No legendary armor skin?

Amaranthe.3578

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Why does the pvp/wvw legendary armor has no unique skin?

The point was always to offer an epic reward for raids. ANet changed their mind about offering the functionality, but not about offering the same type of reward.Besides that it's an enormous amount of work that has mostly gotten ambivalent reaction from the community. Far better for the community overall to get more skins more often than invest so much attention in more complicated designs.

Because you don't have to be in a team to earn armor with legendary stats, unlike raids (PVE).

teamwork makes the dream work

So is this something Anet has said? I always thought it was just because of their abandonment of sPVP. They thought it wasn't worth the effort. Am I wrong?

@Ovark.2514 said:

Because you don't have to be in a team to earn armor with legendary stats, unlike raids (PVE).

So is this something Anet has said? I always thought it was just because of their abandonment of sPVP. They thought it wasn't worth the effort. Am I wrong?

That's not really accurate. They said from the start that they have no plans for any more skins for legendary. The only change they made was to offer legendary-functionality to PvPers and WvWers.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

You are wrong. They said from the start that they have no plans for any more skins for legendary. The only change they made was to offer legendary-functionality to PvPers and WvWers.

Ooook. Guess I'll have to take your word for it then.

Would rather not stifle the skin production from the PVE side with another year long wait for any decent skins. How it'll end up if they make legendary armor skins for Spvp - people are going to say it's fugly and get salty about how bad they think it was designed, complain, complain, complain. Besides with how things have been for the record in the last year or two, spvp doesn't deserve that level of resource dedication.

@Ovark.2514 said:

You are wrong. They said from the start that they have no plans for any more skins for legendary. The only change they made was to offer legendary-functionality to PvPers and WvWers.

Ooook. Guess I'll have to take your word for it then.

Eh, you shouldn't take my word. I do try to research before I post and I especially try to avoid interpreting as I paraphrase. Still, no matter how much care I take, I will make mistakes. So it's worth seeing the quotes yourself.

And my apology, Ovark. I realized after reading my response came across harsh, which I didn't mean.I'm sorry for my phrasing.

Here are the quotes I have saved up that relate to legendary armor:

Could pvp legendary armor be added to count towards the “get 18 pieces of legendary armor” achievement?@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 replied:It not counting was actually one of the ways McKenna and I were able to get it approved for PvP and WvW.

(paraphrase of) [how about fractal or raid items for PvP reward tracks?]@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 replied:I don't think we'll be taking rewards from other game modes. There is a lot of value of different game modes getting some unique rewards.

Spvp legendary armor needs a legendary skin.@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 replied:It's pretty unlikely. Legendary skins are extremely work intensive.

They also said that raids always needed an epic reward and the particular skins we have are part of that. I didn't happen to save the quotes; if I have time later, I'll track them down.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The point was always to offer an epic reward for raids. ANet changed their mind about offering the functionality, but not about offering the same type of reward.Besides that it's an enormous amount of work that has mostly gotten ambivalent reaction from the community. Far better for the community overall to get more skins more often than invest so much attention in more complicated designs.

Oh I dont think it should be a ridiculously complicated skin like the pve ones just...something different from the ascended skin.

And my apology, Ovark. I realized after reading my response came across harsh, which I didn't mean.I'm sorry for my phrasing.

It's alright, I didn't think you were harsh (I see what you did there though ;) ). It would be nice to have some unique skin for our legendary armor - not an amazing skin like raids or anything - just something unique. But it doesn't matter too much to me since I am getting close to completing all three sets anyway.

@Arlette.9684 said:Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

Seems fair to me.

Yeah because winning a match is not a team effort especially at high level plat, if you add to that you need to do 9 seasons or repeat the last chest (byzantium ) 33 times, which is roughly about 180 pips per chest, 10 pip for win + 2 if platinum (+1 if top stats). If you do the match is winning 594 matches or 495 in platinum. So considering the low population and that the queue is kitten explain please how is not an effort legend pvp armor?

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@"Arlette.9684" said:Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

Seems fair to me.

Yeah because winning a match is not a team effort especially at high level plat, if you add to that you need to do 9 seasons or repeat the last chest (byzantium ) 33 times, which is roughly about 180 pips per chest, 10 pip for win + 2 if platinum (+1 if top stats). If you do the match is winning 594 matches or 495 in platinum. So considering the low population and that the queue is kitten explain please how is not an effort legend pvp armor?

even bronzos solos can get it.

also, you are thrown into a "random group", it's not always a team lol

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

DURRR

The Durrr is you for making such idiotic arguments ;)

You want to derail and close your own thread? Keep getting snarky and posting mean things. Then you can go scream at the wall for not getting your way like you used to.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

Seems fair to me.

Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.Winning matches takes effort o.o

If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a time investment. If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

@Arlette.9684 said:

Seems fair to me.

Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.Winning matches takes effort o.o

If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a
time investment.
If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

Tanking low raiting and then getting it back? xDThats not the fastest but rather the most idiotic way.You dont need "textbook execution" to clear a gw2 raidboss xD, give me a break (Ive raiding in WoW for years and some in gw2 and its much easier here)

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Seems fair to me.

If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a
time investment.
If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

Tanking low raiting and then getting it back? xDThats not the fastest but rather the most idiotic way.You dont need "textbook execution" to clear a gw2 raidboss xD, give me a break (Ive raiding in WoW for years and some in gw2 and its much easier here)

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

On the topic of WoW: I played the game almost since its launch back in 2003 (or was it 2004?). I have 3 Gladiator titles S3-4-6 and have spent countless hours clearing raids vigorously for years. Guild Wars 2 raids feel much less user friendly and challenging than even the Vanilla 40man raid groups of legend.

I don't think any raid gives room for much error unless you have an expert group with hundreds of boss kills. The average player can't clear them for a reason, because they take a big chunk of responsibility each and one failing can be enough to make it not happen for the rest.

PvP can't fail, it might just take longer. Neither can WvW. It's more of a participation trophy.

Edit: And it only exists to give them also the benefit of having something to work towards, to give them the luxury of stat and rune swappable armor, not necessarily some attempt at making a very rewarding or interesting system. Besides didn't they start working on a new set of pvp armors long ago? That might come soon and be fancy enough for you guys.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

Seems fair to me.

You can lose every single match and still make progress. Getting legendary armor through sPvP is essentially a timesink only with winning speeding it up.

Archived