[Feedback] Can we have a more subtle infusion for a change?

All effects infusions are packed with visual effects that completely change your characters appearance (be it color, flames/light, skin tone and surface).

Why can't we have a nice infusion that has an effect like (for example) the Winter Monarch's Outfit? You can see all of your character as they are, with the addition of nice ice crystal sparkles and a subtle mist surrounding them.

Now that's an infusion I would set to get. <3

The Aurillium infusion is not subtle. It does change your coloring into yellow-ish = yuck.

Funny, pink and purple carneval bubbles (almost as bad as Aurora) and long lines of color following whenever you move you consider "subtle"? Ooookayyyy. ;) There is a reason I reason I reskinned my Sunrise. B)

@"Draco.9480" said:Why infusions even change skin color. why can't I've a unique aura instead? like ghostly infusion.

The Ghostly Infusion could have been cool if it actually looked "ghostly". The blue effect is somewhat okay, but the tons of black in it, so that you can barely see your character's face, is absolutely horrendous to me. Those are the reasons I am asking for something classy instead of "In your face!" for a change.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

The Ghostly Infusion could have been cool if it actually looked "ghostly". The blue effect is somewhat okay, but the tons of black in it, so that you can barely see your character's face, is absolutely horrendous to me. Those are the reasons I am asking for something classy instead of "In your face!" for a change.

That is the result of infusion stacking. One ghostly infusion will not obscure your character model in any considerable way. I have 1 equipped on my Chronomancer and though I wouldn't call it a subtle effect, but I can still see my character very well. Stacking them (and the aurillium infusion as well) is too much, in my opinion.I get that people want to go for a certain effect, though. For instance, today I saw someone who had a buckload of ghostly infusions on their character, as well as the blue celestial infusion, coupled with dark blue and black armor dyes. It created an effect almost similar to Liadri, where the character seems to be continually obscured by billowing mist (black and blue instead of the full black of Liadri's effect). On top of that they had Koda's Warmth (the only subtle infusion in the game, or the subtlest of them all, in my opinion) shining through all that black and blue. I get the idea of it, but personally I don't like to look at nothing but a swirling mass of mist effects. to each their own.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

That is the result of infusion stacking. One ghostly infusion will not obscure your character model in any considerable way.

That is not true. I tried it, so I know what I am talking about. Apparently, you don't consider constant thick smoke around your character "concealing", but I do. I like to see my character clearly all the time, which is why I sold said infusion and don't consider getting any of the other current ones. It is also the reason I have no use for Aurora (since you can't deactivate the visual effect).

Therefore, my plea for a decent, classy infusion still stands. I know many MMO players these days like their characters to "stand out" by adding all kinds of effects and/or using flashy gear, but my priority is for my characters to look good.

The Aurillium infusion is
not
subtle. It does change your coloring into yellow-ish = yuck.

Imo the aurilium infusion is more subtle than the snow-effect of the winter monarch outfit you mentioned in your start post. Its probably more that the outfits effect can be dyed white and thus it looks more neutral than the golden sparkles of the aurilium infusion.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

That is the result of infusion stacking. One ghostly infusion will not obscure your character model in any considerable way.

That is not true. I tried it, so I know what I am talking about. Apparently, you don't consider constant thick smoke around your character "concealing", but I do. I like to see my character clearly all the time, which is why I sold said infusion and don't consider getting any of the other current ones. It is also the reason I have no use for Aurora (since you can't deactivate the visual effect).

Therefore, my plea for a decent, classy infusion still stands. I know many MMO players these days like their characters to "stand out" by adding all kinds of effects and/or using flashy gear, but my priority is for my characters to look good.

In case you missed that part, I have that infusion as well so I also know what I'm talking about. And no, it does not conceal my character, nor his face. A wisp occasionally, perhaps, but nothing more. In fact, the alacrity aura effect is much more dominant than 1 ghostly infusion. So I guess this is a case of personal standards and nothing more.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:In case you missed that part, I have that infusion as well so I also know what I'm talking about. And no, it does not conceal my character, nor his face. A wisp occasionally, perhaps, but nothing more.

That is your opinion, not mine. I find it concealing, and I already made it clear.

Anyway, it's beside the point. I wish for more subtle, elegant infusions, and that's that. You can agree, or don't.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:In case you missed that part, I have that infusion as well so I also know what I'm talking about. And no, it does not conceal my character, nor his face. A wisp occasionally, perhaps, but nothing more.

That is your opinion, not mine. I find it concealing, and I already made it clear.

Anyway, it's beside the point. I wish for more subtle, elegant infusions, and that's that.
You can agree, or don't.

Actually both of you are right that it does conceal and it doesn't conceal :blush:

con·cealkeep from sight; hide."a line of sand dunes concealed the distant sea"synonyms: hide, screen, cover, obscure, block out, blot out, mask, shroud, secretekeep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed."love that they had to conceal from others"

But agree, would like some other infusions to be a little less flashy for my own characters, but I am ok on whatever others use, at the end is their taste and the world is made of flavors :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:In case you missed that part, I have that infusion as well so I also know what I'm talking about. And no, it does not conceal my character, nor his face. A wisp occasionally, perhaps, but nothing more.

Anyway, it's beside the point. I wish for more subtle, elegant infusions, and that's that.
You can agree, or don't.

The opinion would be the liking or not liking. What the infusion does, however, is not opinion but fact.

Then again, you must have missed that I already said it is a matter of personal standards, i.e. opinion (the part that you left out of the quote), and that I also don't like the crazy infusion frenzy a lot of people seem to be in, something I like to call clownification. It seems that to these people Fashion Wars is dead and there is only Infusion Wars now. So yes, I agree with you. I just don't agree with you on the single ghostly infusion effect.

Archived