Could we please get a reduction of Revive speed over-all in pvp?

Ovark.2514

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:Good players won't let you just run up and revive someone for free like in low level games and they'll also finish them quickly. It's fine.

A lot of it depends on your build. If you're playing at that low a level you may not have a build with enough CC or condi spam. Revive will still be valuable even if it's nerfed like I suggest. Lets balance the game for everyone why don't we.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Yeah, fast revives should
not
exist in PvP. Same reason quickness stomping was removed

Nerf Scrapper, too OPI was watching your stream today, scrapper looks interesting and balanced for the tools it has, unlike "all damage" holo kids.

It is rather interesting. Most people don't understand how it works. Function Gyro alone is a pretty mediocre trait, far, far worse than say, Ritual of Life. However, interesting things happen when you bring every possible tool to increase the success rate of your core trait. It has a much more nuanced execution than the "spam F" that other professions do.

• Use of party frames required!!! You must click before using Function Gyro. This itself is a big sacrifice of your attention in the moment,
  • Pre-cast Bulwark Gyro's effects, Defense Field and/or Reconstruction field,
  • Manually activate the Function Gyro,

To do the highest success rate revive combo you have to conserve & sync 3-4 cooldowns and have the awareness to have the person targeted beforehand, it's fairly easy to mess up the execution.

Some specs (Scrapper, Blood) are built around doing this in place of other roles. At the moment they seem to not be competitive at the tournament level.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

not

Quickness revive was also removed in the same patch

That's good. Time to remove traits and skills that speed up reviving now

It's not better for everyone to just stack bursts (Holo, Mirage, Soulbeast, Herald, Core Guard, Deadeye) and never have to worry about things after downing someone. That's already what's being seen a fair bit now.

That certainly would be more convenient for burst combo builds that have limited follow-up wouldn't it? If all fast revivers were removed, that is.

Also you give no thought to shafting Necro which both relies on being revived, and utilizing Blood reviving in solo play. Shafting Scrapper which is a respectable spec but still lacking & being chained to a fast revive mechanic. You ignored my previous post obvs.

Your usual "buff my DH" posts are better because they don't highlight your disregard for other specs as much

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

not

It's not better for everyone to just stack bursts (Holo, Mirage, Soulbeast, Herald, Core Guard, Deadeye) and never have to worry about things after downing someone. That's already what's being seen a fair bit now.

That certainly would be more convenient for burst combo builds that have limited follow-up wouldn't it? If all fast revivers were removed, that is.

Also you give no thought to shafting Necro which both relies on being revived, and utilizing Blood reviving in solo play. Shafting Scrapper which is a respectable spec but still lacking & being chained to a fast revive mechanic. You ignored my previous post obvs.

Your usual "buff my DH" posts are better because they don't highlight your disregard for other specs as much

The core reason behind me saying remove traits and skills that speed up reviving is because we removed being able to stomp enemies quickly. Why remove one but keep the other? And true - it would remove some support utility from classes like Scrapper and Necros that use Blood Magic. I did think about how it would effect them. I would be very happy to see blood rezzing disappear :). I wouldn't mind Guardian losing res signet if that helps... I'm not trying to disregard other specs, I just think this is a necessary balance change is all

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

not

The core reason behind me saying remove traits and skills that speed up reviving is because we removed being able to stomp enemies quickly. Why remove one but keep the other? And true - it would remove some support utility from classes like Scrapper and Necros that use Blood Magic. I did think about how it would effect them. I would be
very
happy to see blood rezzing disappear :). I wouldn't mind Guardian losing res signet if that helps... I'm not trying to disregard other specs, I just think this is a necessary balance change is all

Fast stomping is not the main counterbalance to reviving, you're operating under a misleading principle.

It's overall damage & CC levels currently in the meta.

I agree Ritual of Life could use a small X% shave to revive pulses, however I think Guardian, Scrapper, Ele, their revive utility existing is a positive balance check. Burst combo builds are better than fine right now. Seriously, the problem with preventing revives is your DH. Try Engi/Necro/Rev or any high sustained damage class.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

not

The core reason behind me saying remove traits and skills that speed up reviving is because we removed being able to stomp enemies quickly. Why remove one but keep the other? And true - it would remove some support utility from classes like Scrapper and Necros that use Blood Magic. I did think about how it would effect them. I would be
very
happy to see blood rezzing disappear :). I wouldn't mind Guardian losing res signet if that helps... I'm not trying to disregard other specs, I just think this is a necessary balance change is all

Fast stomping is not the main counterbalance to reviving, you're operating under a misleading principle.

It's overall damage & CC levels currently in the meta.

I agree Ritual of Life could use a small X% shave to revive pulses, however I think Guardian, Scrapper, Ele, their revive utility existing is a positive balance check. Burst combo builds are better than fine right now. Seriously, the problem with preventing revives is your DH. Try Engi/Necro/Rev or any high sustained damage class.

Oh I 100% agree. DH is terrible at stopping revives. I know it's nowhere near meta level too... The reason I keep playing it is because I enjoy it. I just got a new mouse that should help me play Holo so we'll see how it goes :)

At the very least I would like to see revive pulsing from skills/traits be decreased

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:Good players won't let you just run up and revive someone for free like in low level games and they'll also finish them quickly. It's fine.

yeah right. good players will always pick up their allies in less than 3 seconds

the revive boosters need to go. and the pulsing heal that comes with some of them.

for example, it aint happening when you got 2 necs, and a guard.

that just points to other issues though

Archived