Has Istan just got stealth nerfed?

@DedalNort.3627 said:So definitely nerf. Istan is one of the two main farms. If this was intended nerf, it should be in patch notes. People would save a lot of time.

Akili isn't the main Istan farm; it's an add on to the original farm, so that there's less down time.

However, I can't confirm the OP's perception: there were champs spawning when I did it yesterday. About the same as we used to see before people started farming the event in the first place. In other words, it's consistent with lots of folks leaving Istan to farm the Labyrinth instead. Check again in 10-15 days.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Akili isn't the main Istan farm; it's an add on to the original farm, so that there's less down time.Sure it isn't but still many people do it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:However, I can't confirm the OP's perception: there were champs spawning when I did it yesterday.That's interesting. I am gonna try it again tomorrow.

• ArenaNet Staff

If we changed something, we would post about it. Check the recent updates notes and see if there's any reference to changes. If not, then perhaps you've had, as you suggested, a run of bad luck. Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:If we changed something, we would post about it. Check the recent updates notes and see if there's any reference to changes. If not, then perhaps you've had, as you suggested, a run of bad luck. Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.

This wasn't entirely true back in the days where changes were made to dungeon bosses, so it's possible it was either missed or purposefully left out. It's more than likely something was missed, given just how big this game is these days.

@DedalNort.3627 said:Today I did aikii and books twice and I haven't seen even one champion. Bad luck, bug or did they nerfed them last patch? Btw Palawadan and Great Hall seems ok.

It's less likely a nerf and more likely that everyone who would be farming Istan is farming LAB now so not enough there to upscale it to the max.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:If we changed something, we would post about it. Check the recent updates notes and see if there's any reference to changes. If not, then perhaps you've had, as you suggested, a run of bad luck. Or consider that there may be a bug, although if there was a bug I think we'd see a lot more about it, both through in-game reports and on the forums. I agree with what was recommended earlier: Check again, for there's too little data to make any sort of conclusion.

Many people I know of including myself farmed Istan for several hours and there were not any champs at Akili or Books. And about the in-game reports and on the forums there's nothing about it because most people are farming Halloween Lab etc.

@"Donari.5237" said:I've been meaning to head to Paladawan to find an Awakened Champ to finish my Halloween lore collection. If they aren't spawning there, where else can I find one to fit the collection?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_invading_Awakened

Next one according to that site is wayfarer foothills at 6:30 Fr server time bud.

My Opinion on the Akili event bug:

Due to the Halloween Changes and the Categorization of Mobs to drop Halloween bags the Event scaling got messed up (maybe because the champs are not in the same category anymore? ). If an event scales up due to player count, the game picks the more powerful mob in the same category ( normally the veteran or Champ) to spawn instead or in additionGH and pala Champs dont scale with player count... But for Akili, it looks like its messed up. ( btw its the same for caravans, but the spawning mobs dont drop shit so nobody notices it)

I think it will go back to normal after the halloween event is over, so its not that big of a deal

Akili definitely got a nerf.I did Istan on a daily basis before halloween, did it 3 times last week and no champs on akili (no matter the squad size).

Archived