Has Istan just got stealth nerfed? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Has Istan just got stealth nerfed?

Today I did aikii and books twice and I haven't seen even one champion. Bad luck, bug or did they nerfed them last patch? Btw Palawadan and Great Hall seems ok.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Were there enough ppl to upscale it for champs?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Around 20 people in squad and 10 to 20 outside squad.

• Yes seems like. I've been in a 50 man squad for around 2 hours and no champs at Akili or Books.

• So definitely nerf. Istan is one of the two main farms. If this was intended nerf, it should be in patch notes. People would save a lot of time.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sounds more like a bug. There should be champs, even if they nerfed it that would mean they were completely removed.

Bite me.

• @DedalNort.3627 said:
    So definitely nerf. Istan is one of the two main farms. If this was intended nerf, it should be in patch notes. People would save a lot of time.

Akili isn't the main Istan farm; it's an add on to the original farm, so that there's less down time.

However, I can't confirm the OP's perception: there were champs spawning when I did it yesterday. About the same as we used to see before people started farming the event in the first place. In other words, it's consistent with lots of folks leaving Istan to farm the Labyrinth instead. Check again in 10-15 days.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Akili isn't the main Istan farm; it's an add on to the original farm, so that there's less down time.

Sure it isn't but still many people do it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    However, I can't confirm the OP's perception: there were champs spawning when I did it yesterday.

That's interesting. I am gonna try it again tomorrow.

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 When though? Because there was an update today 2am and since then it's like that.

• @Sneakyy.9157 said:
    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 When though? Because there was an update today 2am and since then it's like that.

It was after the update.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2018

Well guess it was nerfed, you get 1 champ if any per mirror. Run with full 50/50 + several people outside of squad.
    On the bright side, VM and Karma are still there from trash.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

A long time ago

• Scud.5067Scud.5067 Member ✭✭✭

I too have heard that Onyxia deep breaths more since the last patch.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Scud.5067 said:
    I too have heard that Onyxia deep breaths more since the last patch.

More whelps too.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    If we changed something, we would post about it. Check the recent updates notes and see if there's any reference to changes. If not, then perhaps you've had, as you suggested, a run of bad luck. Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.

This wasn't entirely true back in the days where changes were made to dungeon bosses, so it's possible it was either missed or purposefully left out. It's more than likely something was missed, given just how big this game is these days.

@DedalNort.3627 said:
    Today I did aikii and books twice and I haven't seen even one champion. Bad luck, bug or did they nerfed them last patch? Btw Palawadan and Great Hall seems ok.

It's less likely a nerf and more likely that everyone who would be farming Istan is farming LAB now so not enough there to upscale it to the max.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    If we changed something, we would post about it. Check the recent updates notes and see if there's any reference to changes. If not, then perhaps you've had, as you suggested, a run of bad luck. Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.

Many people I know of including myself farmed Istan for several hours and there were not any champs at Akili or Books. And about the in-game reports and on the forums there's nothing about it because most people are farming Halloween Lab etc.

• Didn't see a single champ there yesterday with about 30 people there out of a 44 squad. Will try again today If there is a sizeable group.

• i seldom get karma bags now aswell :(

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've been meaning to head to Paladawan to find an Awakened Champ to finish my Halloween lore collection. If they aren't spawning there, where else can I find one to fit the collection?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    I've been meaning to head to Paladawan to find an Awakened Champ to finish my Halloween lore collection. If they aren't spawning there, where else can I find one to fit the collection?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_invading_Awakened

Next one according to that site is wayfarer foothills at 6:30 Fr server time bud.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Linken. I didn't even think of the invasions. Hopped on one in Metrica tonight and have finally been able to read the bookshelf in the Labyrinth ... which sadly is mostly tongue in cheek stuff rather than the lore exploration I was expecting, but it fits the setting.

• I have been running istan now for a few days. No champs at Akili and people are now commonly talking about it as an accepted thing. In fact it's now becoming a self fulfilling thing since when Akili pops up of a 40 squad maybe 20 bother to go the rest wait for caravans.

• My Opinion on the Akili event bug:

Due to the Halloween Changes and the Categorization of Mobs to drop Halloween bags the Event scaling got messed up (maybe because the champs are not in the same category anymore? ). If an event scales up due to player count, the game picks the more powerful mob in the same category ( normally the veteran or Champ) to spawn instead or in addition
    GH and pala Champs dont scale with player count... But for Akili, it looks like its messed up. ( btw its the same for caravans, but the spawning mobs dont drop kitten so nobody notices it)

I think it will go back to normal after the halloween event is over, so its not that big of a deal

• Malafaia.8903Malafaia.8903 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Akili definitely got a nerf.
    I did Istan on a daily basis before halloween, did it 3 times last week and no champs on akili (no matter the squad size).

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Its not bad luck... there are no champs spawning during Akili event or books... Ive ran it many times with full parties and nothing.... if it was not intentionally nerfed then I am hoping it is a bug somehow caused by the halloween update... I am also very much hoping that it will return to normal after the event.... basically akili event is the glue that keeps istan farming going.... since the nerf/bug... ive been getting about 40% less PP for the same time running... moreover it is disrupting the flow of the map and many groups just leave after GH now... Istan is a great map a great farm with a great community.... it is creating abundance in the game making it much more enjoyable and rewarding to play.... I really hope this change is temporary and will go back to normal after the holidays.

• As a person that runs Istan between 4-8 hours consecutively with over 100 people, there is no such thing as bad luck, they either got tired of their gems becoming thin air, or messed something in the servers as usual (7 bugged maps in a row? really?). As far as enough data and letting us know in the patch notes, ye...not exactly, we heard that one before.

• still no champs :(

• No champions even after the Halloween.

• Shivvies.3921Shivvies.3921 Member ✭✭✭

They "turned off" Halloween but the code that enables its "turning on" is still there.

I suspect we will have this issue until a new build is available.

Cheers!

• Amaterasu.1509Amaterasu.1509 Member
    edited November 14, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Hi. I am a bit impressed by this comment. In the last 3 days I did spend between 4 and 5 hours every day in Istan and all this time we had no Champions for both events. Perhaps is bad luck in let's say 12 hours not to get any Champion? Thanks

• '...Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.'

Have you seen enough through in-game reports and on the forums so far? Has enough conclusive data been collected? What would be the size of optimal sample size in your opinion to classify this situation as a bug and act on it?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

Can confirm no more champions at akili, some scaled world bosses don't have anymore champs too. We were 70 at Akili, only veterans at best.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• One of several Dev posts (in the 'Bugs' sub-forum) on the issue: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/754368/#Comment_754368

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.