Guardian, Mesmer, Necromancer, Holosmith, and a dash of salt is all it takes...

Crab Fear.1624

Almost every match will have these, and they will have all four of them in some form or another (they holo kit may vary slightly).

The spread may be across teams and they can have multiples.

Everything else you get on the team is a toss-up.

I honestly still believe that soulbeast is the most balanced from PoF, but balance doesn't attract keyboard pushers.

if less than 5 % of the pvp population is in the top 250, then I'll assume that only about 5% of the top 250 players deviate outside of those 4 classes as their main atm.

That is because I know someone is gonna say " I am top 250 but I play renegade" ;)

Confirmation bias confirmed.

How close am I Anet?

@jportell.2197 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:uhh.. main ranger.. I'm 250 EU. I think top 250 is more like 40% of the population. there's hardly even 1000 ppl playing I think..

All you need to do is look a at the rating difference between number 1 and 250, it's pretty obvious that the population of consistent players is pretty kitten small

exactly. I don't use the "show badge" thing cus I don't think it's anything to be proud of.

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:uhh.. main ranger.. I'm 250 EU. I think top 250 is more like 40% of the population. there's hardly even 1000 ppl playing I think..

All you need to do is look a at the rating difference between number 1 and 250, it's pretty obvious that the population of consistent players is pretty kitten small

exactly. I don't use the "show badge" thing cus I don't think it's anything to be proud of.

I'll do you one better. I don't play ranked at all :T

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Thought I should add that I will believe that other people believe that they main something outside the BIG FOUR, but I am willing to bet one of these is their default/safety net for climbing the ladder.

Yup. I loved my thief played alot of games with it. But it just sucks if your team regularly gets wiped. As thief if ur team is wiped in seconds. The moment u go decap some one will come since they don't have to fight for mid and thief dmg is too low to 1v1 with out a prolonged fight which let's more players come. And of course i consistently get flamed for being a thief on why I didn't decap. Well I didn't decap because there is a holo sitting home n I can't stop him. U go far n a ranger is there since mid wiped. So I go +1 but then I get flamed cos I m suppose to decap lol.

So you basically get punished from the game then u can verbally punished by other players.even tho u learn all the rotations. Play it the best u can n have highest stats in most games u still lose.

Realizing this and after fighting many annoying Condi mes, which I admit I have a hard time with unlike power mes. I just went n switched to play mes. Played it on rank after practicing for 1 day. Won some 7 games straight after just watching a YouTube vid about which buttons I need to press.

Over the next few days moved an entire league effortlessly. Able to fight on point about to 1v1 1v2. Fight back to back fights. Consistently highest offense and damage.

I will probably still play unranked thief. The concept is what I love in MMOs. But if I want to win and not feel like a side character. I play mes. It's guaranteed to win 70-80%. Since u can literally carry the entire team.

I am no pro. I am in gold n flutuating to high silver with thief. Now I basically permanently stay in gold because I play meta mes.

I think Necros and Holos are fair.Im more grumpy about Supportguardian and Spellbreakers.

Supportguardians just boost necros so high and are just.. u know.. lame to be so mandatory?Spellbreakers goes "immune/invuln" for what feels like every 15second with block, endure pain, passive endure pain, full counter etc etc. It enforces a game of attrition instead of a skillful, aggressive and tactically fun fight.

is it for rankeds or sPvP overall?didn't get to rankeds yet due to #Iignoredthemodefor6years but recently I started playing sPvP with my rev (herald, semirandomly assembled and then adjusted by experience build)

wouldn't call it "main" yet and I am not in very top high levels or anything, but so far after applying "improvise.adapt.overcome" method so far I'd say my main problems start when I end up alone against multiple enemies and don't realise it fast enought for succesfull disengage.(may be tho partly due to level of enemies I am matched against so far - many mesmers are dying surprisingly easy compared to their wvwroaming counterparts)

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Thought I should add that I will believe that other people believe that they main something outside the BIG FOUR, but I am willing to bet one of these is their default/safety net for climbing the ladder.

Yup. I loved my thief played alot of games with it. But it just sucks if your team regularly gets wiped. As thief if ur team is wiped in seconds. The moment u go decap some one will come since they don't have to fight for mid and thief dmg is too low to 1v1 with out a prolonged fight which let's more players come. And of course i consistently get flamed for being a thief on why I didn't decap. Well I didn't decap because there is a holo sitting home n I can't stop him. U go far n a ranger is there since mid wiped. So I go +1 but then I get flamed cos I m suppose to decap lol.

So you basically get punished from the game then u can verbally punished by other players.even tho u learn all the rotations. Play it the best u can n have highest stats in most games u still lose.

Realizing this and after fighting many annoying Condi mes, which I admit I have a hard time with unlike power mes. I just went n switched to play mes. Played it on rank after practicing for 1 day. Won some 7 games straight after just watching a YouTube vid about which buttons I need to press.

Over the next few days moved an entire league effortlessly. Able to fight on point about to 1v1 1v2. Fight back to back fights. Consistently highest offense and damage.

I will probably still play unranked thief. The concept is what I love in MMOs. But if I want to win and not feel like a side character. I play mes. It's guaranteed to win 70-80%. Since u can literally carry the entire team.

I am no pro. I am in gold n flutuating to high silver with thief. Now I basically permanently stay in gold because I play meta mes.

And this is where the fine print lies mon amis. Mesmer in plat and higher doesn't categorically win nearly as much as everyone believes. It excels at stomping (you'll have to excuse me for the denominator) n00bs, that don't know how to play against it. Most high rated players know all too well how to play around the de-targetting and stealth, and a lot have learned to predict movement patterns and respond accordingly.

Archived