Fixing downed state

TheBravery.9615

Yes! Another thread about the unhealthy mechanic that gives zergs the benefit over the opposing team they outnumber. I'll throw this idea out here on what could be done to this mechanic to make this less of a positive feedback mechanic.

• Change the base downed penalty in WvW from 1 point(25%) to 2 point(50%). (effectively making it so you can only get revived once in a 60 second period)
  • Disable revival by action key (F) on downed players by default in WvW, allow revivals only through use of specific skills/traits. (e.g. scrapper drones, battle standard, signet of mercy, etc)
  • Change the revival mechanic on defeated players: Anytime you receive damage trying to revive a defeated player, you stop the revival process. Increase the time required to revive a defeated player by 50%.
  • Change the rally mechanic so you can no longer rally off of veteran NPCs.
  • Change the outnumbered buff. so it allows for revival of downed players by action key (F)

What this does: Creates a specific role in WvW, the revive medic- which gives scrappers, and utility skills/traits that revive a place. Reduce the benefit of reviving when your team outnumbers the enemy, creates a more fair playing field without removing the built in utility of scrappers/revival abilities. Makes NPC veteran guards less of a rally tool liability that works against the team they're aligned with. Keeps custom finishers in the game.

What do you guys think?

@"derd.6413" said:a bit overnerfed imo

from my expirience it isn't "press f to revive" that's a problem but rallying that is. so no need to delete it

That would mean that you're fighting in zerg vs zerg wars. My perspective is as a roamer vs zerg, where I down someone in a zerg only for them to walk up to the person and start hard resurrecting him/her. In this case where they outnumber me 10+ to 1, my gank did nothing to stop them and the revive mechanic benefits them.

People might say it's 1 vs 10, you shouldn't be able to win against 10 enemies, but I say the 10 enemies shouldn't have a crutch helping them when they already outnumber me.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

from my expirience it isn't "press f to revive" that's a problem but rallying that is. so no need to delete it

That would mean that you're fighting in zerg vs zerg wars. My perspective is as a roamer vs zerg, where I down someone in a zerg only for them to walk up to the person and start hard resurrecting him/her. In this case where they outnumber me 10+ to 1, my gank did nothing to stop them and the revive mechanic benefits them.

People might say it's 1 vs 10, you shouldn't be able to win against 10 enemies, but I say the 10 enemies shouldn't have a crutch helping them when they already outnumber me.

i see where you're comming from but even then removing it is severly overnerfing it.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

Oh, so your ideas aren't about improving the large scale fights that this gamemode is designed around, they're just for you to be able to gank players in zerg builds and get away with it.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Oh, so your ideas aren't about improving the large scale fights that this gamemode is designed around, they're just for you to be able to gank players in zerg builds and get away with it.

Couldn't be further from the truth. The revive mechanic lets players get away with lazy mistakes, including players in large scale battles. You think a staring contest between zergs rallying eachother is fun? When Anet nerfed the rally/resurrection mechanic first time around (can't rally off trash mobs, can only resurrect dead players out of combat) it was a breath of fresh air for large scale wvw fights. What I'm proposing may even stir up large scale fights more by adding a new dedicated role in the meta- players running with revive skills.

the speed in wich one can ressurect with F or ressurction skills needs to remain as fast for larger scale fights, because if it does take too long it wont be worth rezzing. the combat is designed with downedstate in mind, therefore removing it or overnerfing it will require a lot of changes to many professions. as mostly solo roamer with pretty much no cleave my opponents get ressed alot, but thats perfectly fine. most people i run into run some build for groupfights so they would be at a major disadvantage if they couldnt help each other up.i personally would only like to see the 1. change proposed so that you need to stay alive for 60s after a rally/rez. the rest is too much. could even reduce the timer of that a little so you only need to stay alive 30-40s after a rally/rez, that would already be a major help to end some endless ressurection wars in small-midscale, while not removing the mechanic out of large scale.

rally off npc guards mainly affects smallscale, yet there the one with the guard has the advantage of the guard helping and the risk of the guard rallying wich i think is fine. but multiple people can rally off 1 npc guard, that could be reduced to 1 - like with players. also not sure why we can rally off build siege..

Archived