Solo player looking for a home [NA, TC, PvX, Casual, EST, 18+]

Raijin Tora.3294

Hello! I would like to thank you for stopping by! My name is Shepard :)

I've been playing off and on since late 2012/early 2013, and have lost count of how many guilds I've joined but ultimately left because things didn't entirely work out for me. I'm looking for a place to belong and have a sense of community. Most of my gaming experience has been through solo play, and while I can't complain too much, it does get a bit lonely sometimes. I don't have people of my own to talk to in-game or do things with. So here I am, putting myself out there in the hopes if finding a place to settle and belong to.

Here are some things about me:

• I am 30 years old, looking for an 18+ guild (strongly preferred)
  • My main profession is warrior, though I have one of each profession (plus duplicates because I LOVE alts!)
  • I mainly enjoy PvE content, though I would be up to learning how to Raid and maybe getting into WvW a bit again (here's where the TC requirement comes in). Dungeons and Fractals are also enjoyable - my highest Fractal level is somewhere in T2 I believe. Or T3. I'll change this after logging in to check since I can't remember off the top of my head
  • I struggle with mental illness and am also neuro-divergent. One of the things I deal with daily is social anxiety. I can get very drained very quickly so I might not always be up to talking in larger groups at times. If you and your guild are okay and accepting of these things, then I'll gladly consider joining your ranks as a member.
  • I am within the LGBT umbrella, so your guild MUST BE LGBT AFFIRMING if I am to consider joining you. I do not and will not tolerate homophobia, transphobia, acephobia, etc. and will not hesitate to leave if a guild tolerates it in any capacity.
  • I generally like to play in the afternoon/evening, during the week, EST. Times tend to vary, so they may not always be the same.

What I am looking for, in detail:

• No rep requirement - I understand that the rep/no rep topic is heavily debatable in the community, but I do not feel comfortable committing myself 100% to one guild at this time.
  • A social, active guild - I'd like to have opportunities to partake in guild events, missions, and just interact with others while I play. Strong bonds make for strong friendships, no?
  • Little to no drama. I get it. Drama is going to happen sometimes, and people are going to create friction in groups. But I'm going to avoid a group like the plague if drama happens frequently.
  • Fun! If you're not having fun, what's the point of the game, am I right? I want to enjoy my time, same as you. I have little space for rude behavior.

I am in absolutely no rush to join a guild, but I would like to toss a net out and see if I can get some interest, and maybe find a place for me.

Thank you again for taking the time to look. If you have a guild that is recruiting and meet the requirements, or have questions, please consider either sending me a mail in-game or commenting below!

Greetings Raijin,

Sounds like my little home fits pretty much all of your requirements. We're called The Gryphons Aerie and we’re a small, casual/semi-casual yet social, 18+, PvE/Light RP, family on Tarnished Coast. Many of us deal with anxiety and other mental issues and have sort of formed our own little support group too. We love to help new and returning players get back on their feet. We're currently building up our ranks a bit in order to have more regularly scheduled guild events, but in the meantime, we often just wing it for the night according to what folks want to do. Our current peak time tends to be in the mid-late evening EST (UTC-5), starting around reset, but we have a few others who are around from various time zones as well.

We’re willing to help out with any and all questions as best as we can, whether it's dungeons/Fractals, builds, and other general game questions. All you need to do is ask. We also don’t do the “speed runs”, exploits, etc, nor require anyone to bring a specific class or build for any dungeon run. Bring whatever you want and we'll have fun regardless.

We know that RL comes first and stress that fact.We’ll still be there even if you can’t for a bit of time. Just leave a little note to let us know you'll be away, and all is well.

We do not demand 100% representation.It’s not our business to tell you who you can and cannot associate with; that choice is yours alone.

We are focused on providing a place where people can feel comfortable and as though they are more than just a name on the roster. We want everyone to feel like family.We are very LGBTQ+ affirmative and do not tolerate any sort of derogatory words, comments, bigotry etc. toward anyone regardless of nationality, race, religious beliefs, gender identity or sexuality. Anyone violating that policy is subject to immediate removal, no questions asked.

We also have a Discord, where everyone is expected to use the text channels to some degree, but the voice channels are never required.

In order to maintain our "quality vs. quantity" aspect and help build the family-like atmosphere of the guild, we require an application. This application asks only for basic information to help us try to organize things to fit around everyone's schedules and takes just a few minutes.

For more information, and to take the next step in joining us, please check out our Guild Website.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note here or contact me in game and I’ll do my best to answer them.

you don't throw a net out there, we get the fish we want =p always!so far so good. sound like we're very compatible. and hopefully we'll get to talk more if you have any questions.solo play is good. it's self sufficient. but sometimes you long for a silly community to just let loose, talk about crap and open a bottle or two. challenge to some contents while intoxicated, or just observe people having fun and it sorta fulfilled you, etc.for the wvw part, you could go to your ebg and look for a guild that is recruiting since you'll be able to play together. we usually have a separate wvw and pvx guild. until Anet release the new wvw system, we'll have to be separated by mega servers.i'm quite not sure what time you'd play. but we've full time jobs so pretty much can only get online after work, after reset or so.since you're in no rush, feel free to make some coffee/tea and find out more about us with the link provided. it's definitely not for the faint hearted.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41284/na-pvx-intense-pleasure-mmm-chill-guild-lfm-filthy-casuals-to-insomniacs-new-vet-all-welcome/p1?new=1

Archived