus a bit more on that topic which has been on the table for a year now?

But as I said, I really start to feel like that is not going to come soon anymore. All they do for PVP is copying old stuff, "simply turn things back on". No actual rework or new content for a very long time now. Delaying tactics.

Archived